About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-06, 19:57
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default A Totse Desert Blast.

How about we organize a big event like a desert blast event...And have the members of totse and their friends attend?
http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum3/HTML/006389.html

I guess I could try and get a explosives license and other licenses so I can transport evrything legally...I mean everyone can chip in and have their own stuff...But most everything would be chemicals...I mean we can set up a little lab at the location we will choose and there we can build and put everything together...Like I said I can bring all my equipment and everything...If we were to do something like this we would have to do it like 3-5 years from now...That way we have time to organize and everything...I can work at getting licenses and I know that some people here are like 15 now so by then they can just drive themselves....Because I dont really feel like driving all over the country and picking up people with all the explosives and what not....Well what do you guys think about that?
 #2 
Old 2002-12-06, 20:07
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

Yeah that would be cool I will be able to drive in 3-4 years. What about the feds though? Wouldn't they have field day...
 #3 
Old 2002-12-06, 20:40
devoiced devoiced is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

well tey couldnt if he had licences for eveything like he said he would get right?
 #4 
Old 2002-12-06, 20:42
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

how old are you 6C? I dont have my drivers license yet, but i do have a restricted. If i did, i might would want to go somewhere. Chicago(where 6C is, i think) is where most of my freinds live. I have a lot of friends all over the place(the most in atlanta and phily). I would have no idea who to look for. You guys wouldnt have a problem, becuase i stand out from most(99 percent) of pyros. I few people know what it is already(like EP, warweed, and static.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-06, 20:54
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

quote:
Originally posted by NickSG:
You guys wouldnt have a problem, becuase i stand out from most(99 percent) of pyros. I few people know what it is already(like EP, warweed, and static.
What were you trying to say? do you know them personaly, ill be driving soon like days weeks mounths or years, whenever i haul my lazy ass to the dmv. an dish out 250 for drivers training.

In 3-4 years most of us will have gotten into the real world(i hope not!) and out of pyrotechnics. I will be starting my masters in medicine, chemical enginering, nuclear physics or pyrothecnics.

I think we should all meet in the middle of the us, in the midwest. Lots of open space and we could all meet in one spot.

CTR

 #6 
Old 2002-12-06, 20:59
devoiced devoiced is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

yeah thats what i was thinking. in 3-5 years people will be going to college and getting out of pyrotechnics. i wont because im still young but still :/ i like the midwest idea to but thats probably only because i live in the midwest, but still it makes sence
 #7 
Old 2002-12-06, 20:59
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

Im Black.

I live out in KCMO, and there aint that much room out here. maybe in kansas, i dont know, i am not in kansas that much.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-06, 21:12
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

It could be cool, but I think organization, transportation, and legal issues would make it VERY difficult...
 #9 
Old 2002-12-06, 21:19
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

Hmm.. 5 years, I'd be out of High-school, and by then, I'd just say I'm going to Las Vegas with a bunch of friends or something. The idea sounds kickass, but the name Totse Desert Blast has to go. Totse pyrofest 20xx ( xx=year goes here) sounds good. AS for a location, somewhere in nevada, new mexico, or arizona would be ideal. Thats an awesome idea, come to think of it!!!
 #10 
Old 2002-12-06, 21:22
Ion Ion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

Huh? Totse Desert Blast sounds like a good name...maybe it's just me.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-06, 21:39
devoiced devoiced is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

well only if your dure its going to be held in the desert
 #12 
Old 2002-12-06, 21:51
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

quote:
Originally posted by JakeTakeoko:
[B]The idea sounds kickass, but the name Totse Desert Blast has to go. Totse pyrofest 20xx ( xx=year goes here) sounds good. AS for a location, somewhere in nevada, new mexico, or arizona would be ideal. B]


Fucking hell no...If it does happen its not gonna be called a pyrofest...You can have yourself a pyrofest...I do agree about the desert thing...It'd be best to do it in a dryed up lake bed...
 #13 
Old 2002-12-06, 22:09
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

Chosen members only will get to go. No Kewls, dont want the risk factor to go up.
 #14 
Old 2002-12-06, 22:12
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

����You'll forgive me if I think this is about the dumbest idea any of you have come up with...

~Zero
 #15 
Old 2002-12-06, 22:22
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

quote:
Originally posted by Zero the Inestimable:
����You'll forgive me if I think this is about the dumbest idea any of you have come up with...

~Zero

Well it would have to be BIG i can picture all of us out there with shooting of 10 pound nap charges, i think its a very good although highly unfiesible idea.

CTR

 #16 
Old 2002-12-06, 22:22
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

i do already. it is gonna be near impossible figuring out where to meet, legal stuff, and discussing this on the internet, anyone could see it. Then some racist rapist comes along, and doesnt realize there will be many people there and i shoot his ass.
 #17 
Old 2002-12-06, 22:23
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

and we would have no control over who came. If it could only be the best of totse, i could imagine it being better than desert blast.
 #18 
Old 2002-12-06, 22:24
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSG
and we would have no control over who came. If it could only be the best of totse, i could imagine it being better than desert blast.
 #19 
Old 2002-12-06, 22:41
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

I dunno we have some pretty tight competition. I mean c'mon, who can compete with girls with no tops shooting machine guns!?
 #20 
Old 2002-12-06, 22:55
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

Maybe the real desert blast will happen... it says it wll be in NM, which is good for me seeing as I live here.
 #21 
Old 2002-12-06, 23:05
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

quote:
Originally posted by Zero the Inestimable:
����You'll forgive me if I think this is about the dumbest idea any of you have come up with...

