|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-10-09, 01:10
|
ExplosiveMango 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Sulphur
Ok, I actually did get responses on where to find usable sulphur, thanks...
In the mean time I did some chemistry research (more looking at a periodic table and solubility/formation energy chart than actual research) and realized you could easily create pure sulphur by reacting a shulphide salt and a non-metal with a higher electron affinity (chlorine, for example).
I suggested this idea to my chem teacher and he said it would work under most circumstances.
If this is true it's probably already common knowledge, since it came so easy to me... oh well, might help someone.
(if this idea wouldn't work for whatever reason I'd appreciate it if someone let me know before I try it)
|
|
#2
 2002-10-09, 03:46
|
Genital-Warfare 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Sulphur
I have lots of knolage of chemistry but i never knew sulpher could make a salt, salts =A halogen and a metal, chorine wouldnt be a good idea for that cuz if you breath it it will cause the pokets in your lungs to collapes and you will drown in your own bloob, nasty stuff.
CTR
|
|
#3
 2002-10-09, 09:54
|
ExplosiveMango 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Sulphur
By a salt I simply meant sulphur in an ionic compound.
Although I haven't looked I'm sure it would be fairly easy to find some composite sulphur... the Chlorine wouldn't be dangerous if you did the reaction in water and created a water soluble product...
For example Copper(II)Sulphide and Chlorine will produce water soluble Copper(II)Chloride and insoluble Sulphur...
(assuming this reaction can be done under water... you might have to use hydrochloric acid? I had the idea that Chlorine could be dissolved in water without it reacting...)
|
|
#4
 2002-10-09, 13:09
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Sulphur
You wouldn't have to go through all that trouble. You can buy sulfur at any gardening shop or agricultural supplier, no questions asked, no funny busiess.
I pay about three bucks for a five pound bag. Your mileage may vary.
~Zero
|
|
#5
 2002-10-09, 17:05
|
tryptamine 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Sulphur
Sure that reaction would work but Copper sulphide is not exactly easy to come by. Copper sulphate, sure, but it won't work for this. Sulphides are not common chemicals. Save chlorine replacements for the chemists and do as zero said: Go buy some sulphur at the store. Easy unwatched, no problem. Or buy some from me, I'll barely make a profit.
|
|
#6
 2002-10-09, 20:22
|
6C 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Sulphur
I agree with Zero.
P.S. Zero in the A-FILES one of the synths recomends dumping water into your solution if it starts getting violent. That wouldn't help much, you gotta change it so it says to dump your mixture into water.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|