About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-15, 04:48
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default A visit today.

**sorry no pic's, Ill make it up by writing a detailed story**

Well, today was fun! I finally got to go to my suppliers house, and saw my beloved stash again. I only got to stay there about 2 hours, but it was enough time to do some fun stuff. We started by burning little chunks of white phosphorus. The phosphorus burns with a bright flame, with sputtering sparks. It put out quite a lot of white smoke, and the almond-sized chunk burned for almost 2 minutes! He then showed me how he made silver acetylide (double salts). First, he filled a small glass with about 20ml of white nitric acid (as soon as it was in the cup it started fuming) and then dropped in a silver dime (this guy has many silver coins) it started bubbling but then it stopped. He said the solution needed to be heated to make the reaction to proceed. We placed the glass into a container of hot water, and then the reaction took place. The coin started bubbling, and started turning the solution green, but it started putting out NO2 gas. The NO2 was a thick reddish orange color, but also very toxic! we stood back until the reaction was finished. Once finished the dime was no more, and there was a green liquid. Normally from this point on, you would just bubble acetylene gas through the solution, but we didn't have the glassware (he sold his a while back, and I forgot to bring mine) so to overcome this, he used a creative alternate method. He diluted the liquid with water, and the solution turned blue. He then took a some calcium carbide and wrapped it in toilet paper, and then in tinfoil, with a weight attached to it. He then dropped the package into the blue solution. The water reacted with the calcium carbide, and the package started bubbling acetylene gas, producing the white precipitate; silver acetylide. Unfortunately, we accidently ripped the package apart while removing it, and the spent calcium carbide, mixed into the solution turning it brown. He said �crap, I think we just blew the reaction�. We then still proceeded to filter what we could (doubtful it would work now), and spread the paste out to dry. Once we had taken it out of the filter dried some of it, we tested a small pile (about the size of a sunflower seed) I used my torch and **BAM!!!** it detonated unconfined! I was very surprised because, I am so used to peroxide explosives that just burn with a fireball unconfined. We then lit the used dried filter on fire and the whole filter blew up! I remember always burning my used filters after making AP or HMTD and they just sizzled and made a fireball. I must say, I am very impressed with silver acetylide (and it stores well too! [does not decompose after a week like peroxides do]). It is still a primary explosive, but only moderately sensitive, not very sensitive like AP. With the time I had left, we launched some cans, played with some .22 rounds, and burned some more white phosphorus.
Next time Im there, I promise to have some pic's, and vid's.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-15, 04:52
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

Does he use your chems then or what?
 #3 
Old 2002-12-15, 04:54
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

No, I use his chems (really fancy stuff). He is the guy who has all the chems. When I relocated I moved my chems (mostly LE stuff) into his house and now there is a huge combined stash.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-15, 04:55
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

Does he live on his own, and does this deal with his occupation?
 #5 
Old 2002-12-15, 04:59
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

Nope. He is married with two kids, and he used to be a chemistry teacher (thats how he got all the fancy stuff.)

Im not quite sure what his job is, but it has nothing to do with chemistry, ect.

Edit: he just does this stuff for fun

[This message has been edited by Rat_Bastard (edited 12-15-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-12-15, 10:21
insertnamehere insertnamehere is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

Lucky man. Thats quite a nice thing to have stored in your mind, knowing you have basically every chemical you would want back at your house.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-15, 13:44
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

Pretty nice.I was going to try that once...I just couldn't get my hands on any good silver...But how do you know this guy? I got a neigbor who used to be in the explosives buisness but he dosnt want to do anything like that kind of stuff again. He does give me his old books and helpful procedure tips...He has never really been there with me...
 #8 
Old 2002-12-15, 16:56
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

He is my dad's friend, that's how I know him. Next time im there, I will have more time to try out all the other exotic chems he has; and other such tricks.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-15, 17:22
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

i dont know why but i appear to be banned from rogue sci. Can a member of the forum please look on the other forum and see what is going on please.

thank you.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-15, 17:28
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

quote:
Originally posted by piggarro99:
i dont know why but i appear to be banned from rogue sci. Can a member of the forum please look on the other forum and see what is going on please.

thank you.



Yeah you were banned...I remember the thread you made....Why are you posting this in here...
 #11 
Old 2002-12-15, 18:18
OniOuji OniOuji is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

That guy sounds like a real dude, bit like my chemist who will sell me almost anything

edit: anything being drugs like speed(which i'd never take anyway)

[This message has been edited by OniOuji (edited 12-15-2002).]
 #12 
Old 2002-12-15, 19:23
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

Thats cool! I would buy chemicals but I don't have money right now so I am waiting a few more days. I will get:

acetone
HCL
nitric acid (where do I get this stuff from?)
ammonia
sulfuric acid


I am planning to make a lot of things with these like AP, nitrogen triiodide (need some tips on making small yields of it and how to handle/detonate safely) and, silver fulminate (genital warfare, tell me about your experience if you have made it yet)
 #13 
Old 2002-12-15, 19:40
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

hcl... look for muriatic acid in your local hardware store...

Ammonium... i find this in my local chemists

Nitric Acid... Good old synthesising if like me you are in The uk
 #14 
Old 2002-12-15, 21:14
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

I get my HNO3 from Pyrotek...
 #15 
Old 2002-12-15, 21:15
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

Meaning that nitric acid isn't readily avalible, but it can be substitued in some cases with sulfuric acid and (potassium, ammonium, whatever you have) nitrate. It's up to you to get the ratios right.

By the way, it can't hurt to do the chemical formula correctly : HCl
 #16 
Old 2002-12-15, 21:41
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

DeusExMachina - Look at the thread "Acids" and this new page on my site for some helpful info:
http://krimzonpyro.com/ep/projectsdevicesdir/hechems.html
 #17 
Old 2002-12-15, 21:47
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

quote:
Originally posted by DavidThePyro:
Meaning that nitric acid isn't readily avalible, but it can be substitued in some cases with sulfuric acid and (potassium, ammonium, whatever you have) nitrate. It's up to you to get the ratios right.

By the way, it can't hurt to do the chemical formula correctly : HCl



If only that were true, maybe you should spend more time spelling words like available correctly...

My point is that we all make mistakes, and everyone knew what i meant, so lets all play nice.
 #18 
Old 2002-12-15, 21:48
wolfhound wolfhound is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

quote:
Originally posted by Agent Boris_KGB:
I get my HNO3 from Pyrotek...


Are you in canada? Cause if so, how do u get stuff shipped?
 #19 
Old 2002-12-15, 22:02
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

I ship it to my cousin or friend who lives in the states...
 #20 
Old 2002-12-15, 22:15
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

hey, Agent, is there any way he would be able to sell to any of us? From what you are saying, he has some stuff that could be extremly useful to us.
 #21 
Old 2002-12-15, 22:16
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

Every time i go and order my Chemicals each week another one is put on the Banned List. Thanks to the initiative of the Deligated Legislators and the Parliamentry Scrutiny Committee of Britain, they decide that everyone will blow up the nearest buildings with anything thats a good oxidiser. So they fucking ban them...

Now i cant even get silica sand, i mean fucks sake. What can i do with silica sand. But there they are selling 200 mesh fucking magnesium, Potassium Perchlorate and sublime Sulphur..

What is wrong with the fucking system
 #22 
Old 2002-12-15, 23:15
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

It might not last too much longer in the US either at the rate things are going...



So I better stock up now!
 #23 
Old 2002-12-15, 23:38
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

lets face it i dont think they will let totse exist for another five years...

Patriot Rule
 #24 
Old 2002-12-17, 00:17
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

quote:
Originally posted by DeusExMachina:
Thats cool! I would buy chemicals but I don't have money right now so I am waiting a few more days. I will get:

acetone
HCL
nitric acid (where do I get this stuff from?)
ammonia
sulfuric acid


I am planning to make a lot of things with these like AP, nitrogen triiodide (need some tips on making small yields of it and how to handle/detonate safely) and, silver fulminate (genital warfare, tell me about your experience if you have made it yet)


I got my nitric acid at a jewlry store as a gold tester, 15ml for a buck fifty.

I got about 2-4 grams of Ag fulminate from which i started with .8 grams of silver.

I used about 7 ml of acid and droped in the silver, heated it with a alcohaul burner until all the silver had disolved, then when it is still hot(must be for good yeilds i made 2 batches the cold ones had about .1 grams on fulminate, hot had 2-4 grams) add it to ethyl alchohaul in an ice bath and the blue/green color should turn into a white cloud, leave this for 10-15 minutes and dump into a cup of cold water, the precipitate should be Silver fulminate.

CTR

 #25 
Old 2002-12-17, 00:20
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A visit today.

As for NI3 i havent made it yet, next time i go to the rite aid i will make it, they sell 40% iodine, lol.

CTR
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics