|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Anime This forum is for the discussion of Anime, Manga, Hentai, Cosplay, anything related to Anime or Japanese subculture. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-11-09, 21:19
|
AKO 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Akira: Live remake
You may already know, but they are apparently making a live version of Akira. Apparently by the same director as Blade.
Im not sure, but i know another Anime film was being re-made to a live version. I think it was ninja scroll. GREAT!
|
|
#2
 2002-11-10, 02:40
|
|
|
Re: Akira: Live remake
no! say it aint so, say it aint so! unless they got Tsukamoto the guy who did tetsuo the ironman, bodyhammer and tokyo fist to do the film i think it will be awful. the sheer scale of the film will be lost, i think the storyline will have to be dummbed down by warnerbrothers to cater for the wider audience and lets be honest one of the most alureing things about Akira is the seamless beutifull animation. i have never seen a live action motion picture that gave me the same exzilliration(sp?) as the bike chase at the begining between kaneas squad and the clowns. but saying that i thought lord of the rings was going to be awful and it turned out to be one of my favorite films (after Akira of course  ). i guess time will tell.
|
|
#3
 2002-11-10, 07:39
|
ChibiMiko 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Akira: Live remake
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Serouisly no good can come from this, and did anyone else hear that there gona make a real action movie of DBZ, scary....
|
|
#4
 2002-11-10, 08:36
|
XeNobiTe 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Akira: Live remake
http://members.aol.com/hansoloboy/DBZ.html
|
|
#5
 2002-11-10, 08:43
|
AKO 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Akira: Live remake
Havent they aleady made a live version of DBZ?
I thought i read it somewhere.... I didnt pay much attention though, as im not too interested in DBZ. So im probably wrong.
|
|
#6
 2002-11-10, 19:37
|
r0k 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Akira: Live remake
*shudders* what if the actors were AMERICAN *shudders again*
|
|
#7
 2002-11-10, 21:00
|
XeNobiTe 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Akira: Live remake
"Kevin's a little different than most Super Saiyans. When he goes Super Saiyan, instead of his hair becoming all golden and his eyes turning green, his stomach expands to twice its original size and busts out of his shirt. It is for this reason that Kevin was chosen to play Gohan, the bitchiest Saiyan of them all. For the purposes of this film, Gohan will be eaten by Cell when he is still in his first form."
|
|
#8
 2002-11-10, 22:08
|
TribalMunkey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Akira: Live remake
I actually watched the first 5 mins of the DBZ live action movie, because thats all I could stomach (Guess I'm not a real fan). Maybe because it was just DragonBall without the Z, but I thought I really loved the cartoon series.... My bro actually sat and watched the whole thing said besides being extremely corny, it was hilarious. Master Roshi actually was a lot like he is in the toon (You know all girl crazy and stuff). I think if they gave it another decade or so to let the special effects catch up, and broke it down into more than one movie they might make something decent. What can you really get out of 2-3hr show anyway?. As for now I would have to stick to the cartoons, anyone hear about the superman movie? They plan on making Lex Luthor an alien what crap! Not that I'm a fan of Superman or anything.
|
|
#9
 2002-11-11, 07:41
|
XeNobiTe 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Akira: Live remake
In Dragon Ball the live movie, the dude that plays Goku looks like Zok. I have that movie lying around here somewhere. I'll make some screenshots later.
|
|
#10
 2002-11-29, 19:20
|
SyntaX ErroR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Akira: Live remake
HELL NO!!! What the HELL!!!! WTF?!?! NOOOO They cant do that!! I cant download a fucking song without the RIAA bitching at me but some moron can come and ruin Akira?!!?! I liked Blade 2... But still... This is horrible.. Its gonna be like Street Fighter: the live remake or Mario Bros. This is a nightmare....
|
|
#11
 2002-12-01, 02:28
|
|
|
Re: Akira: Live remake
super mario brothers was the coolest movie. not to mention one of the best movies to watch baked. i would see a live remake of akira...i'd rather just see the original at a theater though.
|
|
#12
 2002-12-01, 07:03
|
ChibiMiko 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Akira: Live remake
ya, love that part where the dude turns into a kupa.
|
|
#13
 2002-12-12, 01:28
|
chiqutia 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Akira: Live remake
0_o
ok, it was a good Anime, but I can't see it as a real movie...erm..*cough*
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|