~Zero



Thats your opinion and you can have it...I think its a somewhat good idea but a impossible idea at that...
 #22 
Old 2002-12-07, 03:08
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

well, when we are all old enough(i am not sure if there is a age limit), but we could all meet up at desert blast, like siad before, and all be wearing a totse shirt.

Oh yeah, about the naked girl shooting machine guns and giving people head, 6C and me will take care of all that. We got all the girls anyone could need.

[This message has been edited by NickSG (edited 12-07-2002).]

[This message has been edited by NickSG (edited 12-07-2002).]
 #23 
Old 2002-12-07, 03:23
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

You and 6C will be naked shooting machine guns and giving head??

CTR
 #24 
Old 2002-12-07, 03:25
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

hell no, we will get all the girls(hot) to come down and do that.
 #25 
Old 2002-12-07, 03:38
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

Sounds like a good time. Sounds like it's only legal in Mexico.
 #26 
Old 2002-12-07, 03:54
Insomniac119 Insomniac119 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

quote:
I think we should all meet in the middle of the us, in the midwest. Lots of open space and we could all meet in one spot.

Ya the midwest thats were I live, Kansas. The laws here arn't any more stricked then in other states, but it still may be too much even with a license, I don't know. But I do know I would go anyhow, I would get a ride from someone, I can't drive yet, maybe next year. The temperary lab sounds like another good idea too.


[This message has been edited by Insomniac119 (edited 12-08-2002).]
 #27 
Old 2002-12-07, 19:57
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

i live in KCMO(kansas city MO)
 #28 
Old 2002-12-07, 20:17
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

I think and abandoned airforce base or airport would be a suitible place if you okayed it with transport canada (for a canadain version that is) they tend to have a pretty good security plus i would minded standing around the gates letting people in while holding a .303 Mk1 on my sholder with a 9mm straped to my side ... hell i could even get alot of chicks that would come and shoot machine guns and play with flame throwers but i think there should be a mod of identification .. and this may be hard ... and only select people should be allowed in also with all the hazordous chemicals i do not think it would happen but you would have to have a whole team of licensed pyrotechnictions because the amature if hurt would draw a shit pile of legal problems

i vote we have a slect few say about 140 people tops! all people who know what there doing and no kewls no family memebers (they would have to stay on the other side of the gate and look throught the fence)


im all for setting off 10-20 lbs nap charges / fireballs/ areial sheels/ large fountains / smoke mixes/ salutes/ noviltys all that stuff.....


but it think it would take about 2-3 years as said to even start to cut the red tape the gov'r would put up
 #29 
Old 2002-12-08, 06:09
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

One word. Mexico.
 #30 
Old 2002-12-08, 07:32
Old Sammy Old Sammy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

Wow. Bang. Surprise!
 #31 
Old 2002-12-08, 13:42
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

Sounds cool. WE should rent a hot air balloon, fill it wiht hydrogen, wait for it to get high enough and turn the burners on. KA-FUCKING-BOOM!! The desert in Nevada is a good place, the only problem would be getting there. If we all make the trip, we can't have the big booms right next to a highway or Air Force base. It has to be clear away from any towns or citys too. Check out mapquest.com and look at maps of Nevada and arizona.
 #32 
Old 2002-12-08, 13:44
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

There are hundreds of dry lake beds out that way...
 #33 
Old 2002-12-08, 16:46
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

Ive always wanted to try a 55 gallon barrel full of anfo, but never had a decent blasting zone.......
 #34 
Old 2002-12-08, 17:17
Insomniac119 Insomniac119 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

what would we be setting off? shells? high explosives? anything we want?
 #35 
Old 2002-12-08, 17:59
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

if it works, whatever you build, you can set it off there.
 #36 
Old 2002-12-08, 17:59
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

i would have to say every thing but to keep it legal there would have to be some one licensed to prep it and then press the button or we would have to hide in a bomb shelter with video cams and such lol i dunno but there would be no legal way to manufacture and detonate it yourself i would have to say every one would have to just bring there chemicals and then we would have about 3 days out in the desert in making the explosives (the people with the licenes for legallity reasons) then a person who preps them and presses the button ... but how we going to do this ? via toggle switch and long long wire ? remote with receiver in a stron lock box with wire that you can flip every time the blast blows it to hell ?

remote radio detonation ? via modifyed pager ?
 #37 
Old 2002-12-08, 19:59
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

Best bet is either slow burning fuses, so we can get like.. 50 yards ( make it 100 for you whackos!) away into a bomb shelter. Anybody like on a farm or something where they have a backhoe or bobcat that ew can dig blasting holes/ bomb shelters with? Another idea is those estes rocket launch remotes. They ignit these little igniters( Two wires, connected to alligator clips wiht either charge. Where the wires meet togethor there is a little charge that detonates the engine)which ignite a charge and launch the rocket. WE could make a big ass rocket and load it up with 20+ engines strapped to it, set it off and When the engines make their discharge, it sets of loads of explosives. I wouldn't mind a 20 dollar entrence fee for any costs there might be. Fast cars are essential for a get away when the 5-0's show up.
 #38 
Old 2002-12-08, 20:38
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

i think that for the smaller things, like M-80s, quarter sticks, or any other small things should use a long peice of visco fuse, but the 10 gallon gasfireballs, and 55 gallon ANFO bombs should use Edet. and use at least 150 feet of wires.
 #39 
Old 2002-12-08, 21:01
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

If only this was posible...

*clicks heals 3 times*

CTR
 #40 
Old 2002-12-10, 04:40
bleedingme bleedingme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

Im way ahead of you all. A year or 2 after high school me and 3 friends are road trippin in my truck across canada (whoo hoo!)Sleepin in fields, tents, trucks. We're um...borrowing a sign from every province along the way. Lots of beer, meeting chics from every town, big bag of (BC)bud, and a big bag of fireworks and whatever else i will know how to build by then. We're just stopping in a open field in Saskatchuwan and lighting it all off. I think this totse meeting is pretty sweet but problem is there is a big chance it will all go up in one big explosion. All it takes is one retard explosion by bigger explosives. And plus you will never get an OK from the government. Still its a sweet dream. Keep working on it who knows it might work.
 #41 
Old 2002-12-10, 07:04
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

Do something kinda like what they did in "diary of a pyro".......
 #42 
Old 2002-12-10, 08:03
insertnamehere insertnamehere is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

yeh and get video clips and piccies
 #43 
Old 2002-12-10, 18:15
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

Holy fuck...What the hell was I thinking...There are to many damn kewls here and they would all end up coming...And plus its not possible Unless I get my BATF and other licences right when I turn 21 which is not gonna happen...If some of the regs on this board and I are still in contact with each other when that time comes...maybe....But damn what the hell was I smoking when I started this topic...
 #44 
Old 2002-12-10, 19:17
Insomniac119 Insomniac119 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

and it will probubley cost alot of money too, not a bad idea though
 #45 
Old 2002-12-10, 19:23
Insomniac119 Insomniac119 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

If it is people coming to the desert blast that you dont want to be there, then just email all the people you do want to be there when all of the things that need to be taken care of are, like licenses, a place, etc. I hope it does happen and I hope I could come because it would be an awsome road trip.

[This message has been edited by Insomniac119 (edited 12-10-2002).]
 #46 
Old 2002-12-10, 21:13
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

I was taking a shit when I visioned myself driving up to a booth and signing in. Get a list of all the members who are going and sign in. I wouldn't mind paying a small fee to help the cause.

Beer+explosive+ totse members=KA-FUCKING-BOOM
 #47 
Old 2002-12-10, 21:20
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

alcohol + M-80s = missing hands.
sex/head + M-80s= heaven
 #48 
Old 2002-12-10, 21:31
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

how old are you now? I graduate in 05. If you turned 21 in 05, and we had this the following summer, it would be the best grad party ever. I dont think it would cost that much for the people in the US. If we were going to go to new mexico or whatever(los alamos would be too small for this shit), even for people in canada it wouldnt xost that much. Maybe a 100 dollars back and forth.
 #49 
Old 2002-12-10, 22:03
Orochi Orochi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

We'd have to organize it just a little with maybe some certain blasting areas so half of us don't get blown up by napalm people are shooting in the air.
 #50 
Old 2002-12-11, 03:07
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

"But damn what the hell was I smoking when I started this topic..."

Good question...
 #51 
Old 2002-12-11, 03:26
d1pstick d1pstick is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

Since the idea to do this in the desert seems the best one, however, on site emergency support seems to have been forgotten. Don't you think you should have fire department and ambulance on site when you do all this craziness? From what I've heard, it costs money, but not all that much. Also, for those of you concerned about your postings on totse ruining your chances of getting a pyrotechnics license, I don't think you have much to worry about. All that they look at is whether you've been convicted or are on trial for a crime with a sentence of one year or more imprisonment and they make sure you're paying child support. Of course, they also check to see if you've ever been committed to a mental insitute, but I doubt many of you have. Before you go running off going "Woe is me! I shall never get my pyrotechnics license!", I recommend you do a search on getting licensed in your state. Damn. This means I have to wait another 5+ years till I turn 21.
 #52 
Old 2002-12-11, 18:41
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Totse Desert Blast.

quote:
Originally posted by Orochi:
We'd have to organize it just a little with maybe some certain blasting areas so half of us don't get blown up by napalm people are shooting in the air.


By the way, just wanted to comment on my friend over here. Orochi (Josh) is my pyro brother. YOu don't have to treat him like a kewl, n00b, or otherwise a new person.

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics