About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-25, 19:58
scaryscazz scaryscazz is offline
Regular
 
Default Striving for a better bomb

Hay Hay

I had my doubts of asking this because I am assuming that 50% of you will think that it is a dumb newbie�s question. I have read allot of texts on bombs and have found that they fall in to three categories: pathetic and useless pressure bombs, psychopathic and extreme, or too hard to get the materials. I have yet to find a good sound bomb that doesn�t involve two chemicals reacting and blowing something up due to pressure or involves me loosing several parts of my body.

Have you got any ideas or suggestions, and please don�t come up with �put gunpowder in a box and light it� because I have tried that but it does get a bit boring after a while. Thanks allot and help would be much appreciated.

Have fun
Scazz
 #2 
Old 2002-10-25, 20:16
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

You can get black powder, potassium nitrate and magnesium for flash powder, and other things you need for explosives, and you do not even need to be 18(the BP is from rocket engines).
 #3 
Old 2002-10-25, 20:17
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

well what do you expect my friend you don't want to make a pressure 'bomb' so thats no good and you don't want to make a 'bomb' that has the potential for you to lose body parts so that cuts it way way down and you don't want to go and search for chemicals


so basically you just awnsered your own question there is absolutly nothin you can make with ou risk or chemical reaction

you can make a CO� 'bomb' or you can make some small pipe bombs or some mini salutes or ummm lets see um some ammonium triiodide Acetone Peroxide ummm you can make lots of stuff just tell us more specifically what it is your looking for and what maerials you can get your hands on alos if you have access to Black Powder you can make some salutes or crater makers and other varous things just tell us what you got
 #4 
Old 2002-10-25, 20:21
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

quote:
Originally posted by scaryscazz:
that doesn�t involve two chemicals reacting and blowing something up due to pressure


ummmm what do you think a bomb does ... it bursts a case createing a booom and potential shrapnel and some times it is two or more chemicals it would not be a bomb if it did not involve chemicals every thing has chemicals in it and they all react producing a gas of some sort or or flame or what very you want to call that bursts a case createing its bang and it's explstion

now it is true some explosives do create a bang and do create explstion even if they are not confined but majority of LE's are not this way


BTW is flash considered a HE or a LE ???
 #5 
Old 2002-10-25, 20:25
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

I once thought like you my friend, but the good people of TOTSE showed me the light, they said to me "If I love pyrotechnics enough I will do what ever I can to meet my needs and cravings of toys that go boom" or something along those lines. How old are you? If your under 18 like me, look to the future, one day you will be old enough to purchase chemicals and bp etc, and one day you'll be able to get your hands on chemicals. Belive me, things will get better. Last month I thought i would be sitting here right now with no stash of pyro. But next month I will have fireworks with powder and crap like that.

What I'm trying to say is I'm bored, no one to talk to and that thingd will get better for your pyro life. Hope I have been of some help and I hope you will get chemicals or what ever your after. Good luck.

-FlameViper
*Flame looks at the time, 10:24pm. Shakes his head is despair knowing that Flame will be here another three hours"

Once again, goodluck. Warweed, do you have msn, ICQ or yahoo? You seem to be online the same time as me.

-FlameViper
 #6 
Old 2002-10-25, 20:25
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Retarded nerds consider it a HE, but it is a LE. The only bomb I can think of the doesnt have two or more chemicals involed are the dry ice bombs.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-25, 20:29
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Nick, not being a funny man here but I have nothing better to do that to point out that rocket engines don't contain BP, they contain pyrodex and here in the UK you have to be 18 to purchase them.

-FLameviper
*The time is 22:30, Flame has a long night ahead of him*
 #8 
Old 2002-10-25, 20:29
scaryscazz scaryscazz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Hay Hay

thanks guys, Ill make some flash powder. Supposing I was going to be more adventurous and risk my body, what are your favourites?

warweed12, you have prooved me wrong and I should have taken more care over what I wrote. For that I thank you. It was, as I suspected a dumbass post!

Mr Viper, you have also prooved it was a dumb post. Not only that, but your a funny guy.

thanks again
scazz
 #9 
Old 2002-10-25, 20:33
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

10:24, it is 4:30 over here in KCMO
you stupid hoe
you know that I got lots of dough
you try to steal my money like a little MoFo
you boy acting tough like hes got something to do
you aint doing nothin I got my glock in my pocket
do do anything, becuase I just cocked it
im gonna go up to you house
quiet as a mouse
betta take them pants off, and put on you blouse
im gonna leave you alone,
and go big pimpin at my home

Just a little of my freestyle.


 #10 
Old 2002-10-25, 20:33
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

I'm glad to be of help scaryscazz. Anytime you need help just ask.

-Flameviper
*Allas, the time is now 22:23 and Flame is still sitting infront of the computer screen. Will this guy ever stop talking about himself in the 3rd person?*
 #11 
Old 2002-10-25, 20:39
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Yes Nick, timezones are diffrent. My mistake sorry good chap.

-FV
*Flame pulls an AK-47 and put's Nick and his glock to shame*
 #12 
Old 2002-10-25, 20:40
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

it's 3:37 pm here and yah flame i got msn add me if you wish it is warweed12 at hotmail dot com same with any of you others you can add me if you wish
 #13 
Old 2002-10-25, 20:47
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

I don't have a favourite scaryscazz, i love all things fire.

-Flameviper
*22:47, Mr. Viper is indeed here until tommorow morning*
 #14 
Old 2002-10-25, 20:56
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

basically, you can't make anything because there is always the chance of you getting hurt


some good stuff that you can try out is triacetonetriperoxide (AP) or HMTD

there is a difference between triacetonetriperoxide and the dicyclo version, the dicyclo version is less stable and less powerful while the tricyclo is more powerful and more stable. You can make either one by making AP at a colder temperature or making it at a higher temperature. When it is at a colder temperature, it will form the tricyclo version but when made at high temperatures (higher then 5*C) it will turn out to be dicyclo. Thus, giving you a less stable substance.


Read and learn more about AP at http://roguesci.org/megalomania/explo/acetoneperoxide.html
 #15 
Old 2002-10-25, 21:44
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

'Hayay

I want to make a cool bomb like in movies but im too lazy. Is there an easier way> I already know how to make the anarcho bomb using a toilet paper roll and a stick of dynomite but I can't get the materialz@ Lowes doesnt sell dynamoe!!!!11111111'
 #16 
Old 2002-10-25, 21:48
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Flash powder is a low explosive yes.

*Yes, Flame is still here, the time is now 23:48 and Flame is very tired*

-Flame
 #17 
Old 2002-10-25, 21:59
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

quote:
Originally posted by warweed12:


BTW is flash considered a HE or a LE ???


This can depend on how it is lighted, fuse LE. Blasting cap HE. Also it is concidered an HE by the us no matter how it is lit.

CTR
 #18 
Old 2002-10-25, 22:03
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

quote:
Originally posted by 6C:
'Hayay

I want to make a cool bomb like in movies but im too lazy. Is there an easier way> I already know how to make the anarcho bomb using a toilet paper roll and a stick of dynomite but I can't get the materialz@ Lowes doesnt sell dynamoe!!!!11111111'



hehehe god i love this
 #19 
Old 2002-10-25, 22:18
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

I've become very partial to soda bottle bombs as of late. A few tablespoons of black powder in a clean and dry two liter soda bottle will net you one loud but relatively safe explosion.

~Zero
 #20 
Old 2002-10-25, 22:29
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Yeah, I remember you telling us about those two squad cars circuiling your street after you let one off Zero!

-FV
*Flames looks at the time reading 00:29, he is very tired at this stage*
 #21 
Old 2002-10-25, 23:14
pRiMo_PyRo pRiMo_PyRo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

quote:
Originally posted by The Flame Viper:

*Flame pulls an AK-47 and put's Nick and his glock to shame*



First you knock the bud then the glock?!? whats up ? there is no better handgun then the glock its light and reliable plus it sounds just neat-o but if your going to assault rifles ill stick to my mp-5 and silence that motherfucker you fire i hear you find you , and kill you you hear me and dismiss it as a car in the distance unless the bullet hits you or around you
 #22 
Old 2002-10-25, 23:16
pRiMo_PyRo pRiMo_PyRo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

and scazzo or whatever the soda bottle bomb zero mentioned above is a good start especially if you just want a 'boom' but you could also make a dryice and water noisemaker...
 #23 
Old 2002-10-25, 23:24
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Flame, when correcting someone, please make sure you know what you are talking about as Estes type motors don't contain Pyrodex, and they do contain bp. Which happens to be what he said in the first place. Anyway, in the USA, you need a high explosives user permit to make flash powder. The BATF considers it a mixing of high explosives instead of the actual manufacture of high explosives (nice fuzzy logic there).
 #24 
Old 2002-10-25, 23:29
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Well, what can I say but sorry. An estes engine i had contained pyrodex not bp. Anways primo, how come you aint on msn?

-Flameviper
 #25 
Old 2002-10-25, 23:33
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Quote:you need a high explosives user permit to make flash powder. Like we give a shit. All the guys on here make it whether or not they have a permit, lol.

-FV
 #26 
Old 2002-10-25, 23:35
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Well, I'm still on... so how exactly did you make the determination that it was Pyrodex instead of bp?
 #27 
Old 2002-10-25, 23:43
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

quote:
Originally posted by pRiMo_PyRo:
First you knock the bud then the glock?!? whats up ? there is no better handgun then the glock its light and reliable plus it sounds just neat-o but if your going to assault rifles ill stick to my mp-5 and silence that motherfucker you fire i hear you find you , and kill you you hear me and dismiss it as a car in the distance unless the bullet hits you or around you
You have no clue about hand guns,
Les Bear, benelli, berretas, para's, H&K, MRI, Kimber, just to name a few better guns.
The ar15 is a better gun in my opion to the mp5 also.

CTR

 #28 
Old 2002-10-25, 23:46
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

quote:
Originally posted by DavidThePyro:
Flame, when correcting someone, please make sure you know what you are talking about as Estes type motors don't contain Pyrodex, and they do contain bp. Which happens to be what he said in the first place. Anyway, in the USA, you need a high explosives user permit to make flash powder. The BATF considers it a mixing of high explosives instead of the actual manufacture of high explosives (nice fuzzy logic there).


They used to have pyrodex now they have bp, who cares.

CTR
 #29 
Old 2002-10-25, 23:50
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Yes Warfare is right, who cares? Besides your are in the USA i'm UK. We have diffrent laws. One thing I no that the estes engine i got my uncle to buy contained pyrodex, now lets not have a flame war over this.

-FV

[This message has been edited by The Flame Viper (edited 10-25-2002).]
 #30 
Old 2002-10-25, 23:58
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

From "A collection of pyrotechnic compositions:"

ESTES C-class rocket engine propellant
Source: rec.pyrotechnics, Composition from 1994 US Dept. of Labour Material Safety Data Sheet.
Comments:
Preparation:

Potassium nitrate.................................71.79
Sulfur............................................13.45
Charcoal..........................................13.81
Dextrin...........................................0.95
 #31 
Old 2002-10-26, 00:09
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Sorry David but I am very tired at the moment as the time is 02:07am, yes I belive that BP is found in estes rockt engines but I found that a engine I purchased contained pyrodex, now for fucks sake lets stop arguing and get on as fellow pyro's.

Seeyou guys in the morning, shit this is the morning.DOH.

-FV
By the way David, did you get permission from rec.pyrotechnics to post that information on here? I hope so. lol. Good night all.

[This message has been edited by The Flame Viper (edited 10-26-2002).]
 #32 
Old 2002-10-26, 00:14
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

quote:
Originally posted by DavidThePyro:
From "A collection of pyrotechnic compositions:"

ESTES C-class rocket engine propellant
Source: rec.pyrotechnics, Composition from 1994 US Dept. of Labour Material Safety Data Sheet.
Comments:
Preparation:

Potassium nitrate.................................71.79
Sulfur............................................13.45
Charcoal..........................................13.81
Dextrin...........................................0.95


Hmm, i saw dextrin.......

CTR
 #33 
Old 2002-10-26, 02:21
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

An ak 47 is a pellet gun compared to my twin glocks(.40), and my 8 guage shotgun. I wouldnt ever use them on someone though.
 #34 
Old 2002-10-26, 02:40
pRiMo_PyRo pRiMo_PyRo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

quote:
Originally posted by Genital-Warfare:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pRiMo_PyRo:
[b] First you knock the bud then the glock?!? whats up ? there is no better handgun then the glock its light and reliable plus it sounds just neat-o but if your going to assault rifles ill stick to my mp-5 and silence that motherfucker you fire i hear you find you , and kill you you hear me and dismiss it as a car in the distance unless the bullet hits you or around you

You have no clue about hand guns,
Les Bear, benelli, berretas, para's, H&K, MRI, Kimber, just to name a few better guns.
The ar15 is a better gun in my opion to the mp5 also.

CTR

[/B][/QUOTE]

i have a bit of a clue and beyond that an opinion that i am entitled to, and i would take size and stealthness over a big rifle even if it could be comprable to the M-16 (ar_15 is just the civi version, right?)
i love the glock over your choice list of guns plus the shape is nice too but thats just me

 #35 
Old 2002-10-26, 06:18
Burgalveist Burgalveist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

someone whould move this to weapons and combat if you people are going to keep arguing about guns.
 #36 
Old 2002-10-26, 10:16
scaryscazz scaryscazz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Hay Hay

Well-said Burgalveist!! Back on to bombs and flash powder, what is the best formula for it as I have heard of many different ones? Should I use black powder, potassium nitrate and magnesium or potassium perchlorate? Thanks again!

Have Fun
Scazz
 #37 
Old 2002-10-26, 10:34
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

70/30 Flash Powder

Potassium Perchlorate 70 %

Aluminum Powder 30 %
www.unitednuclear.com

-Flame
 #38 
Old 2002-10-26, 14:40
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Im gonna have alot of 70/30 by Nov. 8 and some whisle mix also.
(oh yeah primo i have more posts than you)

CTR
 #39 
Old 2002-10-26, 17:12
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

60 percent KNO3
40 percent 400 mesh magnesium dust is a really good flash powder, and it gives a deep boom when most of the time, the 7/3 give a bang. I like the boooms better, so i prefer the 6/4. You could use black powder, it is really good in salutes.
 #40 
Old 2002-10-26, 18:06
scaryscazz scaryscazz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

This boom or bang, I don't understand how it works; surly it is just a rapid combustion of gasses? If so how would that cause a bang?

While I am posting, is KNO3 just potassium nitrate except with an extra electron on the oxygen atom? And what is the deal with 400 mesh or 600 mesh? Is it just how fine it is ground up or is it to do with purity?
Thanks allot!

Have fun
Sazz
 #41 
Old 2002-10-26, 18:08
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

I use black powder in salutes all the time. Do it right and it works just as well as anything else.

~Zero
 #42 
Old 2002-10-26, 18:16
scaryscazz scaryscazz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

As we are on the subject, when making salutes should you pack the powder in tighly or loosly? I made some and found that my bomb blew up, but not all of the bp burnt.

So many questions, so few answers!

have fun
scazz

 #43 
Old 2002-10-26, 18:17
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

See everyone, if you would actually try BP, you would notice it works really, really good in salutes, just under flash powder.

Mesh is how fine a powder is. 1 mesh is 1 inch, 4 mesh is 1/4 inch across, and 600 mesh is 1/600 inch in diameter.

Bang or boom is just a way to describe the sound of an explosion. Some are deeper sounding that eachother, so i say is is a boom. if it is a higher pitched explosion, i say it is a bang.
 #44 
Old 2002-10-26, 18:19
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

You should fill the container about 3/4 full, and do not pack it. You could fill it all the way up, but the plug takes up some room, so the powder would be packed if you filled it all the way up, and salutes arent as good with packed powder.
 #45 
Old 2002-10-26, 18:25
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Fuck, when I said to use BP in a salute on my site everyones like "BP sucks in salutes" but because Zero says it's works well everyone is now like "Yeah BP rules man"

No offence to anyone but I just don't feel good. Have you made anything yet scryscazz?

-FV
 #46 
Old 2002-10-26, 18:27
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Yeah, everyone but ME! I was the only one that was saying that BP works really good, until now, Zero is saying it now too.
 #47 
Old 2002-10-26, 18:32
scaryscazz scaryscazz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

thanks very much, allot of things now make sence!!

If you went to a hardware store and asked for 400 mesh aluminium, would they stoke it? I can actualy see the need for ground up aluminium other than making chemical reaction.

Also the bang, I cant see how the bang is created; in salutes I thaught the bang was created when the tubing blew apart? If something is burnt in open air, I can't see how this would create a bang.

No flame haven't made the flashpowder, but I did stop by at the pool shop and braught some potassium perchlorate.

Have you tried sodium in acid, not water, It works 100000 times better and this I have tried! other than bp in a matchbox, it is the only thing I have tried.


Have fun
Scazz
 #48 
Old 2002-10-26, 18:36
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Have you ever lit an M-80, or a blackcat firecracker. The M-80 explodes with a deep boom, while the blackcat explodes with a high pitch bang. It is like comparing a school girl to me. I talk with a really deep voice, and a schoolgirl talks with a high pitched voice.
They probably might sell you the 400 mesh aluminum, but if not, just empty out a etch a sketch, they have 500 mesh aluminum powder.
 #49 
Old 2002-10-26, 18:39
scaryscazz scaryscazz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

Blimy,

You post 20 times, get cocky and forget to spell check!! That post made no sence at all! Umm I'll correct the mimimum now to make it readable.

"I CAN'T actually see the need for ground up aluminium other than making chemical reaction."

"No flame *I* haven't..."

um, I wont correct the rest as it now makes the it readable.

Not only that, but you don't edit!

have fun and sorry
Scazz


[This message has been edited by scaryscazz (edited 10-26-2002).]

[This message has been edited by scaryscazz (edited 10-26-2002).]
 #50 
Old 2002-10-26, 18:42
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Striving for a better bomb

I didnt know what you were doing at first.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics