About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-30, 11:09
fraudstar fraudstar is offline
Regular
 
Default HE does anyone except me make it?

does anyone except me make HE anymore you all seem to be making flash and gunpowder. which are reletively safer but dont have the same effect
 #2 
Old 2003-01-30, 18:29
Regular
 
Dublin Ireland
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

quote:
Originally posted by fraudstar:
does anyone except me make HEs anymore


yes,if you had of read most of the posts on some of the pages here you would see that we do make HEs.The reason people make Gp,Fp etc is because they want to start off small and know what they're doing before they go into primarys,HEs etc.
 #3 
Old 2003-01-30, 18:41
Lenin Lenin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

HE is starting to get a little overused...I understand if its in the topic but you can type out (Hopefully) High Explosives.You act like you are special just because you can say HE and supposably made them before.

Edit: No,Daithai I didnt mean you.But I forgot to add that I have indeed helped make some High Explosives such as organic peroxides and some secondary explosives with Boris.


[This message has been edited by Lenin (edited 01-30-2003).]
 #4 
Old 2003-01-30, 18:44
Regular
 
Dublin Ireland
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

Who me?
If its not to me then I agree
 #5 
Old 2003-01-30, 19:54
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

Everyone that posts in this forum regularly most likely has made at least a high explosive, mainly primaries before, including me.
 #6 
Old 2003-01-30, 19:59
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

����...It's just that most of us have little use for high explosives. Research is one thing, but once you have your three pounds of TNT or ANFO or whatever you have to spend a lot of time considering how and where you're going to set it off. That's too much trouble, usually.

~Zero
 #7 
Old 2003-01-30, 20:03
Joesmokes911 Joesmokes911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

I have only made a few primaries, but I don't like doin it because I get nerveous every time. I like more stable things.
 #8 
Old 2003-01-30, 20:57
Lenin Lenin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

Zero,I understand where you are coming from.Boris and I used to have to drive with a trunkload of explosives out to a open field and then set everything up and start burying stuff and geting all the detonation wires set up and making sure no one was near when we detonated it.Which is a good reason why most people just dont do the High Explosives,But if you get into any type of stuff you must have a place to set it off.I dont see why some people on this board will do so much to make something then relise they dont have a place to set it off.
 #9 
Old 2003-01-30, 22:44
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

We will always except you no matter which explosives you make.
 #10 
Old 2003-01-30, 22:53
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

You mean accept? Anyway, most of the regulars have made HEs. I personally have made AP, MEKP, TNP (Picric acid), Nitrocellulose, APAN, ANNM, and a small ANFO charge (course you don't really make ANFO or APAN or ANNM, you just mix them).
 #11 
Old 2003-01-30, 22:56
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

i really dont think 10 pounds of AN will replace the M-80 any time soon.
 #12 
Old 2003-01-31, 01:53
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

Plenty of people here make HE's once in a while... I just seperated 200mL of MEKP and made 300mL more (in several smaller batches, not all at once!) I'm driving someplace to set it off tomorrow. After that I probably won't make much MEKP, I just got a little carried away...

I'm also going to make HMTD and TNP as soon as my supplies come, I've been quite obsessed with HE's lately to tell the truth.

Once I make those and a few others I'll probably just go back to LE's/pyrotechnics because you can do so much more than just make a big boom.
 #13 
Old 2003-01-31, 04:52
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

Ignore my last post I wasn't in the right state of mind.
 #14 
Old 2003-01-31, 18:20
Regular
 
Dublin Ireland
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

I havent really made that many HEs(High Explosives for Lenin) since my accident with HMTD im still a bit jumpy every time i make AP i keep having a fear that if i go to open the jar the crystals will be around the top of the lid and when i open the lid theyll detonate.If i do make AP i turn it into a putty after its made.
 #15 
Old 2003-01-31, 21:11
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

i seriously think that i wont ever make any HEs, unlees i want the rep, but i dont really.
http://www.geocities.com/tight_rappa2002/homepage.html
 #16 
Old 2003-01-31, 21:24
Regular
 
Dublin Ireland
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

I havent been on your site in ages Nick,its looking quite good (brilliant compared to my site).
 #17 
Old 2003-01-31, 21:27
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

you have a site? whats the url? I havent worked on my site in a long time becuase geocities it really messed up, and after i typed a whole new fucking page up, it wouldnt let me save. I hate it. http://www.geocities.com/tight_rappa2002/homepage.html

edit:nevermind, looked in your profile.

[This message has been edited by NickSG (edited 01-31-2003).]
 #18 
Old 2003-01-31, 21:31
Regular
 
Dublin Ireland
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

Its www.angelfire.com/theforce/detonation The best page is the welcome page(because its the only page on the site)
 #19 
Old 2003-02-01, 09:37
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

EP with ur mekp i recommend letting it rest for a while, it seems to get stronger with age (to a limit). after a while its about as flame sensitive as AP
 #20 
Old 2003-02-01, 20:47
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

That might not be a good thing... it getting stronger may mean more sensitive, and that's never a good thing with peroxides.

Edit: 1000 yay!

[This message has been edited by DavidThePyro (edited 02-01-2003).]
 #21 
Old 2003-02-02, 00:14
Aechean Aechean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

Are you setting the MEKP off straight or with an AP cap or something? I've only heared of MEKP fuse detonating it larger amounts while mixed with a solid sensitzer like a nitrate.
 #22 
Old 2003-02-02, 00:26
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

nitrate or no nitrate, all you need is one genuine czech spark initiator and a copper placement wire, with ample dusting of ap for a blasting cap on any of your HE's.

What is everyones record AP yeild while i am at it, i want you to go by the old rule of thumb that you use 1:5 ratio of acetone to hydrogen peroxide.

So get it down to the lowest common denominator

with this in mind i made (with 40ml acetone and 200ml hydrogen peroxide 6 percent ((20 proof)) in strength) 11 grams.
 #23 
Old 2003-02-02, 00:45
Smokey the Bear Smokey the Bear is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

"Has anyone else here made HEs?"

Heh. Let's see what I've made in that department: ammonium nitrate/mononitrotoluenes, dinitrotoluene, trinitrotoluene, picric acid (both the yellow and red isomers), ammonium picrate (both yellow and red), acetone peroxide, liquid methyl ethyl ketone peroxide, solid methyl ethyl ketone peroxide, ammonium permanganate, PETN, RDX, oxamide nitrate, dinitroxamide, urea nitrate, dinitrourea, nitrostarch, nitrosucrose, nitroglycerine, methyl nitrate, percitric acid, cupric picrate, dinitroacetone, nitroformic acid, nitroacetic acid, dinitrobenzoic acid... hrm... I definitely forgot at least one...

Yup, HE (sticks tongue out at Lenin) is fun. In fact, I just roused the neighborhood and created another crater within the last hour!

[Edit: fixed retarded grammatical error and added a few to the list.]

[This message has been edited by Smokey the Bear (edited 02-02-2003).]
 #24 
Old 2003-02-02, 00:54
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

Damn Smokey!
I got my 2000 post 2 days ago! Anyways good goin getting 1000 cuase not a lot of people get that high without being a mod.
 #25 
Old 2003-02-03, 03:14
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HE does anyone except me make it?

I don't think I could even afford the chemicals required to make that many explosives. I'm sticking to AN based explosives, TNP, and AP for the time being. And actually, 1000 is a lot for just posting in BB since September. (well I have like 4 posts in the other forums).
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics