About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > DIY
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DIY Do It Yourself! Advice on how to make beer, plant a garden, use power tools, record music, and build things yourself.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-22, 00:55
BiteMeProbation BiteMeProbation is offline
Regular
 
Default Home made booze

I've heard that you can make alcohol out many different kinds of fruits (like apples, grapes, and grapefruit)combinded with water, yeast and sugar. However, I don't have clue about how much of what should be used or about how long it takes. Please share any recipes you might have.
 #2 
Old 2002-02-22, 11:29
gun-nut gun-nut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Home made booze

i think it is far too risky, the wine you made might not be suitable to drink....
 #3 
Old 2002-02-22, 18:57
Mordant Carnival Mordant Carnival is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Home made booze

Yep, you can make wine out of just about anything fermentable- I've hade vino made from orange peel, raisins, flowerheads, all kinds of stuff.

This website is pretty comprehensive, or you could just buy a kit from a DIY store.

'Course, if you're underage, you might have some trouble getting the equiptment, in which case some "home science project" type books might come in handy. Purely for educational purposes, of course.
 #4 
Old 2002-02-28, 22:13
Schwabe The Zer0 Schwabe The Zer0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Home made booze

it takes a damn long time though

but lol, my parents made some potato wine... its strong (they dont even drink...they have about a beer a month)
 #5 
Old 2002-03-04, 19:31
raverdude56001 raverdude56001 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Home made booze

you could just ferment some alchohol for a week or two and then just distill it down and you should have some pretty strong shit.
 #6 
Old 2002-03-11, 17:36
Doom Doom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Home made booze

The easier type of alcohol in my opinion is cider and it's fast. I'm the impatient typr and prefer not to wait three months to enjoy my booze. Anyway the recipe I use is 1 gallon of apple juice, 1 cup of sugar, 1 packet of champagne yeast, and some cinnamon and nutmeg mixed in. First mx the apple juice and sugar in a pot. Then oil it for about ten minutes. Then, funnel it into a sanitized container (SANITZING is very importance, more homebrews are ruined through not doing this than anything else)- I used a teaspoon of bleach for this. Then add the yeast, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cover and leave in a warm, dark place for 7-10 days. Open and drink.
 #7 
Old 2002-04-06, 10:41
Silent_Smoker Silent_Smoker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Home made booze

Hey doom thanks for the recipe im puting that in my personal anarchist's cook book.
Can you use regular yeast or does it have to be champage?
 #8 
Old 2002-04-14, 10:01
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Home made booze

I don't get it. On all the files on TOTS, it doesn't mention a thing about yeast.

Would this work?
Right now, I have a can of corn and water in a container. Will this make booze?
 #9 
Old 2002-05-12, 20:01
Burnout Burnout is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Home made booze

Heh, I think that would just make moldy corny water. I don't ever make homemade booze.. but I think yeast is a pretty important factor.

Burnout
 #10 
Old 2002-05-17, 05:14
whitespider whitespider is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Home made booze

yeah, yeast is important. it also has to be room temp, and a bunch of other things. i did some research a while back, and it's pretty hard to find stuff on the net about makin 'shine.. lots on beer though. the problem with distilling is if you don't do it properly, you're gonna get some methanol and it'll turn you blind or worse.
good luck
need any real help e-mail me
 #11 
Old 2002-05-21, 18:36
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Home made booze

quote:
Originally posted by Burnout:
Heh, I think that would just make moldy corny water. I don't ever make homemade booze.. but I think yeast is a pretty important factor.

Burnout



I just checked up on it yesterday and there's all this brownish mold floating in it and it smells horrible!

I took a sip and died... Oh wait. That's not what happened, i threw it out, thanks.

I read in the Jail Booze in Better Living Through Chem. that it needs to be air tight for the fermenting process to work. Thanks all

 #12 
Old 2002-05-28, 18:55
MagKnightX MagKnightX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Home made booze

My dad used to homebrew beer, and I watched. So, I know the recipes.

But, it's very complicated.

Just take some grapes and put them in a blender, then remove the pulp, add some yeastwater and some sugar, and you should have some (crap) wine.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics