About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Anime
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anime This forum is for the discussion of Anime, Manga, Hentai, Cosplay, anything related to Anime or Japanese subculture.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-20, 01:49
stormybaka stormybaka is offline
Regular
 
Default Manga..

Reading Ceres at the moment and have been a reading alot of manga lately.
Was curious if anyone else reads manga and who would be their fave artist at current?
Mine are:
Ranma 1/2, Fushigi Yugi, Maison Ikkoku, Chobits, MKR, Angel Sanctuary, Utena.

Rumiko Takahashi, Kaori Yuki, Yu Watase, Clamp.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-20, 13:53
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Manga..

Akira Toriyama - Dragon Ball Vol. 1
Akira Toriyama - Short Never Released Stories Vol. 1
 #3 
Old 2002-12-20, 16:19
Kente Kente is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Manga..

I have read quite a lot of manga, but there is one clear winner when it comes to the best.

This is "I's" by Masakazu Katsura. Same guy that does Video Girl Ai and Shadow Lady, though that's beside the point. I'd have to give him my nomination for best artist. That said, his art isn't anything spectacular, but his storytelling ability is beyond anything else I've seen. If you haven't read I's, I sincerely reccomend it.

Other manga of interest though-
Maison Ikkoku, like you said.
Chobits, also on your list.
Love Hina, my personal favourite series ever, by Ken Akamatsu
No need for Tenchi, just for it's sheer unpredictability, by Hitoshi Okuda
Mahoromatic, because Mahoro is just so cute.(Can't remember who drew this, unfortunately.)
Hanaukyo Maids Tai, because it mixes comedy with boobs. Hooray.(Same here, sadly)

I could go on, but I think I've prattled enough. Plus, I think there's too much of a pattern here that might allow others to discern far too much about my personality.

*Starts reading DNA2*
 #4 
Old 2002-12-21, 02:10
stormybaka stormybaka is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Manga..

Love Hina and Tenchi are good. So is Oh My Goddess, Cowboy Bebop, NGE well there are quite alot of good manga available...
 #5 
Old 2002-12-21, 08:30
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Manga..

U-Jin owns
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics