About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-14, 18:41
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default stuff in my fireworks...

thefireworks that I buy are wierd... one type has finely powdered black powder and some clay and another one has a small thing in it when I open it up... I don't know what it is

it has a casing that is 2 inches tall and it has a wall of about 3mm

it has no caps on the side and has a fuse that is about half a centimetre

the stuff that is in there is orange-red and is solid

I gave one to my friend to light and when he lit it, it made HUGE noise and a big explosion

the noise was like a gun shot

what's inside of this?

EDIT: it has a lable that says "DANGER DO NOT LIGHT. HAND TO LOCAL POLICE FOR DESTRUCTION"

[This message has been edited by DeusExMachina (edited 10-14-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-10-14, 19:21
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

oh you mean this?


It's a warning just incase it's a dud and does not go off.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-14, 19:36
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

damn, Rat_Bastard... why do you always have the answer to everything? lol

do you know whats in it?
 #4 
Old 2002-10-14, 19:41
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

Flash powder? Gun Powder? Probably flash powder.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-14, 19:42
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

Well holy shit, thats got to be the funnyest thing ive ever seen, i would bet it is black powder, but only rat can know for sure.

CTR
 #6 
Old 2002-10-14, 22:27
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

quote:
Originally posted by Genital-Warfare:
Well holy shit, thats got to be the funnyest thing ive ever seen, i would bet it is black powder, but only rat can know for sure.

CTR


Nah, the black stuff below it is, but inside the arial salute is flash powder ive taken one apart.

 #7 
Old 2002-10-14, 23:10
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

Well my bad just a guess never taken one apart.

CTR
 #8 
Old 2002-10-14, 23:10
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

This is a classic Canadian airbomb. Fires shell in the air and BOOOM!!
The shell capsule is full of flash powder, thats what makes it so loud.

The warning is to ensure if by the slim chance that an airbomb shell fires out and does not go off, that a kid wont find it and try to relight it.

It makes perfect sense because the delay fuze is like 1 1/2 seconds.

The black coarse powder is the lift charge (BP).

[This message has been edited by Rat_Bastard (edited 10-14-2002).]
 #9 
Old 2002-10-15, 00:57
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

It's not fair that Canadians get airbombs and we can't get them here in the States...
 #10 
Old 2002-10-15, 01:10
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

I have seen plenty of aereal salutes at fireworks stands. Of course they are homemade, and they are illegal. They are easy to make anyways, but I would much rather it be like canada, where they are cheap and legal.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-15, 01:12
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

not fair? NOT FAIR?

rockets, bottle rockets, snaps, smoke bombs(WTF???), firecrackers, helicopters, bees, bloom flowers, jumping jacks, reloadable shells are all illegal in Canada!!

Not to mention we have like no novelty fireworks, such as race cars, tanks, aircraft carrier, cold war ethics ect.

We don't even fucking have morning glories, or multicolored sparkalers!


[This message has been edited by Rat_Bastard (edited 10-15-2002).]
 #12 
Old 2002-10-15, 01:51
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

Yes, I know we get way more stuff than you, but if you get something we should get it too since we already have everything else!
 #13 
Old 2002-10-15, 07:36
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

I know how u feel rat..the only fire works i can buy are sparklers (non coloured of course) and fucking party poppers.
 #14 
Old 2002-10-15, 11:15
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

when its canada day for me, there are booths everywhere in parking lots of plazas selling fireworks so I can buy fireworks from there


when I need BP, I go to that nice little dollar store that has a shitload of BP in their fireworks

This isn't much but I can also get those things that you throw on the ground and they snap...
 #15 
Old 2002-10-15, 13:55
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

1 out of 3 firework tents have M-80s every fourth of july. They are not that rare over here.
 #16 
Old 2002-10-15, 20:28
bmxr105 bmxr105 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

rat_basterd-the most populated areas in the US can't buy any fireworks, i.e. the big cities, even in the small city of wichita we can't get black cats, bottle rockets, m-80-even though they're fake-, artillary shells, etc. so don't act like we're all privlidged down here or something
 #17 
Old 2002-10-15, 20:32
bmxr105 bmxr105 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

i forgot to ad bloom flowers, roman candles, and bird bombs
 #18 
Old 2002-10-15, 20:32
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

h
quote:
Originally posted by DeusExMachina:
the noise was like a gun shot



Hell no, did you ever shoot a gun? They are much louder than a flash powder based salute.
 #19 
Old 2002-10-15, 20:34
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

quote:
Originally posted by EP:
It's not fair that Canadians get airbombs and we can't get them here in the States...


Uh oh
 #20 
Old 2002-10-15, 20:35
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

quote:
Originally posted by 6C:
h Hell no, did you ever shoot a gun? They are much louder than a flash powder based salute.



actually, yes...

I have my firearms and hunters license so ya... I do know what I am talking about
 #21 
Old 2002-10-15, 20:37
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

quote:
Originally posted by bmxr105:
rat_basterd-the most populated areas in the US can't buy [b]any fireworks, i.e. the big cities, even in the small city of wichita we can't get black cats, bottle rockets, m-80-even though they're fake-, artillary shells, etc. so don't act like we're all privlidged down here or something[/B]


M-80s aren't fake. People sell fake M-80s but aren't fake. Well if they were fake, fake what? Anyways, I know what you mean. I cant buy anything, not even around July4!
 #22 
Old 2002-10-15, 20:38
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

quote:
Originally posted by DeusExMachina:

actually, yes...

I have my firearms and hunters license so ya... I do know what I am talking about



For some reason I doubt that...
 #23 
Old 2002-10-15, 20:49
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

quote:
Originally posted by EP:
It's not fair that Canadians get airbombs and we can't get them here in the States...


I do get them here, from Missouri. They have just become illegal this last fourth of July, but are still readily available, because of the supply they still have. They are nearing $2 a piece. I bought a 25 shot "Thunderking" they are called here for $25 thats alot cheaper. Only $1 a shot. Thats $1 for a little bp, a tube, & a short fused m-80. That is not bad compared to the m-80's $2 tag.
 #24 
Old 2002-10-15, 21:10
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

quote:
Originally posted by 6C:
For some reason I doubt that...



now why the motherfuck would you doubt it? why dont you think that I have my license?


[This message has been edited by DeusExMachina (edited 10-15-2002).]
 #25 
Old 2002-10-15, 22:06
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: stuff in my fireworks...

quote:
Hell no, did you ever shoot a gun? They are much louder than a flash powder based salute.


Depends on the gun and the salute... You can easily make a salute much louder than a .22 for example.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics