About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-31, 01:21
[RaTm] [RaTm] is offline
Regular
 
Default successful "assault rifle" registrations?

Has anyone out there been able to successfully register a post ban "assault rifle" in california ( such as a bushmaster) after they were banned in 2000(i believe the new law started in 2000) ? I own a bushmaster but it is kept out of state where it is legal, so I was wondering if there was any way i could get it registered and keep it here legally, if I can prove i have owned it before the new law started.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-31, 15:13
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: successful "assault rifle" registrations?

From my understanding it all depends on the county you live in. Supposively orange county the sherif is cool about assualt weapons and signs off for concealed weapons permits, however from my understanding the majority of counties in cali will not.

It sucks you have to keep your rifle out of state. But maybe it's best, atleast until you can relocate out of kalifornia.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-01, 05:43
[RaTm] [RaTm] is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: successful "assault rifle" registrations?

thats true Poop. I think I might just contact my county authorities and if they wont approve me to register it, i'll just keep it outta state. I just hope no other states become as anal toward guns like california did. *sigh*
 #4 
Old 2002-11-01, 21:26
Syntex Syntex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: successful "assault rifle" registrations?

Tennessee is all up dor guns, except for Memphis..


SYNTEX
 #5 
Old 2002-11-02, 06:05
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: successful "assault rifle" registrations?

Well if you can't get a approval, can't relocate and don't want to bring it into your home illegally. Depending on what you have i'd probabaly be intrested in taking it off your hands.

Someone said, poop (john) why so many guns?

I said, "well you can never have too many" plus i suppose i'm a collector at heart.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-02, 07:10
[RaTm] [RaTm] is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: successful "assault rifle" registrations?

pretty soon I'm going to try to register it, and see how that goes. But poop, do serial numbers indicate when a gun was made, because i fear since the gun is fairly new, they might turn me down saying it was bought after a deadline.(?)
 #7 
Old 2002-11-02, 07:16
[RaTm] [RaTm] is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: successful "assault rifle" registrations?

also, has anybody emailed support with a question lately? I emailed them couple days ago with a question but havent heard back.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-15, 01:18
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: successful "assault rifle" registrations?

I live in cali and i am interseted in getting a full auto sometime in the next 3 years. Are you saying that with a class 3 designation and the right stuff for it to be legal to own in one state i wont be able to get it in cali. Oh yeah poop we both live in orange county all be it in two seperate states.

CTR
 #9 
Old 2002-11-15, 17:47
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: successful "assault rifle" registrations?

quote:
But poop, do serial numbers indicate when a gun was made


The serial would have to be ran with the manufacter. Although alot of guns have date codes somewhere on the little fucker. Espically postban firearms.

quote:
I live in cali and i am interseted in getting a full auto sometime in the next 3 years.


From my understanding the state of california does allow for full autos, but no supressors lol. Go figure huh?

Class III designation - If you're refering to becoming a class iii firearms dealer

or simply getting the form four signed off by your sherif? (application to own a nfa firearm / item specific registration, i.e, seargun)

The only problem i see with owning a full auto in cali would be the lack of magazine capacity.

You do know that it is unlawful to possess a magazine that holds more than ten (10) rounds in california? In california there is no such thing as preban. lol fuckin california.

I'd have to give up countless $$$ of my inventory if i ever had to relocate to that state.
 #10 
Old 2002-11-15, 18:01
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: successful "assault rifle" registrations?

When I was out there (95-99) San Bernardino and Riverside counties were the ones to get your ccw through. The Sheriffs in those counties would allow "to protect my self" as a justification for concealed carry.

On TFL there was someone saying that he missed the deadline to register his ar-15 and had no way to legally keep it at his house. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but everyone basically said he was fucked.


On a side note, I'll be in Riverside and Grand Terrace for a little while next month visiting inlaws. Where in Orange county are you from?

[This message has been edited by rlpinca (edited 11-15-2002).]
 #11 
Old 2002-11-16, 22:36
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: successful "assault rifle" registrations?

quote:
Originally posted by rlpinca:
When I was out there (95-99) San Bernardino and Riverside counties were the ones to get your ccw through. The Sheriffs in those counties would allow "to protect my self" as a justification for concealed carry.

Where in Orange county are you from?

[This message has been edited by rlpinca (edited 11-15-2002).]

Thank god, i live i San Bernardino now so thats good, i used to live in Placentia and i will again when i go to college, thats if i go to college in california.

CTR
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics