|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| DIY Do It Yourself! Advice on how to make beer, plant a garden, use power tools, record music, and build things yourself. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2003-02-02, 04:27
|
NewRage 
Regular
|
|
|
|
A few lock picking questions
How many pins are there in a usual front door? I was trying to pick mine today, and when I was releasing the tension wrench I coulda sworn that I heard 5 pins falling back into place, but I hadn't actually unlocked the door. So I was wondering if there a more than I thought, or if I'm just a fucking retard and didn't push hard enough.
Also has anyone bought a Brink padlock and been able to open it? I have 2 Brink and about 5 Master locks. The master locks are just jokes. On average about 10 secs to get them open. I was in Walmart and saw a Master lock with "5 added security devices to be pick-proof" took me about 1 min to get it the 1st time. But I haven't been able to get the Brink ones open. One of my main problems is the pick gets stuck. They have a very low hanging pin in the front then one up a bit, and then an even lower hainging one, so I always end up getting it stuck and have to pull out the tension wrench to get the pick back. Any advice?
/\/e\/\/R/\ge
|
|
#2
 2003-02-02, 09:14
|
Das Troll 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: A few lock picking questions
most doors have 5 pin tumblers. also what kind of picks are u using. i generaly use a twisted tension wrench with a small rake on 4 pin locks. locks are worthless i think to the average catburgler. and maybe the problem is u pushed too hard on the 5 pin tumbelers making the pins miss the sheer line. better made locks have a more sensitive sheer line.
|
|
#3
 2003-02-12, 02:31
|
pakiplayer421 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: A few lock picking questions
What type of tention wrench is good to use. is it the one that looks like a y.
HOw do you pick combination locks.
|
|
#4
 2003-02-12, 04:04
|
bosco_the_clown 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: A few lock picking questions
quote: Originally posted by pakiplayer421:
HOw do you pick combination locks.
arnt those the locks on your school locker? if so you need a stethascope(sp)
|
|
#5
 2003-02-12, 04:53
|
Das Troll 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: A few lock picking questions
tension wrenches look like a L. basic ones do anyway. and that whole stethascope thing ive never seen done. just order a shim set and open it that way. shim sets are butterfly type deals that are stiff steel. the finger that holds the locking bar in place can be pushed in with these devices and then u pull the locking bar and unlock the combo lock. its so much quicker than actualy using the combonation. u can order a set from www.southord.com. ive used them they work wonders.
|
|
#6
 2003-02-12, 16:52
|
jackallen 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: A few lock picking questions
quote: Originally posted by Das Troll: tension wrenches look like a L. basic ones do anyway. and that whole stethascope thing ive never seen done. just order a shim set and open it that way. shim sets are butterfly type deals that are stiff steel. the finger that holds the locking bar in place can be pushed in with these devices and then u pull the locking bar and unlock the combo lock. its so much quicker than actualy using the combonation. u can order a set from www.southord.com. ive used them they work wonders.
www.ThePickShop.com has them cheaper... 
|
|
#7
 2003-02-12, 17:40
|
Green_Giant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: A few lock picking questions
whore.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|