About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-17, 19:07
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Smoking Pot

����I'm so clever.



����I made a very interesting discovery today. It's something to flagrantly obvious that you think that someone would have written about it by now.
����Teflon and KNO3 do not play well together. This is what I gather, at least. I had an accidental ignition of a pot full of KNO3 and sucrose smoke mixture today, and with completely pure ingredients and a perfectly safe electric hot plate (same as I always use) I can only surmise that it was my new non-stick pot that caused the premature ignition.
����The smoke mixture (20 ounces of it) ignited very shortly after it first began to melt. I imagine the KNO3 oxidized some element of the teflon as soon as it went molten. The entire pot shortly flared up and I lost my entire batch. I first considered the possibility of an impurity or other outside ignition source. The pot was clean, though, and I was using the same ingredients I always do. The next part tipped me off: In the pool of molten KNO3 in the bottom of the pot was a blob of melted teflon - Energetically skimming on the surface of the KNO3 and burning away.
����Interesting.



����I was left with this hardened cake of teflon and KNO3. The stuff solidified quite quickly, leaving this strange porous material behind.
����The biggest loss of the afternoon was my trusty electric hot plate, which may or may not still work after this little adventure.



����Long story short: Don't mix up smoke bombs in a non-stick pot.

~Zero
 #2 
Old 2002-12-17, 19:26
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

...I usually use a 10,000 ml beaker....and if I have something bigger I use a coffee can or a big iron kettle that holds 50lbs...
 #3 
Old 2002-12-17, 19:35
devoiced devoiced is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

did you purposly make that the title of the topic "smoking pot" to mislead people
 #4 
Old 2002-12-17, 19:51
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

Its a pun...Nox comes up with some pretty good puns....
 #5 
Old 2002-12-17, 20:13
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

I once smoked pot in my house too...
 #6 
Old 2002-12-17, 20:26
Insomniac119 Insomniac119 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

me too. but after words my house stunk from the smoke. next time i'll do this:

put some lint remover things you put in the drier in a carboard tube and pack then together and blow the smoke into it. this will absorb all of the smoke, not making your house smell like weed.

*Insomniac remembers that this is the backyards ballistic board, and shuts up*

[This message has been edited by Insomniac119 (edited 12-17-2002).]
 #7 
Old 2002-12-17, 20:31
devoiced devoiced is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

thats why i dont smoke pot inside
 #8 
Old 2002-12-17, 20:38
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

i dont like herb, madicine, bud, weed, pot whatever all that much, but once a week is ok. Also, me and my firend throw the best parties, complete with a hot box room.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-17, 20:49
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

I dont do drugs...

CTR
 #10 
Old 2002-12-17, 20:52
devoiced devoiced is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

whats a hot box room
 #11 
Old 2002-12-17, 20:55
TheMadBonger TheMadBonger is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

A hotbox room is like hotboxing a car. you fill the room up with so much smoke breathing is like taking a hit.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-17, 20:59
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

you, it costs me and my firends a lot, so it is usually the bathroom.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-17, 21:00
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

i gotta quit really soon, becuase tryouts are comin up real soon.
 #14 
Old 2002-12-17, 21:05
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

Iv never liked pot. Its good with alcomohol but other then that its crap. When i saw this topic i thought u mixed weed with and oxideser so it would be an LE.....Weed firecrackers people
 #15 
Old 2002-12-17, 21:06
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

boooom! ..................huhu, cool lalalalalalala(starts to sing marrt had a little lamb).
 #16 
Old 2002-12-17, 21:55
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

����Why do I get the feeling this thread is drifting ever so gently off topic?

~Zero
 #17 
Old 2002-12-17, 22:02
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

You gave it a bad name, it has gone off topic cuz of the name.

CTR
 #18 
Old 2002-12-17, 22:05
Aechean Aechean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

I guess making refernces to drugs will only draw us off topic.

Thanks for the heads up Zero!

 #19 
Old 2002-12-17, 22:10
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

I think I'll start a thread...

Subject:

"Tripping on acid"

Body text:

"There was a bottle of HCl on the floor, I didn't see it and I tripped. "

Maybe it should go in ANAR...

You did bring this on yourself, Zero.
 #20 
Old 2002-12-17, 23:08
king vitamin king vitamin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

Illegal drugs suck you want to know why? i will tell you.
1. they don't taste good
2. you can't put them on cereal
3. they are damn expensive
4. they don't mix well with pyrotechnics

you don't need drugs to have a good time.
sorry for being off subject
 #21 
Old 2002-12-17, 23:18
devoiced devoiced is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

quote:
Originally posted by EP:
I think I'll start a thread...

Subject:

"Tripping on acid"

Body text:

"There was a bottle of HCl on the floor, I didn't see it and I tripped. "

Maybe it should go in ANAR...

You did bring this on yourself, Zero.



hahaha great idea! im the one that started drifting off topic but its all your fault for naming it that
 #22 
Old 2002-12-17, 23:34
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

hahahaha lol. I dont like drugs that mcuh, like i said earlier, but i never have done anything other than weed, and i will never smoke and light fireworks at the same time.
 #23 
Old 2002-12-17, 23:50
devoiced devoiced is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

yeah weeds it for me, and not much of it either. ive tried other drugs but i dont like em. its not fun to go to the grocery store only to be cahsed out by a giant pink elephant, or scratch a bunch off your skin off thinking that beetles are crawling all over you
 #24 
Old 2002-12-17, 23:53
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

����I suppose so. I'll let you have your fun, then.

~Zero
 #25 
Old 2002-12-18, 00:38
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

What IS teflon anyway?
As for smoking pot, I can't afford it much anymore...:/
 #26 
Old 2002-12-18, 01:20
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

quote:
Originally posted by king vitamin:
Illegal drugs suck you want to know why? i will tell you.
1. they don't taste good
Are you crazy?
2. you can't put them on cereal
of course you can!
3. they are damn expensive
grow/make your own
4. they don't mix well with pyrotechnics
Well you have one point but not all drug users are 'irresponsible drug addicted junkies.'
you don't need drugs to have a good time.
sorry for being off subject



 #27 
Old 2002-12-18, 01:21
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

Dave you live in Mexico, grow your own dude!
 #28 
Old 2002-12-18, 01:57
devoiced devoiced is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

people who smoke weed making bombs is fine, as long as their not high while their making them.
 #29 
Old 2002-12-18, 03:48
Hurley44 Hurley44 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

i dont do ilegal drugs anymore....im all tylonal and whipits
 #30 
Old 2002-12-18, 05:06
anemic slug anemic slug is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

abit on the same subject if you got kno3 and dope and mixed em together could you use it so that you could use bigger cones with your bucket??? or super saturate some hot water with kno3 and dip your dope in it. and then when u do a bucket you should be able to burn way more shit and have more concentrqted smoke in your bucket. (im using buckets instead of pipes and shit for example because i thought dope and kno3 would heat the pipe up to much i suppose i dont know just a suggestion) maybe it'll make the dope taaste like shit maybe it'll fuck you up totally i dunno have to try that now. eheh
 #31 
Old 2002-12-18, 06:33
Firewall Firewall is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

Abit off topic here maybe I shuld post this in ANAR or what ever it's called. Once when I was stoned off marijuana I had a device in my pocket, just a small canister with a tea spoon of BP. I lit the fuse and dropped it and just laughed at it and then the flame hit the BP and boom the top flew off and I just stood thier and laughed, if it had been something bigger i'd have been a goner. So don't mix drugs with things that explode...

-Firewall http://www.firewall.pyrocorp.com UP SOON!
 #32 
Old 2002-12-18, 07:03
sph3ric pyramid sph3ric pyramid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

Hey Zero, you smoke? Tobacco, that is.

peace out.
sph3ric pyramid.
 #33 
Old 2002-12-18, 11:19
devoiced devoiced is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

i dont see why anyone would smoke tobacco. its worse for you than weed, its addictive, and it doesnt get you high..
 #34 
Old 2002-12-18, 14:46
OniOuji OniOuji is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

I will never smoke tabbacco i dont like the idea of being highly addicted to something, its like after 8's (those minty chocolates) i cannot eat just one i swear they have somthing addictive in them....
 #35 
Old 2002-12-18, 19:53
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

quote:
Originally posted by devoiced:
people who smoke weed making bombs...


Hehehehe
 #36 
Old 2002-12-18, 21:13
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

quote:
Originally posted by 6C:
Dave you live in Mexico, grow your own dude!


If you mean me, I live in New Mexico. Which is right next to the regular Mexico. The only good thing about NM is the wide open spaces (once you'te out of town) to blow things up in. And, yes it is really a state.

Never-fucking-mind the map I tried to put in 11 times...

[This message has been edited by DavidThePyro (edited 12-18-2002).]
 #37 
Old 2002-12-19, 04:00
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

Whoops. Still though it is down south, why dont you grow your own?
 #38 
Old 2002-12-19, 04:24
anemic slug anemic slug is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

does any one think my idea will work or will it make the smoke toxic or what???
 #39 
Old 2002-12-19, 13:24
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Smoking Pot

����Mixing cannibis with potassium nitrate is an idiotic idea. The KNO3 will drastically increase the burn rate, wasting a large amount of your precious weed. In addition, the increased heat from the combustion will probably decompose the desirable components of the smoke (THC). KNO3 isn't too good for you to inhale anyway.

~Zero
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics