About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-03, 20:28
silent_soul silent_soul is offline
Regular
 
Default Easiest Explosive

I have steel wool, shotgun shell powder (3 shells worth), 3 fuses, 3 empty CO2 canisters, birdshot from the shotgun shells, ball bearings, and wires. What the best explosive I can make, if I even can make one out of that stuff? I'm not looking to kill, but to blow the hell out of something or to prank someone. I want to keep everything pretty simple. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.
 #2 
Old 2002-11-03, 20:36
bmxr105 bmxr105 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

ok putt the smockless powder from the shells in one of the cartiges only after you put the fuse in. if you want you can ad the bird shot and ball bearings as shrapnell to blow whatever up better i'm not totally sure this will work with the smockless powder though it might not be powerful enough



[This message has been edited by bmxr105 (edited 11-03-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-11-03, 21:00
silent_soul silent_soul is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

I could use a fuse. But I have steel wool and wires. I was thinking about putting the steel wool and powder in the canister and attaching wires to the steel wool. Then I would attach a battery to the wire. Probably one of those larger 6 volts. This would ignite the steel wool, and in turn ignite the powder. Hows that? I'm just posting the questions because I want to see if anyone has any better ideas or suggestions.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-03, 21:04
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

get a film canister, put a fuse hole in it, put in fuse, crazy glue around fuse, fill canister with some powder, take cap and put glue around it, put cap on, let it dry and tape it up good.... use your imagination
 #5 
Old 2002-11-03, 22:50
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

Drill out the end of one of the CO2 cartridges first. Fill it with the smokless powder and insert a fuse. Tape or epoxy the fuse in place.

Smokeless powder doesn't offer the best performance in salutes and cratermakers but if you're lucky it will do. Otherwise you've made yourself a loud and very powerful rocket...

~Zero
 #6 
Old 2002-11-03, 23:36
silent_soul silent_soul is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

I'm going to ask a pretty stupid question now, but I'm only 14, so I'm pretty clueless. Could I fill the CO2 canister (12 grams) with gasoline? Then throw a fuse in it? It's the most abudant flammable liquid I can optain. All the powder I have isn't even enough to fill the canister. I also happen to have all the parts from the shotgun shells as well as the powder.

[This message has been edited by silent_soul (edited 11-03-2002).]

[This message has been edited by silent_soul (edited 11-03-2002).]
 #7 
Old 2002-11-03, 23:42
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

quote:
Originally posted by silent_soul:
Could I fill the CO2 canister (12 grams) with gasoline? Then throw a fuse in it?


YOU WISH! That will never work, dont waste a fuse. So until you can atomize it enough that it could explode, I have proven you wrong.


 #8 
Old 2002-11-03, 23:57
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

it wouldnt work because the gas needs oxygen to burn. It won't do anything
 #9 
Old 2002-11-03, 23:58
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

How can you prove him wrong if he is asking a question?

CTR
 #10 
Old 2002-11-04, 00:01
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

quote:
Originally posted by Genital-Warfare:
How can you prove him wrong if he is asking a question?

CTR




SHHHHUSH! I was just trying to be a smartass.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-04, 00:04
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

You would most likely need to epoxy the fuse in there if you're using the smokeless powder.

Gasoline will not explode. Gasoline vapors do, but not with much force and it would be pretty much useless in a CO2 cartrige. Just maybe if you mixed the gas with some KNO3 or some other oxidiser in a 3/1 oxidiser/gas ratio... I haven't tried that, anyone want to say if it would work or not?

[This message has been edited by DavidThePyro (edited 11-04-2002).]
 #12 
Old 2002-11-04, 00:09
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

quote:
Originally posted by DavidThePyro:
Just maybe if you mixed the gas with some KNO3 or some other oxidiser in a 3/1 oxidiser/gas ratio... I haven't tried that, anyone want to say if it would work or not?




I will go try it now.
 #13 
Old 2002-11-04, 00:31
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

I tried it. It was extremely hard to get the kno3 to dissolve in the gas. Even though it didnt not all dissolve, I still tryied it. The gas with dissolved kno3 just burnt like gas. The Kno3 soaked with gas also just burnt like gas.
 #14 
Old 2002-11-04, 14:06
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

Indeed. Gasoline will not function as a burst charge no matter what you do to it.

~Zero
 #15 
Old 2002-11-05, 02:09
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

Well, I never said it was a good idea... We all learned something, though.
 #16 
Old 2002-11-05, 20:17
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

God some of you people are stupid. Even after he says that he is looking to kill- you STILL tell him how to make explosive mechanisms, ones that throw off shrapnel on top of that....
 #17 
Old 2002-11-05, 20:34
bmxr105 bmxr105 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

my bad

 #18 
Old 2002-11-06, 21:34
silent_soul silent_soul is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

quote:
Originally posted by 6C:
God some of you people are stupid. Even after he says that he is looking to kill- you STILL tell him how to make explosive mechanisms, ones that throw off shrapnel on top of that....

If you read my original question, I said my intentions were to prank, and NOT to kill.

 #19 
Old 2002-11-06, 21:50
pRiMo_PyRo pRiMo_PyRo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

if your looking for shrapnel the cratermaker idea is the best use the smokeless powder and if it isnt enuff to fill the cratrige 3/4 of the way then use SAFTEY match heads for the rest the epoxy the fuse in gasoline belive it or not is not a magic substance but instead of the cratermaker idea you could use the bp to make a gasoline fireball with i belive eps site has plans for this but i may be mistaken
www.krimsonpyro.com then scroll down and click on the yellow thing that says EP on it

Edit: used a 's' instead of a 'z' in the url

[This message has been edited by pRiMo_PyRo (edited 11-06-2002).]
 #20 
Old 2002-11-06, 22:01
pRiMo_PyRo pRiMo_PyRo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

i redid my profile why isnt it showing up in my location field?!?
 #21 
Old 2002-11-06, 22:01
pRiMo_PyRo pRiMo_PyRo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

oh, there we go but the link doesnt work

Click Here!
 #22 
Old 2002-11-07, 01:10
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

quote:
Originally posted by silent_soul:
[QUOTE]
If you read my original question, I said my intentions were to prank, and NOT to kill.




Ohhh my bad.. I read your first post again and realize the error in my ways. So sorry about that.
 #23 
Old 2002-11-07, 02:42
pRiMo_PyRo pRiMo_PyRo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

As you should be!
 #24 
Old 2002-11-07, 16:47
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Easiest Explosive

Here beat me with this stick...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics