About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > DIY
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DIY Do It Yourself! Advice on how to make beer, plant a garden, use power tools, record music, and build things yourself.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-10, 03:32
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default Stonecutting?

How does one go about stonecutting? I want to carve my own pipe out of this big rock i found..but i have no idea how. and yes, I know i can just buy a pipe, but its be cool to have one that I made..
 #2 
Old 2002-08-10, 05:54
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Stonecutting?

I have a grinder, and some mansonry disks that make short work of rocks, also you can drill the rock to make the bowl/chamber (might need a special drill bit I'm not sure)

EDIT: Try asking at a hardware store

[This message has been edited by ScorchedWeasel (edited 08-10-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-08-13, 05:28
Dwarven_Commando Dwarven_Commando is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Stonecutting?

Depends on the kind of rock. If you can get a bit more detailed. Regardless you'll need masonry tools at least. A dremel would be helpful.
 #4 
Old 2002-08-16, 19:50
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Stonecutting?

just buying a pipe would be awhole lot easyer
 #5 
Old 2002-08-16, 22:54
cyko_675 cyko_675 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Stonecutting?

indeed
 #6 
Old 2002-08-19, 05:46
k devil k devil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Stonecutting?

Stone cutting takes a lotta time even for soft stones (I have made a few cones out of soap stone)hears some stuff your going to need a dremmal drill, dimond tiped drills, dimond tip scriber ect. If you do make your pipe and you take it to party's keep an eye on it because shit like that tend to get stolen,I'v learnt this the hard way. I hope you don't whant to make it out of jaspor or some really hard stone because it will take a lot of sweat and blood but its well worth it
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics