About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > DIY
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DIY Do It Yourself! Advice on how to make beer, plant a garden, use power tools, record music, and build things yourself.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-08-30, 04:53
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Soap for Suzie

Here's a glycerin soap recepie in responce to your request and the bitching of someone about boiling animal fat even though I clearly told you all that it depends on the type of soap. But did you listen? NO! You never listen to me! No one ever does. I'm almost always right, too. You'd think people would get the idea that When I say something, it means it's correct. I mean, Jeebus! I never say much at all so you'd imagine that when I do it's important. Anyway, here's your damn soap.


KOOL AID SOAP

12 oz olive oil, shortening, and/or coconut oil
4 oz castor oil
2.1 oz lye
4 oz water
8 oz glycerine
2 oz heavy sugar syrup (3 parts sugar to one part boiling water)

Mix lye solution, add to oils, add glycerine syrup at trace. Allow to set up for several days or longer, freeze, and grate. Dissolve 2 packets Cherry or your choice of color/flavor kool aid in 12 oz rubbing alcohol. Add grated soap and heat gently. Heat this and stir till all the soap is dissolved, then keep stirring faily constantly on low heat till eventualy it got to where it skinned over when cooled slightly. Then add 2 dozen drops of your choice of FO or EO. Pour into molds and let set until firm enought to cut or unmold. This may take several days. Let cure several weeks and test Ph when it is able 8 or less it is ready to use.


But forget this trash. I just found www.soapteacher.com with all sorts of info. Even on selling your own soap!
 #2 
Old 2000-08-30, 05:29
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Soap for Suzie

exuse me if I dont like to deal with lye it leaves nasty chemical burns.
 #3 
Old 2000-08-31, 01:29
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Soap for Suzie

Only if you touch it.

And I was talking about fat.
 #4 
Old 2000-09-04, 17:44
The Real The Real is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Soap for Suzie

How much of a pH less than 8? Lye is strong base, most oils are basic, alcohol is a base as is sugar. Not sure about glycerine or coolaid. I would expect a pH of higher than 8 actually.
 #5 
Old 2000-09-04, 22:30
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Soap for Suzie

I had a thought.. I went and looked at the page about soap, and they don't tell you how to make it from scratch, mostly they use soap bases, but heres the thing.. say everyone made their own soap and there was no soap industry, there would still be an industry selling the stuff you need to make soap, things like moulds and perfume and color and soap base or lye and oils etc.. it's a no win situation
 #6 
Old 2000-09-05, 03:15
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Soap for Suzie

I don't know about that, Real. I just "copy and pasted" it.

Suzie, the point was not to bring down the entire market but to take out a single industry. The only way to do what you're saying is communism. Pinko!
 #7 
Old 2000-09-05, 18:28
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Soap for Suzie

any particular reason why you singled out the soap industry as your target?
 #8 
Old 2000-09-05, 21:34
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Soap for Suzie

Red star, communism works in theroy like any other government but people are power greedy and it becomes more of a dictarship. hehe dictater.
 #9 
Old 2000-09-06, 02:06
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Soap for Suzie

Do you even know what you're talking about? How can you have a free market system with community ownership of property?

Suzie, it was just the first thing that came to mind and was simple enough to theorize over.
 #10 
Old 2000-09-07, 00:45
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Soap for Suzie

ahh so you weren't trying to foil the evil soap barons in particular.. just evil barons in general
 #11 
Old 2000-09-19, 20:42
alpha alpha is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Soap for Suzie

Suzie:
I think that if you peal chestnuts, mush them up with a little bit of water and then dry it out, you can use it as soap.
 #12 
Old 2000-09-19, 22:33
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Soap for Suzie

I know what im talking about! What's the initive for communist citizens to work for if they get paid the same if they are a docter or a janiter.
 #13 
Old 2000-09-19, 23:43
Evil_Mastermind Evil_Mastermind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Soap for Suzie

the thing with capitalism is that it works with people's hunger for power. thats why it works so well. it thrives where there is greed. I hate America. Democracy is good an all, but its gotten so confused by money in this country. So bad that its an issue in the elections!

As though Rhode Island matters anyway...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics