About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Anime
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anime This forum is for the discussion of Anime, Manga, Hentai, Cosplay, anything related to Anime or Japanese subculture.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-08-25, 19:31
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Anime site

I'm thinking of making an anime site..

So, I need all your input.
If you wanted one ultimate site about anime, what features would it have, and why?..

Also, name me an anime series or movie you liked and tell me why.
 #2 
Old 2000-08-26, 08:40
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

gundam wing, armitage, tank police, aeon flux.
 #3 
Old 2000-08-26, 22:03
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

you didn't say why you liked them
 #4 
Old 2000-08-26, 23:22
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

AKIRA!!!

You MUST put akira on there. that is my favorite anime!

it is the best cyberpunk plot that i have ever seen. the animation is some of the best out there. i can go on and on.
 #5 
Old 2000-08-26, 23:41
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

Violence, sex and violence, violence, sex and violence.
 #6 
Old 2000-08-27, 07:20
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

I'm seeing a common theme here alan..

Seriously, if I was gonna put up a site, and I'm really thinking about it, I'd want reviews of as many anime things as I can get, so if any of you are interested, just post one here or whatever, and I'll let you know when it goes up.
 #7 
Old 2000-08-29, 03:55
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

heavy metal 2000, reason sex and violence, clockwork orange meets titan ae.
 #8 
Old 2000-08-29, 06:10
Evil_Mastermind Evil_Mastermind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

links to the official sites of anime.. if any. have links to official sites
 #9 
Old 2000-08-29, 16:10
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

what "official sites" do you mean??????
 #10 
Old 2000-09-08, 09:27
Drizzt Drizzt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

Suzzi, I'm an artist of 25 yrs now. Would you post some of my Anime work on your site? I need all the exposure i can get. Thanks.

Drizzt alias:Artman
 #11 
Old 2000-09-08, 14:13
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

I don't HAVE an anime site yet, I'm just thinking about it..

Maybe I would consider posting artwork, but I dunno, I'd have to see it first
 #12 
Old 2000-09-22, 06:48
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

Ghost in the Shell:

Everytime i watch it, it make me think about our existance and our reality. There are many themes that i feel will come into play in the so called future. Plus the animation is really good.
 #13 
Old 2000-09-30, 12:53
krazd krazd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

fists of the north star and ninja scroll are my favs
 #14 
Old 2000-10-01, 16:41
ranma_saotome ranma_saotome is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

i have a great web anime site with massage boards, chat rooms, you can get an e-mail adress at my site, seach the web, ect
 #15 
Old 2000-10-01, 16:52
ranma_saotome ranma_saotome is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

oh and the url is www.crosswinds.net/~tamahome02/
 #16 
Old 2000-10-02, 07:19
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

I recenly became addicted to tenchi.
 #17 
Old 2000-10-02, 18:08
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

Watching it on Cartoon Network? I like tenchi, although Tenchi in Tokyo was kinda boring at times and not as good as the earlier series
 #18 
Old 2000-10-12, 00:01
Dye Dye is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

I agree with Soullace with 'Ghost in the Shell' and for more or less the same reasons.
My favourate has to be 'Devil Man'. It's real funky. Lots of violence and stuff.
Oh yeah! No-one has mentioned 'Urotsukidoji', which is good, but it looses the plot towards the end of the series.
Good luck with the site.
 #19 
Old 2000-10-25, 22:41
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Anime site

Ninja Scroll rockz big tyme, and as for Akira, pretty good, but the ending was a little..*shakes hand sideways*. Ghost in shell was good, it has a lotta story though. So for storyline with an equal mixture of action, you can't go wrong w/ Ninja Scroll!
 #20 
Old 2000-10-26, 21:54
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Anime site

Can't go wrong w/ Dragon Ball Z, everyone eats that up like chocolate. Also, you could put a banner exchange ad or become an affiliate to where they could buy anime products and make some money in the process.

There's a kajillion ways to make money on the net and I know a lot of them, just have to get a comp of my own first.

 #21 
Old 2000-10-26, 23:50
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

i am completely set as far as DBZ goes.

i have EVERY episode.

the first series, back when Goku was a little kid. i have from then, to the frieza saga. then the garlic Jr. saga. now the android/cell saga. i don't know what is next cause i haven't been watching them too often. they are all in REAL format in 14 cd's. they are all subtitled.

what's even better is that i have 19 movies too.
 #22 
Old 2000-11-30, 06:47
neopagan neopagan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anime site

That Racecar driver who passes through 'im self was/is a well done peice of anime. I got cought steeling an American flag from a fire department with someone namelike Suizy.
P.S. I wear sunglasses and sit in the dark when at a skrying box(computer). Feels easyer on the brain just behind the eyes some where within the retinal fetish. Feeling Fishy?

------------------
<-Evol<Chum<-

[This message has been edited by neopagan (edited 11-30-2000).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics