About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-10, 18:42
cf_2k3 cf_2k3 is offline
Regular
 
Default School Chem supplies

I was just wondering how many people have robbed equipment and Chemicals from their school labs and what they have taken
 #2 
Old 2003-01-10, 18:47
deadkennedy deadkennedy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

my science teacher is buying chemicals for me.
 #3 
Old 2003-01-10, 19:17
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

there are way to many topics about stealing chemicals from school and teachers, so make one big topic. it is kind of getting annoying now.
 #4 
Old 2003-01-10, 20:03
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

Stealing from a school is really childish and stupid I think...
 #5 
Old 2003-01-10, 20:11
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

i understand if someone steals every once and a while, becuase most are in a place where the stuff is very rare, but if it is readly avalible, it is childish. Anyway, the still nedd to keep one topic.
 #6 
Old 2003-01-10, 21:47
insertnamehere insertnamehere is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

The only stuff I steel from school is AL and MG powders because they have so much of it, well off to make some AP now.
 #7 
Old 2003-01-10, 22:01
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

If there was something hard to get that I had an easy shot at, I might try it. I usually try to be a semi-moral person however, so I don't steal.

I have a klepto "friend" who got busting poking around in the supply room just last week.
 #8 
Old 2003-01-10, 22:32
Regular
 
Dublin Ireland
Default Re: School Chem supplies

ive stolen like really hard to get stuff.A guy in my class and his brother broke into the chem lab spilt some nitric acid and when they went into school the next day they found out it was him because there was acid marks on his school uniform trousers and they caught him on cctv

 #9 
Old 2003-01-11, 00:01
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

yeah? my school has no cameras in the science room, I've gotten away with almost a liter of dilute Nitric and Hydrochloric acid, I've gotten Ammonium nitrate crystals, Potassium chlorate, beakers, and some other stuff.
 #10 
Old 2003-01-11, 00:12
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: School Chem supplies

quote:
Originally posted by Daithai:
ive stolen like really hard to get stuff.A guy in my class and his brother broke into the chem lab spilt some nitric acid and when they went into school the next day they found out it was him because there was acid marks on his school uniform trousers and they caught him on cctv




what the fuck would they use nitric for in a school ???


i usally don't steal from the schools when i did that was i didn't know which teach to talk to about it i finally found a teacher willing to order chemicals for "school" use lol he's cool so now i have moderate access to some nitrates and powdered metals and some other minor stuff .. the only time i will resort to stealing is if it rare and i can not find any other place .. which hardly ever happens
 #11 
Old 2003-01-11, 01:27
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

Well, in the upcoming chapters in my book there's an experiment using nitric acid with zinc I think to turn an old looking copper penny into a golden color.
 #12 
Old 2003-01-11, 02:23
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

quote:
what the fuck would they use nitric for in a school ???


I'm sure a lot of high school chem classes have it sitting around, we used it to dissolve copper wire and then added something (I forget what...we never actually finished the lab) to make it reappear. Magic!

It was only 6M, so not very pure.
 #13 
Old 2003-01-11, 03:04
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: School Chem supplies

humm i have never seen it there maybe i should take a better look because as far as i know or school dilutes the acids themselfs for lab use so for all i know i could be sitting close to pure nitric acid lol
 #14 
Old 2003-01-12, 03:59
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

my school lab has an amazing amount of chemicals that would find no use. They have nitric acid and stuff. They have sodium (stored in these funy tubes full of liquid).

They also have this odd vial of liquid. stored in a styrofoam box its call bromin or something....ver very very very strong acid...very strong
 #15 
Old 2003-01-12, 16:05
OniOuji OniOuji is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

bromine isn't an acid, but it will vaporise as soon as you open it creating a brown poisons gas cloud. I'v taken Al and Mg powder from school someone stole a container of Soduim from our school and flushed it down the toilet and it wreched the plumbing system.

[This message has been edited by OniOuji (edited 01-12-2003).]
 #16 
Old 2003-01-12, 18:16
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies



[This message has been edited by DavidThePyro (edited 01-13-2003).]
 #17 
Old 2003-01-13, 00:29
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

one the subject of chemicals, UN has started to sell iodine crystals, but not for long, because the FBI will be on their ass really soon.
 #18 
Old 2003-01-13, 19:45
OniOuji OniOuji is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

My school has caesuim! I went into our chemical storage place today(which is praticaly a bunker they keep all the realy dangerous acids and stuff in there) with our head of science and some 6th formers becuase they had it speicaly ordered to do some experiment(what i don't know) but most university's don't have it and my school had a 2 inch bottle of it, in oil of course.
 #19 
Old 2003-01-13, 23:35
Richy Richy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

i stole a few things from my high school a few years ago. im still in posession of em, too.

i stole a retort stand, a bosshead clamp, 4 beakers, 2 erlenmyer flasks, and some sulfur...which i thought would be useful at the time.

from

Richy
 #20 
Old 2003-01-13, 23:53
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

I'm not in highschool yet so I can't use any of these chems.

and when I do get to highschool, I have to wait till grade 10 for chemistry and I don't know if in grade we use in chems in science
 #21 
Old 2003-01-14, 00:21
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

i have to wait one more year, my junior year(grade 11) to even take chemicastry, even though my science teacher has some kno3 and a little other stuff.
 #22 
Old 2003-01-14, 01:46
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

There's only one thing I would want from a school chem lab: the 5gal jug of 30% H2O2 they had lying around way back when I had whatever science class that was.
 #23 
Old 2003-01-14, 01:58
Ion Ion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

What? I thought chemistry starts in 9th grade!
 #24 
Old 2003-01-14, 11:49
CamoCougar CamoCougar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Chem supplies

I got caught stealing from a lab i dunno how
but my teache said she got one of my friends to rat on me,
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics