About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-14, 20:22
Aechean Aechean is offline
Regular
 
Default Online Blackpowder

I know you can buy black powder at the store, and would if there weren't such big Christmas shopper lines, but I would like to buy it right now online. Does anyone know online places that sell BP (even if they need I.D.)?
 #2 
Old 2002-12-14, 20:26
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online Blackpowder

http://www.Cabelas.com
 #3 
Old 2002-12-14, 20:53
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online Blackpowder

Thats to expensive...I get 5 lbs for 20 bucks....
 #4 
Old 2002-12-15, 01:22
themagmasher themagmasher is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online Blackpowder

Where the hell do u get 5 lbs of bp for 20 bucks. I get about 1 for that much.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-15, 04:15
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online Blackpowder

At the gun stores I've been to they don't even carry black powder. Pyrodex goes for about a buck an ounce, so actually making my own is cheaper in the long run. On a kind-of-related note, I got 50# of agricultural grade sulfur for free, the lady forgot to charge me for it. I also got a 3# Lortone tumbler from a local rock shop (for $63) so I am in biz-nass. Now if I could only get KNO3 somewhere besides stump remover...
 #6 
Old 2002-12-15, 04:34
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online Blackpowder

How much does the tumbler hold?
 #7 
Old 2002-12-15, 16:16
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online Blackpowder

3# Lortone tumbler
Translation:
Three Pound Lortone tumbler.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-15, 16:56
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online Blackpowder

Oh, that is a good price. I am going to go look around for a 1 1/2 pound rock tumbler today.

[This message has been edited by NickSG (edited 12-15-2002).]
 #9 
Old 2002-12-15, 17:00
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online Blackpowder

That's the same tumbler (the 3lb one) I'm planning on getting as soon as I get some more cash from xmas.

Plus I'm hoping to order some glassware today!

[This message has been edited by EP (edited 12-15-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-12-15, 17:09
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online Blackpowder

My last ball mill was 5lbs...The one I was working on before the accident was going to be a 10pound-er...I could have made some black powder with that....
 #11 
Old 2002-12-16, 00:15
Ion Ion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online Blackpowder

I didn't want to start a new topic so...how can I get a hydraulic press?
 #12 
Old 2002-12-16, 04:53
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online Blackpowder

Car parts store, junkyard, online...
 #13 
Old 2002-12-17, 03:29
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online Blackpowder

Ball mills ball mills, i remeber it was the first topic i replied to, warweed flamed me cuz i told a kewl to rent a cement truck to mill his bp in... he took it seriuosly.

At jewrly supply stores, in la, where i went i saw presses, chems, nitric acid, magnetic stirreers, ball mills, scales, everthing.

CTR
 #14 
Old 2002-12-17, 04:18
Ion Ion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online Blackpowder

quote:
At jewrly supply stores, in la, where i went i saw presses, chems, nitric acid, magnetic stirreers, ball mills, scales, everthing.


What's that supposed to mean?
 #15 
Old 2002-12-17, 08:25
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online Blackpowder

quote:
Originally posted by Ion:
I didn't want to start a new topic so...how can I get a hydraulic press?


Here...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics