About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-28, 19:58
king vitamin king vitamin is offline
Regular
 
Default New Years

What are you guys doing on new years? any pyrotechnics included?

I got some stuff: 2 sparkler fountains,6-7 sky rockets modified, 1 m-80, play with some cremora,ap putty?, and some class c fireworks,
 #2 
Old 2002-12-28, 20:32
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

Numerous salutes, of different sizes. Mostly m-80s.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-28, 21:27
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

A bag of weed, a pipe....

I haven't gotten toasted in 3 months
 #4 
Old 2002-12-29, 00:04
bleedingme bleedingme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

Im going to have a delightful evening lighting off my m-80s and some of the firecrackers that i smuggled from the states and then im gonna get ripped and drunk and then im gonna sleep it off in my truck... cant wait
 #5 
Old 2002-12-29, 00:43
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

I've got about 20 flash powder salutes of various sizes, about 110 grams of freshly made AP, three 300 gram Napthalene moth ball salutes, about 10 large fuel gas fireballs, and a lot of class c fireworks. =D
 #6 
Old 2002-12-29, 00:50
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

quote:
Originally posted by a1b2c3:
I've got about 20 flash powder salutes of various sizes, about 110 grams of freshly made AP, three 300 gram Napthalene moth ball salutes, about 10 large fuel gas fireballs, and a lot of class c fireworks. =D


Can you specify your "moth ball salutes"?
 #7 
Old 2002-12-29, 01:58
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

I really doubt you made acetone peroxide if you think that napthalene is a low order explosive.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-29, 02:58
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: New Years

I have got 5 large gas fireballs ready


ever seen the pipes they use for pouring cement supports there only about 6 inches in diameter i got them mounted to a board with about three tubes of 12 hour epoxy and i fiberglassed the tubes (makes em way stronger) and there each going to have a large (im talking the big ones) ziplock baggie full of gas


i have 3 aerial shells preped with random stars

i have 15 molitovs

one large im guessing 2- 2 1/4 lbs napcharge

8 large smoke bombs made out of bean cans (there not that large)

3 crater makers (left over BP)

4 large fountains (pre-made machined tube with a nozzle that screws in) multi-colored of coarse

i got two large rockets going up in the afternoon dec 31st by large i mean 6ft and 6 1/4 ft

and a few aerial salutes im hoping the titanium flakes i added will give it a nice flash
 #9 
Old 2002-12-29, 03:55
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

Hmm my new years 'stash' consists of a ton of class c stuff, a half gallon lampare (gas fireball - whatever), a set piece saying '2003', several soda bottle bombs, 3 or 4 AP M80s, and maybe my propane bottle project if I can't do it before new years.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-29, 03:57
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: New Years

Oh Shit i forgot about the pressure bombs ... who can forget the simplest of em all ... haha i still have 3 gallons of HCl left ..
 #11 
Old 2002-12-29, 16:03
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

Napthalene mothball salutes: http://www.angelfire.com/fl/andyspyropage/spsalute.html
 #12 
Old 2002-12-29, 18:03
Insomniac119 Insomniac119 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

I don't know what I'll do, I don't got much suplies. so I'll prolly make a few molotovs, small rockets, easy stuff.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-29, 18:04
Insomniac119 Insomniac119 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

o yeah i'll smoke the rest of my weed.
 #14 
Old 2002-12-29, 20:03
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

quote:
Originally posted by a1b2c3:
Napthalene mothball salutes: http://www.angelfire.com/fl/andyspyropage/spsalute.html


SON OF A BITCH!!!!

He used white text! For the longest time I thought that page was incomplete, but the text was there! ARRRGGGG!!!
 #15 
Old 2002-12-29, 21:49
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: New Years

don't you just hate that ...
 #16 
Old 2002-12-29, 21:58
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

That's not much of a salute, though.
 #17 
Old 2002-12-29, 22:18
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

quote:
Originally posted by DavidThePyro:
That's not much of a salute, though.


I know, but it is still a piss off.

The "tube" style nap fireballs are better.
 #18 
Old 2002-12-29, 23:26
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

Yeah, but the link shows how to make a fireball and a noise, the nap charges only makes a fireball. When I'm done crushing my Nap I'm going to try flash powder instead of Napthalene, the noise will be louder I bet.
 #19 
Old 2002-12-29, 23:39
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: New Years

quote:
Originally posted by a1b2c3:
Yeah, but the link shows how to make a fireball and a noise, the nap charges only makes a fireball. When I'm done crushing my Nap I'm going to try flash powder instead of Napthalene, the noise will be louder I bet.

no you think !

it has to be confined too...
 #20 
Old 2002-12-30, 00:03
Cosmosme Cosmosme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

i plan on blowing a few lines, a pill, somefungus eating and some very special cay. and of coarse smoking...but after that im going to attempt to burn "fuck u satalites" into my front lawn!
 #21 
Old 2002-12-30, 02:16
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

Sleep... Im gonna like 5 or 6 HE's done by then though...

CTR
 #22 
Old 2002-12-30, 03:27
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

I'll have my firing panel done by then too. So now I won't have as much of a chance of getting burned. I also made about a mile of black match just because I can.
 #23 
Old 2002-12-31, 00:39
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

I don't have that much stuff...

A few cobs I meant to use a while ago but never got to, some AP, and I've got the plugs drying for a big flash salute...I'll mix and fill it tomorrow, not sure how much flash it'll hold, but it's pretty big.
 #24 
Old 2002-12-31, 01:23
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

Oh yeah, and I've got about 250ml of MEKP I just made yesterday, a really big flash salute(about 300 grams) drying right now, about 75 grams of HMTD, and 4 12 gram COBS filled halfway with 7:3 flash powder. I think that's enough for New Years! July 4th will be a different story, but then again that's a long way off.
 #25 
Old 2002-12-31, 02:53
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

quote:
Originally posted by a1b2c3:
Oh yeah, and I've got about 250ml of MEKP I just made yesterday, a really big flash salute(about 300 grams) drying right now, about 75 grams of HMTD, and 4 12 gram COBS filled halfway with 7:3 flash powder. I think that's enough for New Years! July 4th will be a different story, but then again that's a long way off.

Your going to get hurt before the night is over.

 #26 
Old 2002-12-31, 03:11
anemic slug anemic slug is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

ummmmmmmmmmm i jus get realllllly realllllly drunk. im pissed off because i dont think i will be having any dope this new years. it sucks but no pyrotechnics this year for me not when im drunk and i got al my drunk friends around.
 #27 
Old 2002-12-31, 03:13
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

I don't think he actually made all of that stuff, but that's ok. Anyway, it looks like that's when I'll complete the propane project... just hope I don't get arrested.
 #28 
Old 2002-12-31, 06:42
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

a1b2c3 - If that's true, you'll have lots of fun! Any chance of pics?

I just got done making a big flash salute, it's no 300g, but 18g is still pretty loud for setting off in the city!
 #29 
Old 2002-12-31, 17:41
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

Damn it! I didnt get my stuff from united nuclear yet, so this new years, i am going to have to stick with crappy mexican fireworks or stuff i can make from rocket engines. hmm, there is a party i can go to, so that makes up for the fucked up fireworks.
 #30 
Old 2002-12-31, 18:13
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

EP - I'll try to have some pics, though I'm using electric detonation for most of them so I will be pretty far away.

Edit: I'm about to do a couple of COBS right now, I'm at my grandparents house which is right next to the woods. Too bad I don't have any good cameras here. =\ Later I'm going to go to my other grandparents house(on my mom's side) and they have a really really big field right next to the woods also. I'm planning to do the fuel gas fireballs right in the middle, and the rest of the COBS in the woods, the AP, MEKP, and HMTD will be detonated underground(not at once though) in the field or maybe in the woods, and the 300g flash salute will be dug underground and set off. The Napthalene salutes I will do in the field because I don't think it will make a big enough fireball to do any damage. Last night I did a small(about 5-8g) flash salute in my grandparents field, and I taped it on video too, after I save it into my computer I'll upload it and send it to you(EP). I'll also leave a link here if anyone else wants to see it.

[This message has been edited by a1b2c3 (edited 12-31-2002).]
 #31 
Old 2002-12-31, 19:58
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

all I have is two firecrackers. One has some BP and some stars in it but I'm scared to use it because it's case is hard plastic and I don't want anything flying into my face. the other one has 1/2 a tea spoon of BP in a kinder suprise case.
 #32 
Old 2002-12-31, 20:05
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

If their fuses are visco/cannon you could use a cigarrete delay, a slow burning smoke formula delay, or the match head on tape method.
 #33 
Old 2002-12-31, 20:16
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: New Years

quote:
Originally posted by a1b2c3:
If their fuses are visco/cannon you could use a cigarrete delay, a slow burning smoke formula delay, or the match head on tape method.


tie a sparkler to the fuse the burn fairly slow ..
 #34 
Old 2002-12-31, 20:55
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

Send them to Rat instead of me so he can put them in the Various Submissions section:
http://krimzonpyro.com/various/index.html

 #35 
Old 2002-12-31, 22:01
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

the only stuff i have are 2 very small polumas, 3 4 grams polumas, and 1 M-80. I sold all my other stuff, so dues isnt the only one without something.
 #36 
Old 2002-12-31, 22:06
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: New Years

no comments ony my stash ... meh oh well i shall have enough fun tonight

peace and happy new years im out of here
 #37 
Old 2003-01-01, 00:31
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

I didnt do anything releated to pyrotechnics..i went to a party and got drunk there then everyone headed for the beach to watch fireworks and stuff. on the way my friend dissapered into the bush and i lost him..so everone one else went in and watched fireworks and laughed and kissed each other then at 3am i went home........the next day im thinking..hmmm what happand to that guy so i called him. he say "I just fucking woke up next to the highway"
 #38 
Old 2003-01-01, 02:56
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

Damn it. Turns out nothing is going to happen after all for me tonight. For one, my jacket is all messed up and it's too cold to go without it. For two, it's fucking windy again. For three, my friends ended up not partying so I'm not either. Once again, DAMN IT.

Oh well at least I can still watch New Years Rockin' Eve on ABC.
 #39 
Old 2003-01-01, 03:20
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

Woah, the last 2 hours were fun! I set off everything except for my 300g flash salute and my high explosives. Sorry I couldn't get any pictures, I lost my digital camera in my dads car and he's away partying at one of his brothers' house. =( I hope they come back by around 1-2 so I can do the rest of my explosives.
 #40 
Old 2003-01-01, 05:22
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: New Years

i just got back from a party, and a little drunk. I little later i might start to light something
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics