About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-14, 21:27
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default ethyl ether

Do I really need it to make AP? I have searched everywhere and I can't find anywhere that tells me where to find it

please tell me because I am almost ready to make it and I have to know
 #2 
Old 2002-10-14, 21:45
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ethyl ether

You don't need alcohol at all to make AP - Just acetone, a mineral acid, hydrogen peroxide, and water to wash it. Some sodium bicarbonate helps in this, but that should be about all you need...

~Zero
 #3 
Old 2002-10-14, 21:58
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ethyl ether

oh shit... ethyl ether is alcahol? when i searched it up on google it was showing stuff about how dangerous it is


I am sorry for the stupid question...
 #4 
Old 2002-10-14, 22:17
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ethyl ether

Zero wont you need an acid as a catalist??

CTR
 #5 
Old 2002-10-15, 00:12
P_Dub_Pyro P_Dub_Pyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ethyl ether

quote:
Originally posted by Zero the Inestimable:
You don't need alcohol at all to make AP - Just acetone, a mineral acid, hydrogen peroxide, and water to wash it. Some sodium bicarbonate helps in this, but that should be about all you need...

~Zero




[This message has been edited by P_Dub_Pyro (edited 10-15-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-10-15, 01:06
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ethyl ether

Ahh right over my head, sorry

CTR
 #7 
Old 2002-10-15, 21:03
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ethyl ether

Didn't you write a synth on how to make it?
 #8 
Old 2002-10-15, 21:05
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ethyl ether

ethyl ether is alcohol but it isn't booze. You can't use Vodka or anything like that.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-15, 21:06
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ethyl ether

I did but then I was told to do the safe thing and read magnomania's(sp?) synthesis and I didnt know what ethyl ether was...
 #10 
Old 2002-10-15, 21:08
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ethyl ether

Ok guys a heads up: ethyl ether is not alcohol it is a totally different chemical. Very dangerous it can knock you out and it is very flammable such that it will fill a room with vapor and explode. it also forms non volatile peroxides that are explosive.

Using ether in a reaction that has hydrogen peroxide will make very unstable diethyl peroxide which will most likely kill you.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-15, 21:13
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ethyl ether

Ahh shit. Thanks man!

I feel really stupid now...
 #12 
Old 2002-10-16, 00:40
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ethyl ether

And just if any of you don't know, THIS is the link to the AP synth.

Edit: ahhh! stupid ubb code...

[This message has been edited by DavidThePyro (edited 10-16-2002).]
 #13 
Old 2002-10-19, 20:22
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ethyl ether

Shit I keep getting the 403 ERROR when I try to go on any part of the site.
 #14 
Old 2002-10-19, 20:39
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ethyl ether

Mega's site and forum are temporarily member-only access now because of all the "rc" crap.
 #15 
Old 2002-10-19, 20:55
Aaron-V2.0 Aaron-V2.0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ethyl ether

Here, since a lot of members here are getting the 403 message when accessing E&W and Mega's site I put a few synths onto my site (No editing was done, all information is exactely the same as the original!) just the pictures dont work.

The synths available are:

Acetoneperoxide
HMTD
Nitrogen Triiodide
Nitrogen Chloride
Mercury Fulminate
Silver Fulminate
Nitroglycerin
Nitrostarch

It's at http://aaronewf.tripod.com

EDIT: And the reason that ethanol/methanol is suggested for washing the AP is that it evaporates faster than water, thus AP washed with water, methyl, water and finally methyl then put on a plate to dry will be dry faster than if it was washed last with water.

[This message has been edited by Aaron-V2.0 (edited 10-19-2002).]
 #16 
Old 2002-10-20, 02:05
Aechean Aechean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ethyl ether

Methyl and methanol are poisonous by the way. Just for safety's sake, I'm going to make sure everyone (escpecially newbs) realize how dangerous nitrogen trichloride and nitrogen triiodide are. They explode for no reason. A feather will set them off. There. And ethyl ether is just to make it dry faster, but its not needed.
 #17 
Old 2002-10-20, 02:08
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ethyl ether

ok, thanks a lot guys.


I am going to try and get some more materials tomorrow...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics