About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-13, 22:08
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Crata maka'!!!

Any links to where I can find instructions for a crater maker? I've never made one before and might want to set some off fornew years. I'm making a huge fireworks display in this marsh to distract people from the city's puny attemt at a display.

Off the topic, some ideas I have are estes rockets loaded with payloads of large fireworks. YOu know those fireworks that are like a really big sparkler(shoot out sparkling stuff 10 feet in the air)?? I'm going to make a series of estes rockets loaded with a bunch of those, and am going to 'piggyback' a bunch of taped up firecrackers into the air. I basically want loud and attention grabbing works. Any suggestions would be nice.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-13, 22:11
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crata maka'!!!

quote:
Originally posted by JakeTakeoko:
Any links to where I can find instructions for a crater maker? I've never made one before and might want to set some off fornew years. I'm making a huge fireworks display in this marsh to distract people from the city's puny attemt at a display.


You cant find fuse or know how to make a cob but you will somehow make a better display than real pyrothechintions(sp sorry) i dont see how.

Its really not hard,
1. fill a co2 catride withpowder
2. add a fuse
3. glue

and your done, now you can show those pros whos boss.

CTR

 #3 
Old 2002-12-13, 22:22
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crata maka'!!!

ITs not just me. A bunch of other kids are helping, I'm just getting most of the supplies/stealing glory.

And first let me be correct. The 'CO2 canister "bomb"' is a crater maker???/???????? Heheh.. I invisioned a big piece of PVC pipe with a whole intricate making... Heh... Stupid of me. But thanks.

EDIT: AS for finding fuses, the south side of Boston doesn't have many gun shops. What am I saying, MASSACHUSETTS doesn't have many gun shops. But thanks for the clearup.. There goes the neighborhood.

[This message has been edited by JakeTakeoko (edited 12-13-2002).]
 #4 
Old 2002-12-13, 23:39
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crata maka'!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Genital-Warfare:
[QUOTE]now you can show those pros whos boss.

CTR




Hahahaha...

 #5 
Old 2002-12-14, 15:33
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crata maka'!!!

Does Massachusets have any fireworks at all? If so, you can steal fuses from them. You can also dissolve as much KNO3 in water as you can (making a saturated solution...) and soak some paper in it to make crappy homemade fuse. The best kind of paper is any kind that will hold a lot of water (and therefore KNO3).
 #6 
Old 2002-12-14, 16:09
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crata maka'!!!

yarn or cotton string work for me too.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-14, 16:39
Insomniac119 Insomniac119 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crata maka'!!!

Cratermaker, c02 'bomb', cob,.. it's all the same. And there not fireworks, and I wouldn't just lite them next to wherever the fireworks display will be, these things through shrapnell and there as deadly as a bullet. Don't be stupid.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-15, 14:45
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crata maka'!!!

I'm putting them in rockets and setting them off in the air. Thanks for the input though.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-15, 14:51
Insomniac119 Insomniac119 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crata maka'!!!

now thats a better idea.

bosten, ay? I go to the cape every year, it's hell during the summer
 #10 
Old 2002-12-15, 16:42
a1b2c3 a1b2c3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crata maka'!!!

In Massachusetts all fireworks are banned except those cheap novelty stuff like the snap 'n pops.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-15, 17:19
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crata maka'!!!

Alright the question has been answered, and it would have been better if you had searched.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics