About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-23, 16:38
Special K Special K is offline
Regular
 
Default Getting Nap

I've searched all over for napthalene and i CAN'T find when i can get it from, do i have to make it? or is it in a household thing? some one please tell me!
Thanks
 #2 
Old 2002-12-23, 16:50
Ion Ion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

http://www.pyrotek.org/
 #3 
Old 2002-12-23, 17:04
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

Mothballs, make sure you check the ingrediants, there are napathane and dicholoparabenze.

CTR
 #4 
Old 2002-12-23, 17:29
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Getting Nap

yeah man mothballs most of them are nap but not all
 #5 
Old 2002-12-23, 17:49
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

What the hell is it with people who cant find the easiest things to find....Its always someone asking 'where can I get acetone?' 'where can I get citric acid?'


You have to search....Now this stuff your asking for is just to easy to find....I would understand if it was hexamine or sulfuric acid.But you havnt searched like you said you did...
 #6 
Old 2002-12-23, 17:58
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

I cant find citric acid everthing else is at walmart, sport chalet, and home depot.

CTR
 #7 
Old 2002-12-23, 18:09
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

I as well. I went to all of the major grocery stores and drug stores searching for citric acid and sour salts. No one has them.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-23, 18:51
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

Boris - Not all of us live in crazy russian immigrant towns or something where everyone makes borscht and has pounds of citric acid, as GW and 6C just told you... Anyway, I've read it's used in brewing and my uncle brews beer, so I'll ask him about it along with asking at pharmacies, but I've looked and asked in numerous stores and nobody has it.

Also, I just got a gallon of 35% H2O2, the guy that sold it to me was quite the shady fellow.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-23, 18:53
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

C'mon I have like 5 pounds of citric acid in whats left of my lab.Hell I could sell it to you guys for crazy prices....Or I could tell you to go
EBAY LINK

===========
Fixed the link

-Rat

[This message has been edited by Rat_Bastard (edited 12-23-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-12-23, 19:00
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

quote:
Originally posted by EP:
Boris - Not all of us live in crazy russian immigrant towns or something where everyone makes borscht and has pounds of citric acid, as GW and 6C just told you... Anyway, I've read it's used in brewing and my uncle brews beer, so I'll ask him about it along with asking at pharmacies, but I've looked and asked in numerous stores and nobody has it.

Also, I just got a gallon of 35% H2O2, the guy that sold it to me was quite the shady fellow.



I dont live in a russian town....That would be racism....But anywho...yeah it is used for alot of things even soap making....as you can see in the link to ebay I posted...
 #11 
Old 2002-12-23, 19:12
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

Russian is a race? No, you could call it nationalism, but it still isn't... Some places just have large numbers of immigrants from a certain place, like Wisonsin has a lot of Norwegians...it's called demographics, not racism or nationalism.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-23, 19:24
Aechean Aechean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

I can get sulfuric and not citric, go figure.

Boris, mind sharing a borscht recipe?

Methinks my mom threw my nap out; she doesn't like the smell.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-29, 01:01
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

That's funny, I found my Napthalene moth balls at my local Brooks Pharmacy. It was 99.9% Napthalene. =P I'll be making a lot of Napthalene salutes!!
 #14 
Old 2002-12-29, 01:51
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

Napthalene salutes? Hhahahaha!

Anyways I have found that it is extremely hard to grind up napthalene and when I try I make a huge mess and the house will smell for days. Dissolve the shit in boiling water, filter it, then let evaporate. Heated isopropyl sounds better to me though... Hhhmmm....
 #15 
Old 2002-12-29, 03:32
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Getting Nap

quote:
Originally posted by 6C:
Napthalene salutes? Hhahahaha!

Anyways I have found that it is extremely hard to grind up napthalene and when I try I make a huge mess and the house will smell for days. Dissolve the shit in boiling water, filter it, then let evaporate. Heated isopropyl sounds better to me though... Hhhmmm....




i stick mine in a picle jar and let it sit for a day or to it abosorbs a little water then i take my bat and use the flat end and crush it by applying pressure and twisting ... very simple no ?
 #16 
Old 2002-12-31, 00:45
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

I only made two or three nap fireballs, I really hate the smell. After the first time (several years ago) I put the stuff in some ziplock bags and stuck it on the roof, I think it's still there!
 #17 
Old 2002-12-31, 01:17
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

Yeah... the smell can be annoying, I still prefer fuel gas fireballs. Hey does anyone know how much of a percentage the HCl in Zep Acidic Toilet Bowl Cleaner is? The label only said "CONTAINS HYDROCHLORIC ACID" I ran out of my muriatic acid and the place sold out and this is all I've got.
 #18 
Old 2002-12-31, 01:34
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

this is probably one of my stupidest questions, but hydrogen chloride is hydrochloric acid, isnt it? Anyways, most toilet bowl cleaners have different amounts of it. The stuff i seen was 14 percent, which is ok, but not that great.
 #19 
Old 2002-12-31, 01:49
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

Yeah, hydrogen chloride is the same as hydrochloric acid. I searched almost everywhere and I couldn't find an exact percent of how much HCl is in Zep Acidic Toilet Bowl Cleaner, so I can find out if its good enough for AP.
 #20 
Old 2002-12-31, 03:23
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

Well you can probably find H2SO4 more easily than HCl, and concentrations of drain opening H2SO4 range from 85-97%. If you think your HCl is weak, just add more in if you're making AP, it won't matter.
 #21 
Old 2002-12-31, 06:36
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

You could always try the website for info, it may tell you. If not, just try it. If it's fucked up, go buy some new HCl at the hardware store, it's cheap as hell.
 #22 
Old 2002-12-31, 18:26
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting Nap

Yeah, but the hardware store where I get my HCl is sold out of anything that has HCl, and they didn't have any H2SO4 drain openers(the store is Aubuchon Hardware). I checked on search engines and neither had a percentage of how much HCl are in them. Oh well, I'm going to try it after New Years. I'll post how it goes.

[This message has been edited by a1b2c3 (edited 12-31-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics