About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Anime
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anime This forum is for the discussion of Anime, Manga, Hentai, Cosplay, anything related to Anime or Japanese subculture.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-18, 14:22
Regular
 
Default What should I buy?

What series should I buy next? I was thinking either Trigun, Hellsing,or Samurai X (Kenshin). Anyone have any other suggestions of good series/ movies?
 #2 
Old 2002-11-18, 17:31
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What should I buy?

Cowboy Bebop (if you don't have it allready). It owns all other anime.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-18, 18:48
Kente Kente is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What should I buy?

Depends on what you like. Personally, my next purchases are likely to be Love Hina and I, My, Me! Strawberry Eggs. Those are probably too cutsey and sugary for your seemingly action packed taste.

0ut of your current list though, I'd say Trigun is the best.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-19, 01:41
stormybaka stormybaka is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What should I buy?

For your taste what XeNo said and maybe Orphen, Beserk or Shadow Skill...Not too sure if anyone would agree but The Irresponsible Captain Tylor is somewhat similar to Trigun except it's in space...Anyone of these would be cool...
 #5 
Old 2002-11-19, 02:34
Disappear Disappear is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What should I buy?

Out of those 3 I would go with Trigun. Berserk is great, but I reckon the ending was kinda dumb.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-19, 06:05
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What should I buy?

None, spend them on blank cd's and computer upgrades, download your anime.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-22, 01:03
Regular
 
Default Re: What should I buy?

I don't have a computer that works at the moment, and it doesn't look as if I will, for a while anyway. I have to use a friends computer to get on so it makes things of that sort rather difficult, otherwise I would have done that. (I like the special features some of the DVDs have anyway.)
 #8 
Old 2002-11-22, 03:10
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What should I buy?

In that case which Kenshin are you talking about? there's the real thing around 90something eps (So scratch that off the buying list)

Helling was good but only 13 eps, but still affordible

Trigun never looked good at all to me, but iv never saw it.

Go with Hellsing being its the only one out of those that iv seen.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-22, 05:51
TOWCHBob TOWCHBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What should I buy?

I think he is talking about buying the OVAs. There are only about 6 of them.

[This message has been edited by TOWCHBob (edited 11-22-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-11-25, 02:59
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What should I buy?

I would say Trigun all the way, it's an awsome series.

-GreaterEvil
 #11 
Old 2002-11-26, 01:45
Regular
 
Default Re: What should I buy?

Trigun is awesome, but I think I'm leaning towards Hellsing, I havn't seen it yet. I'm still open to others that were not listed too if anyone has any ideas.
 #12 
Old 2002-11-26, 12:33
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: What should I buy?

Trigun.
 #13 
Old 2002-11-29, 19:04
SyntaX ErroR SyntaX ErroR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What should I buy?

quote:
Originally posted by DuctTape20:
I don't have a computer that works at the moment...


no computer, eh.. Apparently you went back to the old way of posting manually... those were the good old days... had to walk 60 miles to school uphill both ways, just to get home to receive beatings for hours until it was time to go to sleep, then we had to wake up at least an hour before we went to bed.. definitely the good old days.... we could go to the corner shop and buy and handful of 10 gigabyte flash memory cards for a nickel!! Brings back such fond memories...



[This message has been edited by SyntaX ErroR (edited 11-29-2002).]
 #14 
Old 2002-12-06, 22:09
Regular
 
Default Re: What should I buy?

I bought the first six episodes of Hellsing. It's pretty good thus far. I think that I'll continue to invest in it.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-07, 17:49
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: What should I buy?

Make sure you at least get the next episode.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics