About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-13, 20:36
Firewall Firewall is offline
Regular
 
Default Containment

The last three devices I have set off didn't even damage the casing. BP packed with some stars in a film canister, all that happended these three times is the fuse burns down and then an explosion followed quickly by the stars flying out of the fuse hole, obviously the hole is made bigger but the canister doesn't even split. I'm gonna have to glue the fuse in next time I guess.

Anyways, after Christmas I'm gonna have loads of pics for my site and hope you will all enjoy

-Firewall
 #2 
Old 2002-12-13, 20:48
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Containment

How can a star come out of a fuse hole? Unless the fuse hole is really damn big, or if the fuse hole gets eroded by the hot gas, I don't see it happening.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-13, 21:22
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Containment

quote:
Originally posted by DavidThePyro:
How can a star come out of a fuse hole? Unless the fuse hole is really damn big, or if the fuse hole gets eroded by the hot gas, .


You just answered your own question...

Make the hole smaller, glue it in, reinforce the casing, especially around the hole, with tape. Or use something better than a film container.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-13, 21:59
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Containment

so are you wanting the casing to be damaged or not? I dont want them to damage. Whenever i know i am going to make a mine, i always make a really tough tube, that way the tube doesnt damage that much, and i can use it over and over agian. A 1/8 inch thick tube with one end plugged with epoxy should last 3 or 4 explosions.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-14, 10:02
Firewall Firewall is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Containment

I said that obviously the fuse hole is made bigger by when the stars fly out. obviously the hole is made bigger So thanks EP and yeah I do want the casings to damage Nick, makes it all the more entertaining i think. Anyways I used a diffrent type of casing today and it worked a treat! Thanks everyone.

-Firewall
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics