About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-29, 13:58
Regular
 
Dublin Ireland
Default safe suppliers

Has anyone ordered from a good chem suppliers that ship worldwide .I dont wont posts about UN,skylighter or any of the i mean like the ones im the thread i posted about the ones that ship to Ireland and britan.

The reason i ask is that i usually get mine from my cousin who got them for me in the pharmacy he worked in but he got the sack(fired) and cant get them from me any more so I either give up the explosives game or you guies can give me a hand coming back into it Greatly appreciated

[This message has been edited by Daithai (edited 01-01-2003).]
 #2 
Old 2002-12-29, 21:21
insertnamehere insertnamehere is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

Erm...my dogs dying right now
Try http://www.kyantec.com/catalog.htm or http://www.isca.ukf.net/prod01.htm.
You email them what you want and they do the rest with you via email.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-30, 02:09
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

Since you didn't fix that second link here it is:
http://www.isca.ukf.net/prod01.htm
 #4 
Old 2002-12-30, 11:52
insertnamehere insertnamehere is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

Oopsie..sorry
 #5 
Old 2002-12-31, 16:53
Regular
 
Dublin Ireland
Default Re: safe suppliers

are they dear,do you need id?


[This message has been edited by Daithai (edited 12-31-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-12-31, 20:05
Timmmm Timmmm is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

OK this from kyantec:

--------->

> Aluminium Powder - 300 g - $25.00
> Iodine Crystals - 30 g - $20.00
> Ammonium Hydroxide - 500 ml - $22.40
> Iron Powder - 1 kg - $80.00
> Magnesium Turnings - 500 g - $28.00
> Ammonium Chloride - 100 g - $8.50
> Ammonium Nitrate - 100 g - $6.60
> Potassium Perchlorate - 100 g - $19.25

Freight to be determined, but since some are hazardous materials, the
freight costs will be expensive.

<---------

Gives an idea of price of random things...
 #7 
Old 2002-12-31, 21:56
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

that stuff is really expensive. 20 dollars for 1/4 pound of kclo4, that is more expensive than the aluminum.
 #8 
Old 2003-01-01, 03:17
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

Wow that's expensive...
 #9 
Old 2003-01-01, 11:15
insertnamehere insertnamehere is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

Jesus fucking christ I want to move to America, we always get unfair deals on everything and you need to be 18 to buy rocket engines.
 #10 
Old 2003-01-01, 17:32
Regular
 
Dublin Ireland
Default Re: safe suppliers

you think thats bad,over here they dont sell model rockets or fireworks,laws change in different counties,like over here there's a place called Kilkenny and you can buy 200 different fireworks and most of them cost about �6 for a pack of 30 giant rockets its just so unfuckin' fair

[This message has been edited by Daithai (edited 01-01-2003).]
 #11 
Old 2003-01-02, 00:30
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers




See those bags?...Well each bag has about 3 lbs of potassium perchlorate....I got 11 pounds of that stuff for 50 bucks....I feel special....
 #12 
Old 2003-01-02, 00:37
Ion Ion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

quote:
Originally posted by Agent Boris_KGB:
See those bags?...Well each bag has about 3 lbs of potassium perchlorate....I got 11 pounds of that stuff for 50 bucks....I feel special....


Where did you get it? I got only 10 lbs for $50.
 #13 
Old 2003-01-02, 00:42
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

Pyrotek...I ordered 10 and they gave me 1 extra pound...
 #14 
Old 2003-01-02, 01:49
Ion Ion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

Because you order so much from them?
 #15 
Old 2003-01-02, 02:19
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

I guess...They package everything very crude....plastic bags as you can see....I put everything in nice containers....I have ordered from pyrotek 7 times....When I ordered that Potassium Perchlorate I bought 300 dollars worth of other stuff in that run....So I guess they were just rushing trying to fill the order....
 #16 
Old 2003-01-02, 03:23
Ion Ion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

I wish they would sell to me too. Oh well.
 #17 
Old 2003-01-02, 11:26
insertnamehere insertnamehere is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

I'm having quite a bit of luck with my chemist at the moment. They seem to be happy to sell chemicals to me because theyre located in such a shitty location no one ever goes there.
 #18 
Old 2003-01-02, 20:37
Regular
 
Dublin Ireland
Default Re: safe suppliers

in total how much do you guys spend on chems a year,i spend about �250 plus i used to get aload of chems from my cousin he ordered from a company that you had to have an id,a chemist diploma and some other piece of crap but it was dirt cheap i think the kno3 I got from him (my first load) was �35 for 2.25kg


[This message has been edited by Daithai (edited 01-02-2003).]
 #19 
Old 2003-01-02, 21:05
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

I'm not sure what that little money symbol you used is, or what the exchange rate would be. But that's ok. Anyway, I spent $75 at ss aerospace (which I still haven't fucking gotten the shipment in) 2 months ago, $100 at pyrotek, and about $100 at local stores getting stuff. That was in the last 3 months that I can remember... I don't really feel like looking up prior purchases. Actually I haven't spent that much before except when I first got started. So I estimate about $500/year. I think I'm going to have to start selling M80s in large quantities to make some money. This town's pretty dry when it comes to M80s (and drugs for that matter) so I can probably make some good cash.
 #20 
Old 2003-01-02, 21:11
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

In my entire pyrotechnic career I have spent 1500+ at pyrotek about 200 at UN,100 from SS,150 from skylighter,about only 200 for equipment(ball mills,glassware,etc,etc,etc)and I would say about 100-200 for everything else....
 #21 
Old 2003-01-02, 21:22
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

for one year, i would say no more than 150 at the absolute most.
 #22 
Old 2003-01-02, 21:24
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

I really don't need much, but usually I spend about $100-150 dollars a year. I have connections so I can get a lot of stuff for free, like Acetone and Tolulene.
 #23 
Old 2003-01-02, 22:36
Regular
 
Dublin Ireland
Default Re: safe suppliers

quote:
Originally posted by DavidThePyro:
I'm not sure what that little money symbol you used is,


� <- this is the pound sign it used to be the currencey in Ireland(it was called "punt" which means pound in the Irish language) � <- this is the euro sign the currency used in over 15 european countries including Ireland which changed from the punt

you learn a little bit every day

oh and the exchange rate would have been about 40 dollars

and i spend most of my money on bp,ap,fp,supplies and i made �60/$70 this month from my freinds they paid me to blow up a bunch of shit like bike wheels,doors,and scraring people at our loacal shop with flares from the fp

[This message has been edited by Daithai (edited 01-02-2003).]
 #24 
Old 2003-01-03, 19:59
Timmmm Timmmm is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

Erm, are you sure he wasn't joking about the �?...

Anyway, think I'll get stuff from GLS.
What kind of ID do pyrotek need, and do they ship internationally (Im guessing not).

Failing that I'll try the chemist (GLS is tax free
 #25 
Old 2003-01-03, 21:07
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: safe suppliers

I thought it was the British Pound, but seeing as you live in Ireland I wasn't sure. Last time I heard, pyrotek won't ship out of the US, but you could email them and ask...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics