About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-26, 11:14
Joesmokes911 Joesmokes911 is offline
Regular
 
Default ???peroxide???

i was experementing around with AP and MEKP(the recipies)and I just followed the AP recipe, but replaced the acetone with purple PVC primer..how can i expect to have the crystals/liquid/powder/to look??


please help its been in the fridge for a day now

tnx
 #2 
Old 2002-12-26, 14:42
Insomniac119 Insomniac119 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ???peroxide???

maybe you should have checked to make sure that would work before you tried it. i prolly wont work, but hell i don't know much about it.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-26, 16:23
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ???peroxide???

����I imagine that the impurities in the primer would either result in a poor yield or no yield at all. Does PVC primer even have acetone in it?

~Zero
 #4 
Old 2002-12-26, 16:55
-syko- -syko- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ???peroxide???

Nob head, fuck off.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-26, 17:44
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ???peroxide???

Zero - I think he means he replaced the acetone with PVC primer because it contains MEK to make MEKP.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-26, 19:48
Joesmokes911 Joesmokes911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ???peroxide???

EXactly, is EP the only one who undersands??
I'm trying to make my own recipie for MEKP


o and fuck you "syko"

[This message has been edited by Joesmokes911 (edited 12-26-2002).]
 #7 
Old 2002-12-26, 19:49
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ???peroxide???

Yeah I think he's going for MEKP because he's been asking about it alot. Anyway, MEKP is a liquid, and hell if I know how you're gonna separate it. Separatory funnel (like you have one of those...)? Eye dropper?
 #8 
Old 2002-12-26, 21:06
Joesmokes911 Joesmokes911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ???peroxide???

David, what do you mean "seaperate" it??
because i put it in the fridge about two and a half days ago, (when the primer was dark purple) now the liquid is VERY light purple and has dark purple chunck things floating in it...what does this mean?
 #9 
Old 2002-12-26, 22:56
Aechean Aechean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ???peroxide???

Why didn't you ask before you did this? Your trying the make PVC peroxide or something?

MEK is under $5 a liter. There is a synthesis on how to make it at science madness. Read the whole thread there before you ask anything, and don't ask any kewl questions there. What you have now is slop.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-27, 00:07
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ???peroxide???

I use PVC primer for my MEKP. I bought the stuff with the least impurities and as far as i can tell its very pure. A nice clear liquid that turns to MEKP in about 12 hours.
I seperated my MEKP from the other stuff by pouring the top layer off (MEKP) into a container.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-27, 01:03
Joesmokes911 Joesmokes911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ???peroxide???

stacic, did you use clear PVC primer??because I used purple primer
 #12 
Old 2002-12-27, 03:37
Joesmokes911 Joesmokes911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ???peroxide???

if anyone cares, an oily substance(hopefully the MEKP) has formed on the top layer. I will wait a couple more days(that means that it will have been away for about five or six days when I gat back...is it safe for it to be devoling for that long??
 #13 
Old 2002-12-27, 04:26
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ???peroxide???

I'm pretty sure MEKP is relatively stable, for a peroxide. I still wouldn't store it for much more than a week, but you'll probably be alright.
 #14 
Old 2002-12-27, 20:38
Aechean Aechean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ???peroxide???

May you did make MEKP (the oily liquid), but just get MEK next time.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics