About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Anime
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anime This forum is for the discussion of Anime, Manga, Hentai, Cosplay, anything related to Anime or Japanese subculture.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-06, 11:42
Godfuck Godfuck is offline
Regular
 
Default For the few DB fans: what do you think of GT?

I know I'll get flamed hardcore for posting this, but...what the hell...Don't you think it's odd how they capped of such a famous series in such a shitty way? I mean, i admit dragon ball isn't the exactly the deepest, thought provoking show/manga. It's pretty much a soap opera for 12 yr old boys, basically...but damn, they really pissed on it...toriyama had nothing to do with the story, it came on like 1 month after DBZ ended its long run, and for being the end of a series that ran some 20 odd years it was a very abrupt ending at that...it's like they made it to sell video games or something...does anybody else think it's really odd akira toriyama allowed this cash in, considering he had more money than god to begin with?

[This message has been edited by Godfuck (edited 10-06-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-10-06, 13:31
thewhacker thewhacker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: For the few DB fans: what do you think of GT?

My answer

"Cuz she's asian"

Anyway DBGT did suck. I saw the episodes in spanish and they still sucked.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-06, 16:40
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: For the few DB fans: what do you think of GT?

Akira toriyama was getting quite tired of doing DB, and he wanted to stop (DBZ was supposed to stop at the death of furiza!). I think he did some of the character design for DBGT but that was it. He just wanted to move on. Im sure he was pretty tired after DB, DBZ, 4 tv specials, and 15 OAV movies!

I thought that SSJ4 was just plain stupid.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-07, 07:36
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: For the few DB fans: what do you think of GT?

I liked the super 17 saga. It was short but sweet.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-14, 15:04
thewhacker thewhacker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: For the few DB fans: what do you think of GT?

And why didnt Goku just DIE GOD DAMN IT KILL THE BASTARD!!! KIL HIM.

And there is alwats some odd and twited way that everyone ends up happy in the end.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-31, 10:04
stormybaka stormybaka is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: For the few DB fans: what do you think of GT?

I won't worry about correcting your spelling and I guess not everyone ends up happy in DB; the bad guys don't seem happy...lol
 #7 
Old 2002-10-31, 11:32
r0k r0k is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: For the few DB fans: what do you think of GT?

its just so addicting i mean dragonball z is so addicting its like they have subliminal messages in it ive already seen it in a japanese and i still watch it on cartoon network i just cant quit o think i need drbz rehab or sumethin but like xenobite says the first 50 episodes of regular dragonball are the best
 #8 
Old 2002-11-16, 20:16
OniOuji OniOuji is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: For the few DB fans: what do you think of GT?

The Db,Z,GT movies are alot better than the series espeicaly the american version
 #9 
Old 2002-12-09, 01:12
A-F Army A-F Army is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: For the few DB fans: what do you think of GT?

quote:
Originally posted by r0k:
its just so addicting i mean dragonball z is so addicting its like they have subliminal messages in it ive already seen it in a japanese and i still watch it on cartoon network i just cant quit o think i need drbz rehab or sumethin but like xenobite says the first 50 episodes of regular dragonball are the best


Very true....
 #10 
Old 2002-12-20, 19:55
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: For the few DB fans: what do you think of GT?

Admittedly I've only seen 3 episodes of Dragonball Z. But, I loved the original series. From what I've heard about Dragonball Z, I don't see how it could possibly be any better than GT. GT was fun, it was playful, and interesting - perhaps it wasn't as well done as Dragonball, but hey, it beats these 20 episode long battles against guys from other planets that we've never met before.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-20, 21:53
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: For the few DB fans: what do you think of GT?

I think the movies are the best. Short easy plots and plenty of fighting without the bullshit training and what not.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-23, 06:45
lucky20 lucky20 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: For the few DB fans: what do you think of GT?

I mean, how much power can one super being have? I mean, Vegeta in the early DBZ series destroyed one planet by raising his finger! How much energy and radiation can the Earth take?
 #13 
Old 2002-12-31, 05:04
Certijal Certijal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: For the few DB fans: what do you think of GT?

I liked DB and DBZ but after that, things got lame.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics