About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-31, 19:57
Timmmm Timmmm is offline
Regular
 
Default Chemical sources

Hey, where do all you lot get your chemicals from?

There was something else but I've forgotten it...

Timmmm
 #2 
Old 2002-12-31, 20:04
Timmmm Timmmm is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

Ermmm nm this thread is a bit superfluous...
 #3 
Old 2002-12-31, 20:07
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

You could've searched but a 2 places that most people get their stuff from are United Nuclear and Pyrotek.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-31, 21:59
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

pyrotek if you want to go through all that ID crap, but www.unitednuclear.com and www.cannonfuse.com if ou want to pay a little extra and without the ID crap.
 #5 
Old 2003-01-01, 03:18
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

UN is a LOT more expensive.
 #6 
Old 2003-01-01, 03:25
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

Yeah they are, but they don't require ID and they keep their mouths shut. I'm awaiting a shipment of Potassium perchlorate and German Dark right now...
 #7 
Old 2003-01-01, 04:16
Ion Ion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

quote:
Originally posted by a1b2c3:
I'm awaiting a shipment of Potassium perchlorate and German Dark right now...


Same with me.
 #8 
Old 2003-01-01, 04:34
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

Pyrotek is the best....
 #9 
Old 2003-01-01, 05:26
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

im waiting for tubes, potassium per, potassium nitrate, sulfer german dark.
 #10 
Old 2003-01-01, 09:41
insertnamehere insertnamehere is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

You live in suffolk, how cool is that! :S
There is a thread titled safe suppliers(i think) and in there I gave 2 links to websites which deliver to UK but dont be afraid to ask your little friend down in the chemist, he should be happy to order you in chemicals as long as he gets his money.
 #11 
Old 2003-01-02, 23:58
Insomniac119 Insomniac119 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

as soon as I get the balls to order and from them (I'm not as luckey as most people here, my parents would beat me if they found out), i'll buy some patassium nitrate, patasium perclorait, german dark aluminum, and dextrin. If I buy a good amount of all of these, would anyone now how much that would be roughly? Hopefully, that will be soon so I can make some flash, smoke, and/or bp. And how fast do they ship?
 #12 
Old 2003-01-03, 00:16
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

that would be around 45 dollars with shipping. I send in my money on the 23, and still havent got mine yet. Now that there arent many things getting shipped around for christmas and new years, you should get your in 1 to 2 weeks.
 #13 
Old 2003-01-03, 00:18
Insomniac119 Insomniac119 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

Ok i just added it up my self. man it's more expensive then I thought, mainly the aluminum. so i'd buy about $30 worth and see how that goes. then I'll later buy more. but man pyrotek is alot less explensive. I wish they ID wasn't reaquired there. But ya UN is the only choice because they accept cash and no ID is required and they keep there mouths shut.

[This message has been edited by Insomniac119 (edited 01-03-2003).]
 #14 
Old 2003-01-03, 00:32
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

i also wish pyrotek accepted cash.
 #15 
Old 2003-01-03, 00:35
OniOuji OniOuji is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

I get all my stuff from my chemist, they just want money they dont care wat chemicals i buy(they wont sell me drugs tho) Does anyone know of a UK based chemical suplyer shipping costs from US companys are huge i'd though i'd found a good suplyer once but it turns out it only delivered by the frieght full. That would be cool but its not gonna happen
 #16 
Old 2003-01-03, 00:42
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

isnt there a topic somewhere around here that give 2 addresses for places that deliver to europe? I actually think someone mentioned it in this topic, i am not sure.
 #17 
Old 2003-01-03, 21:07
Aechean Aechean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

quote:
Originally posted by NickSG:
i also wish pyrotek accepted cash.



If they accept money orders, then those shouldn't be too hard to get. Post offices, 7eleven, etc. has them.
 #18 
Old 2003-01-04, 16:33
insertnamehere insertnamehere is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

I posted them but theyre really expensive.
OniOuji, you dam right, chemists will sell you almost anything.
Im having trouble finding acetone though, anyone know were I can find it, Ive looked In paint stores, hardware stores, everywhere. A lot of paint thinners dont include the ingredients. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
 #19 
Old 2003-01-04, 21:08
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

Look for the paint thinner that says 'ACETONE' on it, that's how most of the ones I find are marked...
 #20 
Old 2003-01-05, 21:07
insertnamehere insertnamehere is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

I have and failed miserably. I just cant find it, its really weird.
 #21 
Old 2003-01-09, 00:52
humplok420 humplok420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical sources

i guess none of these places ship to canada?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics