About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > DIY
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DIY Do It Yourself! Advice on how to make beer, plant a garden, use power tools, record music, and build things yourself.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-10, 01:50
girlzlover7 girlzlover7 is offline
Regular
 
Default how to make liquid napalm

I need a recipe for napalm that is liquidy

I made napalm 2 times with the common styrofoam and gasoline method but it is always like a thick glob of gel I used lawn mower gasoline to make it does that make a difference

I always added the styrofoam till it wouldnt eat anymore like it says

 #2 
Old 2002-11-10, 01:59
Dion Dion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how to make liquid napalm

Try easing off of the styrofoam. More gasoline.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-10, 02:27
girlzlover7 girlzlover7 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how to make liquid napalm

then the melted styrofoam just floats around in it though

it doesnt turn brown licke the files say either I used white styrofoam on one attempt and it turned yellow and insulation polyesterine sheets that are pink which made the napalm pink

it burned quit well but it wasnt liquid at all it would always float at the top so I would use styrofoam to push it down and it just kept making a bigger and bigger blob untill no more gasoline was visible
 #4 
Old 2002-11-11, 20:45
kingenrage kingenrage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how to make liquid napalm

isnt some kind of soap better?
 #5 
Old 2002-11-11, 22:18
Dion Dion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how to make liquid napalm

Perhaps stronger gasoline? Disel?
 #6 
Old 2002-11-12, 16:15
Askr Askr is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how to make liquid napalm

You expected styrofoam and gasoline to be exactly like the real thing? Its a weak substitute at best... Think a little man, it's not the exact recipe you're dealing with here.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-12, 18:23
girlzlover7 girlzlover7 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how to make liquid napalm

I know but the files all say if you use less it will be more liquid and if you add more it gets thicker

I need something that makes really liquid napalm like the consistency of maple syrup anyone know a recipe for that
 #8 
Old 2002-11-12, 18:53
vinman56 vinman56 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how to make liquid napalm

there are 2 types of napalm officially used by the guvernment 1 I complicated highly hazardous one, and a second less hazardous one, 33.3% gasoline, 33.3% polysterene and 33.3% benzene, (I beieve styrafoam is more or less polysterene (alot of plastics are, but the take longer to be dissolved)). So essentially you are making 1/2 gasoline and 1/2 polysterene. definantly a weak substitute.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-12, 22:38
girlzlover7 girlzlover7 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how to make liquid napalm

I used pure polyesterene with pink color it was those pink Isolation sheets and the stuff melted quickly but just floated around

do I have to let the stuff sit for several days for it to dissolve or something
 #10 
Old 2002-11-13, 07:28
Dion Dion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how to make liquid napalm

You expected results immediately? Where the hell did you get your instructions?
 #11 
Old 2002-11-13, 20:38
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how to make liquid napalm

first, you mix 28 percent sodium chloride, and about 39 percent h2o, and boil it until it becomes thick. it is actually a napalm/explosive. it is called salt water. upon ignition, it burns for 23 seconds, and detonates into a huge fireball.

[This message has been edited by NickSG (edited 11-13-2002).]
 #12 
Old 2002-11-13, 22:38
girlzlover7 girlzlover7 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how to make liquid napalm

doesnt sodium chloride start burning when it comes in contact with water

thats not cool if I hadnt read the forum I could have seriously injured myself I expected better from you
 #13 
Old 2002-11-13, 23:20
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how to make liquid napalm

no, i am 100 percent sure sodium chloride and h2o do not burst into flame.
 #14 
Old 2002-11-14, 22:16
SeerLost SeerLost is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how to make liquid napalm

there is a lot of shit you can use with the gas, frozen oj consentrate(?), egg whites, liquid rubber (like sap from a rubber tree), powdered soap. generly just start throwing shit in some gas, chlorine excluded
 #15 
Old 2002-11-15, 16:43
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: how to make liquid napalm

i suggest you experiment with diffrent thickeners other then styrofoam possibly some sort of gelly based product i am unsure if jello ... (i know its lame) would thicken gas but i guess it is worth a try but my fear is that the gas will just destroy the gelly propertrys i have though about lots of difffrent stuff while typign this post and basically any thickening agent will work to produce a napalm substance but ... i do not know if it would be the desired effects try experimenting with diffrent solvents and flamible liquids on a small scale and see what will and will not dissolve in them ..
 #16 
Old 2002-11-23, 17:05
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how to make liquid napalm

Vaseline might work. If you can mix it to the right consistancy.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics