About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Anime
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anime This forum is for the discussion of Anime, Manga, Hentai, Cosplay, anything related to Anime or Japanese subculture.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-02-14, 17:50
Sun Wu Kong Sun Wu Kong is offline
Regular
 
Default Weirdest Anime: Titles and Sources?

I was bowled over by the craziness of the "Wandering Kid" series, but it seems like most other anime is rather tame, not too weird and unengaging. Likewise, I enjoyed AKIRA. Otherwise, this is a new area for me.

I got a DVD for Solstice. Can anyone tell me what the weirdest, wildest and most thought-provoking anime is? Space opera makes me yawn. What's the stuff that pushes the envelope? What weirds you out? And where can I get it?
 #2 
Old 2001-02-19, 04:10
Nicky_Little Nicky_Little is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weirdest Anime: Titles and Sources?

Well I don't know about weirding you out but some other stuff you might like is The Professional Golgo 13, Riding Bean and Ninja Scroll. Nightmare Campus and Urisokidoju (sp) were ok but kinda spin out of control toward the end. And they have just a tad too many sex scenes. I can remember watching an epp of Nightmare Campus looking at my watch thinking 'only 5 minutes left, don't start having sex, I want to know what happened to that other guy' It was the same thing with The Professional 2, too much sex getting in the way of the plot.
 #3 
Old 2001-02-26, 01:07
Regular
 
Default Re: Weirdest Anime: Titles and Sources?

Serial Experiments: Lain


that series is whacked. but you can only really understand it if you are able to look from another person's perspective.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics