About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-10, 02:19
draggo draggo is offline
Regular
 
Default Crushed up screamers

All of us who live in Canada know that haloween means fireworks. Canadas haloween is like Americas July 4th, most of the kids in my high school crush up screamers with a hammer, tape them up, and they make a boom. Isn't this pretty unsafe Because you not suppose to ram, grind or crsh whistle mix? Of course I could be totally wrong and whistle mix isn't even in screamers. If you don't know, screamers are also called zingeroos,hummeroos,screechers screecheroos,piccalo petes etc. I usually have my homemade stuff for haloween though.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-10, 02:37
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

I know them all to well

The most common and effective mod is tape up first and pinch the tube with some pliers to break up the whistle mix.

I have seen them all: zingeroos,hummeroos,screechers screecheroos,piccalo petes etc. and I have never had any whistle mix that exploded from impact. I grind it like crazy in a mortar and pestel, and its not sensitive.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-10, 02:44
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

***SPECIAL REPORT***

I forgot to say, but I have noticed(and some of you may have too) a design change in a lot of whistiling fireworks.


The one on the left is the old model, and the one on the right is the new model. They put in the extra clay to thwart that common "compacted" modification, and to stop them from flying.

 #4 
Old 2002-10-10, 02:49
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

That's lame that they are changing them...

Whistle is definetly more sensitive than something like bp, but I wouldn't be too worried. I don't recomment using a hammer on it, like Rat said, I find pliers to be the best method. From there the chunks can be gently crushed.

Too bad we don't get fireworks in the US for Haloween!
 #5 
Old 2002-10-10, 02:52
draggo draggo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

thanks rat, what do you recommend, cut the screamers in half or just crush them and leave them that way.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-10, 12:40
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

Count yourselves lucky, then. In my area we don't get fireworks for spit - Everything, up to and including sparklers are illegal.

~Zero
 #7 
Old 2002-10-10, 14:16
Chan Man Chan Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

you guys don't get fire works on halloween in the us. thats fukin halarious. the cops in my town ligalize all of them on halloween

 #8 
Old 2002-10-10, 19:10
Burgalveist Burgalveist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

The tnt brand of piccolo petes are completely full of whistle. So you can do the compact method or the rocketing method, if you can, try and get those.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-10, 19:58
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

hell i tested it i throw 40 pound slabs of cement on top of my screecheroos and have yet to have one ignite i hit them with hammers and put thme through the worst possible abuse i have never had one go off im pretty sure your safe man
 #10 
Old 2002-10-10, 20:12
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

Flash powder is way overrated. 7/3 uses the same oxidizer as whistle mix, and aluminum is much, much harder to ignite than sodium benzoate, so stop saying" oh yeah, I am a fucking nerd, and flash powder will go off with a small fucking bump" OHHHOUUUOOOO Im a fucking retard that doesnt know shit about flash powder and but ilike to pretend that i made flash powder becuase my name is dsithgs;jgn and i am a kewl. SHUT THE FUCK UP!

I am going to be a stand up.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-10, 21:14
draggo draggo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

still wondering, cut them then crush them or crush them as is. Where do you live zero new york?

[This message has been edited by draggo (edited 10-10-2002).]
 #12 
Old 2002-10-10, 21:15
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

quote:
Originally posted by Zero the Inestimable:
Count yourselves lucky, then. In my area we don't get fireworks for spit - Everything, up to and including sparklers are illegal.

~Zero

Same here you cant even make campfires in camp grounds.

CTR

 #13 
Old 2002-10-11, 02:45
Burgalveist Burgalveist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

Nick, noone has posted any flash powder stuff in here...
Are you taking any prescribed medications?
 #14 
Old 2002-10-11, 04:15
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

Burg, you haven't been here long enough to know what he's talking about.
 #15 
Old 2002-10-11, 05:49
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

Nick... wow. Theres no reason to go haywire because of whatever's on the forums. About the screamers, I would think you're safe, but as always, don't do anything that you don't really need to do because thats how accidents happen...

A note to 6C: I am STILL HERE. Just to prove you wrong, too.
 #16 
Old 2002-10-11, 19:08
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

I was just playing around.
 #17 
Old 2002-10-12, 01:58
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

What are you talking about Dave?
 #18 
Old 2002-10-13, 17:01
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crushed up screamers

Sorry, I had just remembered the post where you said I'd be gone by the end of the month, and I got a bit miffed...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics