|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2001-01-24, 20:38
|
|
Regular
|
|
Downey California
|
|
I think someone forgot to mention this..........
Does anybody count the number of lives that are SAVED by guns of course not, suziegirl.
Switzerland has the highest gun ownship in the world. No one dares fucks around with anyone else's property or otherwise. They have the lowest (or definitely one of the lowest)homicide rates in the world. What about England you say? They stab each other now...stupid fucks.
(Damn I envy that country; almost impossible to become a citizen is you're foreign, they sure know their shit)
|
|
#2
 2001-01-31, 01:39
|
|
Regular
|
|
Downey California
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
Well, I don't blame anyone for not answering, it's difficult to argue with facts...lol. 
|
|
#3
 2001-02-09, 21:25
|
SofaKingNO3 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
About 2million lives are save every year not by guns, but law abiding citizens using them in defense of their lives, more often then not without a shot being fired. http://www.pulpless.com/gunclock/index.html
|
|
#4
 2001-03-06, 06:58
|
Zombie X 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
my friends this is a very trouble some topic...however, in the constitution when it gives us the right to bear arms it was pertainting to the times THEY were in which were times of war when people NEEDED guns, can you immagine what life would be like if everyone walked around with guns? kids would be playing with them and dying (even more) ill tempered people would kill everyone left and right and dont even get me started on the postal workers...theres nothing wrong with having a gun, but you need to have and use it resposibly "IF NONE OF US BELEIVE IN WAR THEN CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT THE WEAPON IS FOR?" -OzzY OsBOUrNE
------------------ I'M YOU !
|
|
#5
 2001-04-11, 16:51
|
biot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
make guns a crime only criminals will have guns.
|
|
#6
 2001-04-11, 22:24
|
Frey Grimrod 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
Zombie X you got that more right than most people do but the truth is that the constitution really sais only organised militias who are to protect the populace from the government if it becomes oppressive or from foreighn invaders are allowed the right to bear arms but these people should also be allowed to have assault weapons of the same grade as military to have the constitution instituted the way it was intended but the government is VERY SCARED of groups like this even if they have no plans of trying to put the government in its place the fear the government has of these groups simply causes the government to add more reasons to have these groups on thier tract record.
So in closing Constitution sais Organised militia can have any weapon they need to fight oppression of the people not some dumbfuck who wants a gun to go blow away a target or go do some of this hunting bull shit.
However I personally am quite fond of target shooting.
|
|
#7
 2001-04-11, 23:44
|
eggman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
quote: Originally posted by Zombie X: -SNIP- ...can you immagine what life would be like if everyone walked around with guns? kids would be playing with them and dying (even more) ill tempered people would kill everyone left and right and dont even get me started on the postal workers...
EVERY state which has passed Concealed Carry Laws for Private Citizens has seen a REDUCTION in violent crime. Causes of accidental death in children... Automobiles, Electrocution, Burns, Drowning. Gun accidents are WAY down there right with drowning in 5 Gallon Drywall buckets and suffocation by plastic bags. Egg ------------------ THE Original Eggman http://www.the-eggman.com/
|
|
#8
 2001-04-12, 06:58
|
Tetragramatron 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
Lets get this straight, the second amendment was put in the contitution to protect ourselves from our own government and invading forces... it wasnt for hunting it was to keep our citizens as a last line of defence and to make sure the citizens controlled the government not some fat politition.
|
|
#9
 2001-04-18, 16:36
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
Very true
The 2nd amendment does not say that only the organized militia my have guns, the last clause of the amendment says:
"...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
I don't understand the confusion the whole thing is:
"A well regulated miltia being necessay to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shan not be infringed."
What this says, according to the people who wrote it, is "The Nation needs a military, but citizens can be armed to".
The militia as defined by Thomas Jefferson, is us, we the people. Either way, no matter how one looks at the amendment, then researches what the founders say about it, people have the right to own guns.
It was written in a time after fighting a government they saw as a tyrant. I don't think Britain was half as bad as the current US feds, and now they want to ban your guns. Now more than ever we should be in full support of a such an amendment. To me the cost of armed criminals is not worth being unarmed to fight them, an invading force, or a tyrant government. It's a tradeoff like anything, people just need to quit their bitchin, buy a gun, learn to use it, and hope they neve have to.
A few people are gonna die, big deal, people die everyday. More people are killed by automobiles and the numbers are close with medical accidents. So why aren't we banning cars and doctors? Because neither really help protect your freedom, but instead tie you down.
Cars are damn near a drug, we're all addicted to gasoline. We go through hell when we don't have it and will pay damn near anything for it.
|
|
#10
 2001-04-27, 03:38
|
D.D.S.F.G 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
In Reply mainly to the stupid ozzy freak.. but rather than just him get it I wanted you all to read it. He sugested that if everyone had a gun there would be even more crime. He said the stupid comment about "kids would be playing with them and shooting themselves; or something to this nature. Well dumbass ass that is why we have age limits for owning guns legally, as far as illegally nothing is preventing them from owning them and the situation is still not that bad. If you were to do some reasearch you'd find that the states with the most restrictions on hand guns and firearms have the highest numbers of crime. The states that have few restrictions like Idaho have very few deaths per year. Why is that? Well let me tell ya, would you try to rob a gun store? How about rob a Police station? How many times have you heard of people getting shot at gun shows, or skeet matches? The reason is people are scared to be stupid when they know they dont have a chance. If everybody on the streets has a gun and everybody knew that, nobody would be stupid enough to try robbing someone else for their money or shoes etc. Next off Shitfuck, where does it say anything anywhere in the constitution that says this rule or ammendment will be void when this happens or on this date? It doesn't and it doesn't just say only to militias, its for the people. The forefathers knew this. President Jefferson said "A strong body makes the mind strong,as to the species of exercises, I advise the gun." I am not trying to change anyones mind on to own a gun or not. Personally I dont want anyone to own a gun. For the simple reason is I would able to do as I please. I'd be able to rape your woman, slap your kids when they make a fool of theirselves in the store, walk into stores and just walk back out, walk in and out of house to steal your money, belongings and occasionally force your woman to suck my dick. And what could you do about it, ya going to use a knife, how about a bat, stick? As you can see you're a little outgunned. It may just be that way anyways because those that own guns dont own ammunition and when the stores close you may not be in control of anything anymore.
|
|
#11
 2001-05-09, 07:55
|
Tetragramatron 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
I am sorry if i seem a little off of the topic here but, when did we all become a country of consumers. I mean think about it, the human body wasnt designed to drive a car to a grocery store to get food. We was designed to hunt and kill our own prey so we could survive and the ones who didnt survive wouldent end up in the gene pool so that evolution could continue naturally. When we came out with pre-packaged food and it was easier to get food i think that was the end of natural evolution, and thats why i think we have dumbasses in the world today like the ozzy fucker and all of the people whining that guns arent "Civilized". Well i have some news for you dumb mother fuckers, We arent a Civilized spiecies. We are a race of killers and we will continue to kill unless we evolve a way to draw energy out of the air for us to survive, and develope no emotions. If we get rid of guns we will kill eachother with knives, Spears, or whatever. We need to realize we are more primative than we think.
P.S. Ozzy Ozborne is a dumb druged out freak with only a couple marbles rolling around upstairs so i would rather depend on someone else for quotes.....possibly someone who can talk right.
[This message has been edited by Tetragramatron (edited 05-09-2001).]
|
|
#12
 2001-05-26, 01:55
|
UnclNastyFingerz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
I know I'm new. I know you're a moderator. So I'll say as politely as possible you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
In Switzerland, it is illegal to carry concealed weapons. Each town has an arms warehouse, and it is the law for people to keep a loaded weapon in their house. Pistols are illegal in Switzerland. It's illegal to carry weapons. Period.
England has about 1/10th the murder rate of this fucked up country. They have gun control.
I don't believe that guns should be banned, for people should be able to defend themselves, but they should definately be controlled. Guns save lives, but they also take them. If what you say is true, guns still kill more than they save. Much more.
|
|
#13
 2001-05-29, 21:28
|
m1066ad 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
I have several friends and relatives whom have been beaten or sliced to death. If they'd had a gun, they might still be alive.
|
|
#14
 2001-06-15, 18:32
|
UnclNastyFingerz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
I had a friend that was killed with a gun by licenced gun owner.
|
|
#15
 2001-06-18, 00:38
|
wyrmus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
The answer is simple. Inanimate objects don't have souls therefore can't be good or evil. People can be good or evil. Get rid of the stupid, evil people, no more problem. And no, I don't mean people control! I own weapons and I believe that there useful tools just like any other.
|
|
#16
 2001-06-24, 08:07
|
FeedTheGods 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
Banning guns will not help much. Sure, kids wouldn't be able to reach up in dad's closet and get one, but they would still be available to criminals. They would still be available for anyone looking hard enough. All that banning guns would do is take guns away from the good citizens - take away our defense so that the criminals can take over.
About the second amendment: the Constitution does NOT give citizens the right to bear arms...the Constitution gives citizens the right to form a militia, and members of that militia have the right to bear arms. It was made for protection against enemies (being a vigilante was more common in those days) but it was more-so made for the protection of the citizens rights against our own government. As citizens, if we don't like the way the government is working then we have 3 options: 1) Quit bitching and live with it, 2) Try to vote/petition to change it, or 3) Use our Constitutional right to overthrow the government. This is what the second amendment covers - it gives the militia (that would be overthrowing the government) the right to arm themselves.
To anyone who thinks concealed weapons should be banned, think about 2 things...first, it is proven that states that passed the conceal and carry law have had a dramatic increase in violent crime. One state (I forgot which one) showed the law's effectiveness just the day after the law was passed: The cops were hunting an armed robber that had hit quit a few stores and killed 4 people, and injured another 5. He shot someone (at least one person) at every hit he made. Just a day after the conceal/carry law passed the robber tried to rob a small sporting goods store. He walked in and pulled his gun, pointing it at the arm. Immediatly 4 different customers drew their weapons. When the man lowered the gun to fire at one customer the other 3 each fired a single shot, killing the robber. The police actually rewarded these 4 men.
Second thing to think about: I am for conceal and carry. My friend Bob is not for it. If you were eating lunch in a place where conceal and carry was legal, and a man came in with a gun threatening to rob the place or kill people, who would you rather be eating lunch with - Bob, the "gun control" freak, or me, with my .45 Ruger ACP?
------------------ "Possessed, I feel the conquering will down inside me - Strength, the strength of many to crush who might stop me...." - Mouth for War, Pantera
|
|
#17
 2001-06-28, 04:35
|
penguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
Hey just stoping by... Japan has the least amount homicides in comparision to their population. Japan also has the stricitist gun laws in the whole world. The right to bear arms is purely for militia bassis, the supreme court decided on this in Cases V. United States. Also a concieled weapon fails to pass the tests in United States V. Miller. I would perefer the dude without the gun, If im sitting across the table from you, you pull out a gun, he shoots, and hits me, then i would be pissed at you. Okey, have a good day.
|
|
#18
 2001-07-06, 07:25
|
Cummythecummsperm 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I think someone forgot to mention this..........
HEY DUMBASSES PAY FUCKIN ATTENTION. IN ORDER TO KILL SOMEONE WITH A GUN, A PERSON HAS TO BREAK THE LAW. SO DO U THINK THEY WILL GIVE A FUCK ABOUT A GUN CONTROL LAW?? NO. THEY WILL BREAK THE LAW ANYWAY. AND THEY WILL HIDE THEIR GUNS AND LATER KILL SOMEONE EVEN WITH THE LAW. IT WON'T MATTER TO THEM BECAUSE EVEN WITHOUT THE GUN CONTROL LAW, THEY ARE BREAKING LAW.
OH, AND BY THE WAY. I LIVE IN KANSAS AND HALF MY FAMILY IS FROM ARKANSAS. SO I AM A HUNTER AND STUFF. FUCK U IF U DON'T LIKE GUNS. AND DON'T GIVE ME THIS BULLSHIT ABOUT "U DON'T HAVE TO HUNT IN ORDER TO SURVIVE." BECAUSE U DONT HAVE TO EAT BEEF TO SURVIVE U DON'T HAVE TO COMB HAIR TO SURVIVE U DON'T HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL TO SURVIVE U DON'T HAVE TO KISS GOV. ASS TO SURVIVE U DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THIS GOD DAMN COMPUTER TO SURVIVE U DON'T HAVE TO BRUSH TEETH TO SURVIVE U DON'T HAVE TO PLAY NINTENDO OR COOL COMPUTER GAMES TO SURVIVE U DON'T HAVE TO JACK OFF TO SURVIVE ETC...... =D
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|