About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 1 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2002-11-29, 21:10
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Gasoline , Pipe ,And a Fuse

����I never said anything about KNO3. I was speaking strictly about the original plan: a pipe with some gasoline in it.
����With KNO3 mixed with the gasoline it would likely burn like a flare for a bit, but would be too slow to burst the pipe.

~Zero
 #2 
Old 2002-11-30, 04:30
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Gasoline , Pipe ,And a Fuse

All the chemical suppliers I know of are listed on this page.

Let me know if you know any more to add.

[This message has been edited by DavidThePyro (edited 11-30-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-11-30, 11:01
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Gasoline , Pipe ,And a Fuse

The pipe bomb you were thinking of, Hurley, is a good shot for a newbie. I remember my first 'bomb'. It was at the Boston HArbor Islands. I couldn't sneak any gasoline in my bag, so I used alcohol. I took a small, glas coke bottle, filled it with alcohol, left room at the top for air, used my knife to cut a small hole in the cap, inserted a fuse, an backed off. all that happened was it make some flames for a but, then I kicked it over and lit my shoes on fire... Ahh the good ol' days.

If you want a nice, cheap explosive, take everythign that you can find that is flamable (Alcohol, lysol, WD-40, Gasoline, motor oil etc) Mix it in a bucket and add cooking flour. Mix it togethor until you have a nice playdough like substance. Pull out a piece and light it. I found that if you use Alcohol(wintergreen for color effect), Lots of WD-40, Lysol, Any flamable air freshener, and nail polish remover, the flame will be small, then grows to 4 or 5 inches with a very small amount. I have appropriatly deemed this "Hittler's Jell-o". Just an inside joke...

So basically, Hurley, mix everythign you can find that is flamable, explosive or otherwise can bear a flame, and mix it togethor. Try putting it in a tennis ball and putting a fuse in it...
 #4 
Old 2002-11-30, 14:46
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Gasoline , Pipe ,And a Fuse

����You do realize that any one of those ingredients burned alone will do just as well if not better than the mixture you described?

~Zero
 #5 
Old 2002-11-30, 16:05
Firewall Firewall is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Gasoline , Pipe ,And a Fuse

Zero is right, as usal. Heh.

-Firewall
 #6 
Old 2002-11-30, 22:39
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Gasoline , Pipe ,And a Fuse

SAy what you want.. Or you can try it. Doubt you will, but It's fun to stick to walls and ignite. It's a poor man's plastic explosive.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-30, 22:56
devoiced devoiced is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Gasoline , Pipe ,And a Fuse

you could just spray the wall with WD-40 or just about anything else you put in this mixture and light it on fire just as easily
 #8 
Old 2002-12-01, 00:08
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Gasoline , Pipe ,And a Fuse

spraying WD-40 on a wall burns for like.. 15 seconds. If you get one pound of the shit I made, throw it at a wall and light it up, It will burn for at least a minute or more.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-01, 00:32
devoiced devoiced is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Gasoline , Pipe ,And a Fuse

wd-40 burns for a while, i sprayed it on a tree and lit it and i had to pour water on it so it wouldnt get to big
 #10 
Old 2002-12-01, 07:45
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Gasoline , Pipe ,And a Fuse

I think if i wanted to do something like that id make napalm. And also i tryed mixing kno3 with petrol. as someone else said once. it burns like normal fuel. when its finished all u are left with is a small pile of kno3. It doesnt react at all
 #11 
Old 2002-12-01, 14:34
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Gasoline , Pipe ,And a Fuse

quote:
Originally posted by JakeTakeoko:
SAy what you want.. Or you can try it. Doubt you will, but It's fun to stick to walls and ignite. It's a poor man's plastic explosive.


����I think you're mistaken. Plastic explosives, by definition, have to explode. All your mixture will do is waste a whole lot of otherwise useful household items and burn for a while.

~Zero
 #12 
Old 2002-12-01, 16:06
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Gasoline , Pipe ,And a Fuse

quote:
Originally posted by JakeTakeoko:
The pipe bomb you were thinking of, Hurley, is a good shot for a newbie. I remember my first 'bomb'. It was at the Boston HArbor Islands. I couldn't sneak any gasoline in my bag, so I used alcohol. I took a small, glas coke bottle, filled it with alcohol, left room at the top for air, used my knife to cut a small hole in the cap, inserted a fuse, an backed off. all that happened was it make some flames for a but, then I kicked it over and lit my shoes on fire... Ahh the good ol' days.


I think that your still there, with questions like Can i detonate AN with bp or a rocket?

CTR
 #13 
Old 2002-12-01, 18:57
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Gasoline , Pipe ,And a Fuse

Jake, I suggest that you do some thinking before you post things like your "poor mans plastic explosive" that doesn't even explode. And you misspelled "Hitler" as well.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics