About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-04, 23:08
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default I got into a disagreement with a gun grabber today!

I'm sitting at the dealership in the waiting room while a oil change and other maintance is being performed on my car. I'm reading a "handgunner" magazine when someone across the room from me starts into a converation about why guns should be outlawed, here's a couple main points that he made which we discussed.

Gun Grabber, "Well if we're not going to ban handguns we should have one of two things established. First being nationwide federalized registration and secondly ballastic fingerprinting of all firearms."

Poop, "Well in that case, would you be for or against nationwide registration of everyone's DNA?" , "Considering that a signifcant number of assaults and murders are commited without a firearm and when these murders take place evidence such as blood and hair from the attacker are often left on the sceene."

Gun Grabber (has to think for a moment or two)

Poop, "Would you?"

Gun Grabber, "I see your point but..."

(Poop cuts off gun grabber)

Poop, "But what?"

Gun Grabber, "I see your point. But what about ballastic fingerprinting?"

Poop, "Good question, here's the problem about ballastic fingerprinting." , "First off the ballastic fingerprint will eventually be altered from common use of the firearm as rounds are put through it, Secondly the barrel can be altered or replaced with a new barrel, Third other comonponets of the firearm which are tested to make a ballastic match to the casing such as the firing pin and extractor can also be altered and replaced."

"We don't need to enact new and tougher gun laws, we just need to uphold the ones that are already on the books and establish or uphold mandatory sentancing guidelines for crimes commited with a firearm."

The conversation toned down significantly after that and we got into a discussion of why i bought my first firearm, why i choose to carry a firearm and what type of firearm do i carry. Also i was asked if i had to suggest one gun for home defense purposes that his wife could also handle, what would it be.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-05, 00:29
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I got into a disagreement with a gun grabber today!

Give 'em hell, Poop.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-07, 07:26
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I got into a disagreement with a gun grabber today!

no, thats why he did well he didn't give the guy hell, he engaged them in a logical conversation in order to change the veiws impressed on him by the media.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-07, 15:27
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I got into a disagreement with a gun grabber today!

Which, to a self-righteous neo-liberal who views himself as so very enlightened, especially compared to those knuckle-dragging gun owners, would be the rough equivalent of hell.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-07, 16:08
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I got into a disagreement with a gun grabber today!

There were actually times in the conversation i was thinking about saying "shut the fuck up sissy boy" but in the end it was a good way to pass the time while my car was being worked on. I gave the guy another prospective. In the end I got him to consider atleast a having one firearm for home defense purposes only.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-08, 00:02
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I got into a disagreement with a gun grabber today!

but instead he drove to starbucks and proceeded to get fucked in the ass by his boyfriend in the stock room.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-08, 00:04
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I got into a disagreement with a gun grabber today!

the thing that really bothers me is when girls that are only slight aquaintences (sp?) start telling me hunting and guns are evil, cruel, etc.

i just cant resist telling them fuck off honey your not my girlfriend so i dont need to lie to you about it.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-08, 19:51
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I got into a disagreement with a gun grabber today!

lol well you gotta try to convince them otherwise.

If there is no hope, just move on. =)

It's funny that those who think firearms are evil never complain about your handgun when you have to go pick them up in the middle of cracktown because their car broke down, etc.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-09, 14:58
ubermutant ubermutant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I got into a disagreement with a gun grabber today!

it sounds like you handled the situation well with intelligent conversation.
with luck maybe that guy will tell some of his gun grabbing friends the new point of view he's learned
 #10 
Old 2002-12-09, 16:49
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I got into a disagreement with a gun grabber today!

lol highly unlikely.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-11, 13:47
ubermutant ubermutant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I got into a disagreement with a gun grabber today!

yes unlikely but possible. there are many out there who are open minded. at least now the gun grabber can make a more informed decision regarding firearms.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics