About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-07, 23:15
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Some oxygen I borrowed

I borrowed some oxygen 1,2,& 3 from school. Its called dissolved oxygen.
The O1, & O2 are in packets, & the O3 is in a little powder pillow so to speak. Its all a white powder. If any of you could tell me possibly what this is, I would appreciate it. I have a pic if you would like to see it. (this message is not of great importance so it will soon be deleted to save space)
 #2 
Old 2002-10-07, 23:34
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Some oxygen I borrowed

Picture at the bottom: http://www.geocities.com/the_pyro_stuff/Smoke.html
 #3 
Old 2002-10-07, 23:42
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Some oxygen I borrowed

I am not sure, but the O2 could be potassium nitrite and the O3 could be potassium nitrate. Have you mixed it with any sugar to see if it smokes?
 #4 
Old 2002-10-07, 23:49
AzUrE BLuE AzUrE BLuE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Some oxygen I borrowed

im pretty sure i can get my hands on a good deal of liquid oxygen. what can i do with this. explosive possibilities. suggestions. if i cant do anything with it i can always breathe underwater
 #5 
Old 2002-10-07, 23:56
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Some oxygen I borrowed

I have always wanted to try this, but mix it with some gasoline in a 1/1 ratio by weight and see if it explodes.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-13, 03:40
scythe scythe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Some oxygen I borrowed

just a little haeds up on the under water breathing thing AzUrE BLuE mentioned.

you actually can die from breathing in pure oxygen so do not do that.

and i doubt that gas and oxy would explode it would just make a very big fire ball/flame.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-13, 04:37
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Some oxygen I borrowed

Liquid oxygen will explode without the addition of any other chemicals.

And breathing pure O2 will make you extremely lightheaded, and will likely put you out. Not a good idea underwater. Remember that our atmosphere is only 21% oxygen.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-13, 17:25
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Some oxygen I borrowed

I have heard that soaking a charcoal briquette in liquid oxygen gives a pretty big explosion. Also, you could always just light your charcoal grill really fast like George Goble.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-13, 17:51
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Some oxygen I borrowed

If you put the oxy and gas mixture in a waterproof cardboard container, it would probably explode.

Hes kind of stupid"one charcoal soaked in oxygen is equal to 1 stick of dynamite"

[This message has been edited by NickSG (edited 10-13-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-10-13, 18:17
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Some oxygen I borrowed

People always say its equal to a stick off dianamite, read the parodys on rats site.

CTR
 #11 
Old 2002-10-13, 19:16
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Some oxygen I borrowed

Liquid Oxygen (LOX) can be used for explosives. The thermos (aka Dewar Flask) was invented to to hold the LOX for use in explosives.

Search for "LOX explosives" and "Sprengel explosives"

There might also be something on E&W but I don't remember any threads on it.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-14, 01:23
Burgalveist Burgalveist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Some oxygen I borrowed

I guess he hasn't researched anything on explosives. Jeez, look at the guy, he sure doesn't look like a mental giant.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics