About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-12, 23:03
JollyLenox JollyLenox is offline
Regular
 
Default Pyrotechnic Schooling

Does anyone know of a pyrotechnic school or what courses and classes you need to take to be a pyrotechnician.

Is anyone a pyrotechnician on this website?

 #2 
Old 2002-12-12, 23:16
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pyrotechnic Schooling

I want to get a handling license...I am not to sure though...
 #3 
Old 2002-12-13, 00:48
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pyrotechnic Schooling

There isn't a school to go to...probably the best way to learn is to get the books, and attend the seminars at PGI and other conventions. Also, take chemistry classes...

There are also display shooting courses that will teach you how to do it, but no official "school".
 #4 
Old 2002-12-13, 07:39
insertnamehere insertnamehere is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pyrotechnic Schooling

In big neon lights "USA'S finest Pyrotechnic School"
 #5 
Old 2002-12-13, 14:57
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pyrotechnic Schooling

i dont think there are any schools or univerities that have 2,3 or 4 year classes, but i know there are some kinds of classes that teach safety, how to handle pyrotechnic devices, and how to build them. I know that United Nuclear is one.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-13, 20:08
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pyrotechnic Schooling

Since when did UN have classes? I don't see anything about it on the site.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-13, 20:20
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pyrotechnic Schooling

they told me about it in on of their emails.
They say they arent open to the public, but they have tuaght a pretty good number of people. I just found out that you can work with them, even though i am not sure how old you have to be. They dont have it anymore, but they used to talk about where to send resumes.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-13, 20:52
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pyrotechnic Schooling

I've heard of a pryrotechnics school in Florida, but I doubt that it exists.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-14, 10:53
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pyrotechnic Schooling

My school will allow me to do work experense with a Pyrotech. Thats one hell of a class, or would be if i did it
 #10 
Old 2002-12-14, 15:09
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pyrotechnic Schooling

I'm thinking maybe at the high-school level, you can get a mentorship at a pyrotechnics company. I know people who've taken mentorship at law companies, computer companies, etc. So why not pyrotechnics?
 #11 
Old 2002-12-14, 15:17
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pyrotechnic Schooling

quote:
Originally posted by DavidThePyro:
I'm thinking maybe at the high-school level, you can get a mentorship at a pyrotechnics company. I know people who've taken mentorship at law companies, computer companies, etc. So why not pyrotechnics?
Im thinking of doing that as a cop in january, kinda ironic ehh.

CTR

 #12 
Old 2002-12-14, 18:15
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pyrotechnic Schooling

mexico has tonnes of pyrotechnic schools.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics