About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Gearheads
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gearheads Greasy mechanical things. Fixing your car, swapping out engines, buying tools, and getting maximum horsepower.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-02, 03:49
ultrafresh ultrafresh is offline
Regular
 
Default DAEWOO SITES?

does anybody know of any aftermarket daewoo sites? i was considering buying one but i want a few solid recources cause of the 105 stoch horsepower, among other things. i get my temps in 6 days and i cant wait! and no, my parents arent payin for shit on my car.
 #2 
Old 2002-09-02, 14:59
Whiplash_89 Whiplash_89 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DAEWOO SITES?

i dont know any daewoo sites, but daewoo is a part of hyundai so i assume they use most of the same parts... ask your dealer which hyundai is your daewoo's cousin, then look for that...
 #3 
Old 2002-09-03, 22:07
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DAEWOO SITES?

quote:
Originally posted by ultrafresh:
does anybody know of any aftermarket daewoo sites? i was considering buying one but i want a few solid recources cause of the 105 stoch horsepower, among other things. i get my temps in 6 days and i cant wait! and no, my parents arent payin for shit on my car.


ROTFLMAO

Buying minamal Budget transportation, I see?

before you buy, I'll just say that Daewoo isn't exactly the Best carmaker in the world. a friend of mine, Chris, who knows fuck all about cars, replaced his old Yugo with a Daewoo (the engine in the yugo blew up after going up a hill... nasty shit). well, he figured he ruled the road, and invited me for a ride. I had heard stories about Daewoo being shit, so I was a bit weary...

The ride was atrochious(sic). it was too rough, and Suspension had a terrible time. the engine was underpowered, but it is an Econo car. I had noticed a few cheap plastic bits in the interior. and the Radio didn't work for some unknown reason. it was pretty cramped inside, too. and they didn't really bother turning the material supposedly used for the seats... into seats!

well, I don't know why you would want to modify your daewoo, or even bother buying the thing in the first place. but obviously, it's not my choice. I simply hope you make one that you won't regret, because chris' brakes failed in his parking lot, and he had to use the parking brake just to make it to the mechanics! he sure regrets it now...

cheers and good luck!
 #4 
Old 2002-10-01, 02:05
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DAEWOO SITES?

Korean cars are all made to be trashed! Don't bother with it. Personally, I would rather buy a Yugo anyday. Township Rebellion... Does your friend still have the Yugo??? I am looking for one.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-01, 02:54
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: DAEWOO SITES?

I heard recently that Yugos were going back into production. Scary stuff.

Please don't buy a Daewoo. Please.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-02, 04:25
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DAEWOO SITES?

quote:
Originally posted by ThetaReactor:
I heard recently that Yugos were going back into production. Scary stuff.


You're right. But the company will be known as Zastava Motor Works and their vehicles are rumored to be called ZMWs. I certainly hope they set up dealerships in the Americas.


quote:
Please don't buy a Daewoo. Please.


Daewoo should stick to TVs!
 #7 
Old 2002-10-03, 10:56
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DAEWOO SITES?

quote:
Originally posted by KamikazePimp:
Korean cars are all made to be trashed! Don't bother with it. Personally, I would rather buy a Yugo anyday. Township Rebellion... Does your friend still have the Yugo??? I am looking for one.


nah, from what I heard, he sold it. and about week later I saw it in one of the many local car dumps... and chris got an angry phone call. apparently the engine blew for good when he tried another hill...

and please tell me you're joking.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-04, 02:45
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DAEWOO SITES?

quote:
Originally posted by Township Rebellion:
nah, from what I heard, he sold it. and about week later I saw it in one of the many local car dumps... and chris got an angry phone call. apparently the engine blew for good when he tried another hill...

and please tell me you're joking.



I just want something different. I'm tired of seeing Japanese, American, Korean, & German cars all the time. Eastern Europe representin'!
 #9 
Old 2002-10-04, 08:39
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DAEWOO SITES?

quote:
Originally posted by KamikazePimp:
I just want something different. I'm tired of seeing Japanese, American, Korean, & German cars all the time. Eastern Europe representin'!


sorry, Yugo's are actually alot worse than korean cars. try british or italian cars. you can find a fiat, or lancia for cheap, and those are generally reliable, quality cars. also, Lotus, Opel, and TVR make great cars.

I know what you mean about the japanese and american cars, though. just in the interior, around the okanogan, it's just choked shit full of mustangs! penticton is choking with them! and you can find honda civics (stock, and "riced" up, although usually stock) everywhere around where I live.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics