|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-12-23, 23:39
|
Kia Kordestani 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Bowling for Columbine
Anyone seen it? Whaddya think of it,...
|
|
#2
 2002-12-24, 01:27
|
Armed&Angry 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
I saw a review for it in Reason, and its supposedly a lot of silly tripe about how America is apparently this extremely violent and senseless place. I guess I just live in the wrong part of it, I can't start a fight even if I try.
|
|
#3
 2002-12-24, 04:06
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
Micheal Moore wants to use his first admendment right to take away my second admendment right, what more can I say?
If american is such a "violent and senseless place" then why doesn't he relocate to another country of his choice?
During the elections of 2000, didn't sean pean say that if bush was elected he was going to "leave the country"?
Hollywood = generally the biggest bunch of hipocrits and biggots i've ever seen or heard.
[This message has been edited by I Love Poop (edited 12-24-2002).]
|
|
#4
 2002-12-25, 02:24
|
syphon detonator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
poop has 1911 posts 
|
|
#5
 2002-12-25, 03:38
|
Armed&Angry 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
That's gotta be a sign of something.
|
|
#6
 2002-12-25, 15:21
|
rlpinca 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
It wasn't just Sean Penn, there were several hollywood types that jumped on that bandwagon. None have left though.
The 1911 thing is a sign. Poop, go buy yourself a Kimber. Don't question the signs.
Relocating to another country isn't usually an option for poor working class anti gun people. However, the rich anti american, anti gun fucknuts could do so easily. America is fucked up pretty bad, but it's nothing compared to what most of the world is.
|
|
#7
 2002-12-26, 14:48
|
ubermutant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
i've not seen the movie yet, but i heard he makes one sided comparisons. example: england has a much lower gun violence rate than america. 1. england is a fraction of the size of the us. 2. guns are illegal. 3. they have cameras set up all over london (and possibly elsewhere.)
|
|
#8
 2002-12-27, 09:31
|
|
Regular
|
|
the happy land of australia
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
i haven't seen this yet, although i will eventually, but the last post was just stupid.
1)gun deaths per million in the US - 40. per million in the UK - 1. that is a huge diffrence.(my figures, US pop=280,562,489 deaths=11,127. UK pop=59,778,002 deaths=68) 2)that is the point, gun control seems to be working there. if it is not gun control that is doing it, then people in the UK seem to be better at controlling themselves. 3)it has nothing to do with weather they get caught. you introduced that yourself. it is no deterrant, because few murders happen in the middle of a major city during the day.
|
|
#9
 2002-12-28, 00:47
|
ubermutant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
murders do happen in the city by day. and you have to ask yourself at what cost did england lower their shooting death rate? I don't know about you, but i wouldn't enjoy living in an area where i'm constantly being watched regardless of what i am doing. i admit i didn't crunch the numbers or seen the movie, but it doesn't seem like an even comparison to me.
|
|
#10
 2002-12-29, 03:33
|
syphon detonator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
i agree, one shred of freedom is worth more than an inumerable amount of lives, history has proven it. and remember englands gun related crime was lower than the US before their extreme gun contoll measures so saying the drop is only because of GC is probably false.
|
|
#11
 2002-12-29, 08:41
|
M79TIME 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
I havn't seen the movie, but I have seen many of Michal Moore's "works." If they are any indication the movie is just like anything else the whiny liberals try. It cost a lot of money and didn't accomplish very much. Still I want to see the movie, for the entertainment value if nothing else. A teacher I have saw it and gave me the short jist of it. Apparantly the gun culture in this country stems from us being afraid. Of what I don't know. I'll wait to hear this exciting enlightenment straight from the horse's mouth, but when dealing with Moore it will probable come from the other end.
[This message has been edited by M79TIME (edited 12-29-2002).]
|
|
#12
 2002-12-29, 17:50
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
Example of why Micheal Moore is a cockmunching dildo face,
When I registered on his website for the forums, I was promissed a "free gun!"
woohoo! yea! gimme gimme!
Anyone who emailed him requesting info about the free gun he promised them had their accounts banned =/
|
|
#13
 2002-12-29, 18:24
|
ubermutant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
wow what a crappy trick... i'd like to put michael moore in a barrel and roll him off a cliff.
|
|
#14
 2002-12-31, 00:28
|
Genital-Warfare 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
He had a specal on msnbc, i nearly shot my tv I was so pissed. Out of his mouth came lie after uneducated lie. "I wanted to run as president of the nra so i could dismantal it from the inside," fuck that he'll never win against our hero. "Guns dont kill people, Americans do;" No, low life ganbangers and drug dealers do. "Balsic fingerprinting, even if it saves one life," Its like these people dont get it, do you think someone who is gonna kill someone will use a fingerprinted gun, nope only the average civilan will suffer when some steals their gun and comits a crime.
CTR
|
|
#15
 2002-12-31, 21:33
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
It's funny that anyone who i've spoken to that are for ballastic fingerprinting and a nationwide registration of all firearms are against my proposed nationwide registry of everyone's DNA. When a violent crime is commited, even those without a firearm, there is often a transfer of hair, mucous and blood which is left for investigators at the sceene. With the nationwide DNA registry the investigators would be able to match it up with ease. Just for the record i'm for neither. No ballastic fingerprinting or registration of firearms and espically no registry of DNA. But you would be a hypocrit in my opinion if you were for one and not the other. quote: "I wanted to run as president of the nra so i could dismantal it from the inside,"
I wonder how many firearms michael moore has in his arsenal. A lot of these politically motivated antigunners are not against guns, they are against YOU AND ME owning a gun. It's okay if they have one =)
|
|
#16
 2003-01-01, 02:17
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
quote: Originally posted by I Love Poop:
During the elections of 2000, didn't sean pean say that if bush was elected he was going to "leave the country"?
[This message has been edited by I Love Poop (edited 12-24-2002).]
I wish he did. He wouldn't be missed by me, nor would Susan Sarandon, Martin Sheen, and Vanessa Redgrave. Arnold should get into his Conan garb and put all of them to the sword 
|
|
#17
 2003-01-02, 05:30
|
tested 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
the movie wuz great and 100% legitimate.i admit to living in canada, but still i see what happens in the US allt he time, and i agree 100% with micheal.thanks.
|
|
#18
 2003-01-02, 19:57
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
quote: the movie wuz great and 100% legitimate.
Were you stoned off your ass at the time you watched the movie? Figures a drug user would appreciate MM. The only reason you probabaly know of the term "legitimate" is because you wanted to know what is the difference between weed and arageno. Bowling for Columbine = A simple movie for a simple mind!
|
|
#19
 2003-01-03, 08:55
|
Iscariot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
LOL BURN. I would like to question why all you people seem to hate Micheal Moore. From what I know of him, he is a movie director, a gun lover, and a lifetime member of the NRA. His documentary movie was not about how Guns kill, but why there are more Gun murders in the States then anywhere else. The one reason Micheal Moore seems to chow down on the NRA to me seemed like because Charlton Heston likes to show up in Cities where School shootings just occured. Which I see as nothing short of absolute disrespect for the victims. By reading your posts, I conjure that none of you have actually seen this film. or took it seriously.
I've only watched it once and that was months ago, but I dont remember Micheal Moore saying in any part of the movie how he desired Gun Control in the USA.
And honestly, I m sick and tired of people saying "If you have a problem with my country, then leave." America is everyone's (citizen's) country, and it is their's as much as it is yours.
|
|
#20
 2003-01-03, 09:22
|
D.N.S 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
quote: Originally posted by Iscariot: The one reason Micheal Moore seems to chow down on the NRA to me seemed like because Charlton Heston likes to show up in Cities where School shootings just occured. Which I see as nothing short of absolute disrespect for the victims.
by your logic if i was a private pilot and i flew a plane over new york say a month after 9/11 i would be disrespectful
|
|
#21
 2003-01-03, 16:25
|
Armed&Angry 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
I've freely admitted that I didn't see the movie. However, his other actions have clearly proven that Michael Moore has nothing but contempt for the average American who exercises his right to self defense. One example is his statement about dismantling the NRA from the inside - or, for that matter, his bullshit trick with the "free gun" offer at his website. Is he a great film maker? Maybe. Couldn't say, haven't seen his flicks. But as far as being an intelligent, informed, rational and pragmatic thinker, he has been judged and found wanting.
|
|
#22
 2003-01-03, 19:35
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
quote: From what I know of him, he is a movie director, a gun lover, and a lifetime member of the NRA.
Iscariot, michael moore is antigun, a liar, a manipulater, racist, he makes up his own facts as he sees fit. Spend about ten minutes on his website and you'll get a better clue. Spend about an hour looking over any and all of his press releases, statements and you'll get a bigger clue. If you want to make yourself sick read his book "stupid white men" Moore said it himself "I joined the NRA so I can run for president of this organization and dismantle it from the inside." quote: but why there are more Gun murders in the States then anywhere else
lol well he was wrong. It's simple math. quote: The one reason Micheal Moore seems to chow down on the NRA to me seemed like because Charlton Heston likes to show up in Cities where School shootings just occured.
Heston had a obligation to attended a conference in a nearby city, unfortunitely the columbine incident happened prior to the scheduled date. Heston made many public statements about the horror of the columbine shooting, he kept his appointment which sent many celeb's off in a rant. Michael Moore's spin on the facts of that situation in the movie were outrageously false. Do your own research. quote: or took it seriously.
I don't take anything michael moore does seriously. I know the man, I know the politics, I know what he really stands for and I know his hidden agenda.
|
|
#23
 2003-01-03, 21:11
|
Iscariot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
Taken, I don't know anything about Micheal Moore other then what I've learned from his movie, so I won't delve into that anymore. quote: Originally posted by D.N.S: by your logic if i was a private pilot and i flew a plane over new york say a month after 9/11 i would be disrespectful
D.N.S, there are alot of smartass people on the Internet, but if you can actually believe in what you have said, then you have got problems. Don't turn my words around, you know what I meant. PS. I m sure alot New Yorkers would've been frightened to see any unidentified planes in the air prior to 9/11.
|
|
#24
 2003-01-03, 21:53
|
Armed&Angry 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
Actually, Iscariot, I think Poop addressed that one pretty well already. The man had an appointment to keep. If he had cancelled it like you wanted him to, he'd just get bitch-slapped some more by the media, with claims that he's covering his ass. The decision was the right one. It's not like he showed up at the murder scene, grabbed Harris' TEC-9, and said "whee-oo! That's a darn fine shooter ya got there, pardner!" He expressed his grief sincerely and openly. Think, for Christ's sakes.
|
|
#25
 2003-01-04, 00:06
|
Iscariot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Bowling for Columbine
quote: Originally posted by Armed&Angry: Think, for Christ's sakes.
I honestly don't think its my lack of thinking that conflicts with your opinion, but its my point of view versus yours. I keep by what I've said before. If I lived in a town, where two young boys walked into a school, shot dozens of their fellow students, and committed suicide themselves, I would be incredibly angry for the NRA to show up. What if it was your kid? That got shot, and/or went on the shooting? Would you feel the same about guns? Would you welcome the NRA with arms wide open? [This message has been edited by Iscariot (edited 01-04-2003).]
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|