About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-07, 22:42
ShadowFist ShadowFist is offline
Regular
 
Default Chemical retailers

Does anyone know a good store, website, catalog, phone #, ect I can get decent chemical from? Perfrably one that does not require strict credntials

Your respones are appreciated

Thanks
 #2 
Old 2002-10-07, 22:48
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

http://www.unitednuclear.com

CTR
 #3 
Old 2002-10-07, 23:39
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

www.pyrotec.org I do not think that is the right address, but they usually do not require I.D. Neither does www.cannonfuse.com
 #4 
Old 2002-10-11, 04:52
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

Pyrotek
Skylighter
United Nuclear
Iowa Pyro Supply

I know I left one out... I can't remember
 #5 
Old 2002-10-11, 05:26
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

Ah yes, Firefox-FX
 #6 
Old 2002-10-11, 15:29
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

tell me! does firefox deliver fuses to canada?
 #7 
Old 2002-10-11, 17:39
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

Reading through Firefox's site, they classify fuse as hazardous materials, so they wont ship to foreign countries. Also, they want an ID and their order form mailed or faxed in to them. Skylighter is in the same position as Firefox. United Nuclear will not ship to Canada. I don't know if Iowa or Pyrotek will ship to Canada... ask them if you're so inclined.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-13, 20:09
bmxr105 bmxr105 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

quote:
Also, they want an ID and their order form mailed or faxed in to them.


guesing that you need to be 18 or 21, that sucks
 #9 
Old 2002-10-13, 20:14
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

United Nuclear, Pyrotek, and Cannonfuse do not require I.D. Pyrotek might ask somethimes.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-14, 01:06
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

There was one more...Aerospace or something like that. They sell a pound of potassium nitrate for less than $2.00! I think that United Nuclear buys from them and resells it.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-14, 01:17
Pyr0-Optimist Pyr0-Optimist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

Yea 6C, it's SSAeroSpace. http://www.ssaerospace.com/

Their stuff is really cheap, especially their fuse. The fuse might still be on sale, I don't know. I think they don't require ID. You just have to chech the 3 boxes that say:
-I am 18 or over.
-I assume all responsibility.
-I won't kill myself (or something like that)
Then they send it, but I'm not quite sure because I haven't got anything off there.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-14, 01:22
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

2 dollars a pound is pretty cheap, but I have seen 100 pound bags for only 45 dollars. I would buy it, but I am not that much into pyrotechnics.
 #13 
Old 2002-10-14, 01:37
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

quote:
Originally posted by NickSG:
2 dollars a pound is pretty cheap, but I have seen 100 pound bags for only 45 dollars. I would buy it, but I am not that much into pyrotechnics.

Shit, imagen a 130pound smoke bomb, how awsome would that be.

CTR
 #14 
Old 2002-10-14, 01:56
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

I've ordered from http://www.ssaerospace.com/. The reason the KNO3 is cheap is because it's granular fertilizer grade, not as pure as from other places. It will still work, but it's not finely powdered and it's not quite as pure. I think Woody (the guy who owns the place) is just buying bags of it from a agricultural supplier and reselling it.

And they DO require a photocopy of your drivers license for age ID.
 #15 
Old 2002-10-14, 02:18
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

2 parts KNO3 1 part magnesium dust 600 mesh.

That would be 150 pounds of flash powder, enough to make 4500 quarter sticks!

 #16 
Old 2002-10-14, 22:37
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

Speaking of large quantities of flash, has anyone ever tried reaching the cdm of flash powder? I am soon going to try a 30 gram batch of, KCLO4/600 mesh German Dark.
 #17 
Old 2002-10-14, 23:41
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

Hey, did that pole salute work for you? Anyway, I wouldnt waste your powder and chemicals. It doesnt do anything make make a thud sound. If you have a pop can next to it, the can would fall down, but that is nothing compared to whistle mix. I tried a 30 gram batch of whistle mix, and it made a loud thud, and pushed the pop can about 6 inches away.
 #18 
Old 2002-10-15, 20:15
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

I havnt tried the pole salute yet, but with the flash, maybe you didnt have enough, its Cdm is 30-50grams or more.
 #19 
Old 2002-10-15, 20:27
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

I did 45 grams of 7/3 flash powder. I do not even know why I wasted that much, when that could of made me about 12 M-80s.
 #20 
Old 2002-10-15, 20:40
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

quote:
Originally posted by NickSG:
2 dollars a pound is pretty cheap, but I have seen 100 pound bags for only 45 dollars. I would buy it, but I am not that much into pyrotechnics.


But if you bought some I would buy it off you...
 #21 
Old 2002-10-15, 20:41
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

quote:
Originally posted by NickSG:
2 parts KNO3 1 part magnesium dust 600 mesh.

That would be 150 pounds of flash powder, enough to make 4500 quarter sticks!




Detonate it in the open on an island!
 #22 
Old 2002-10-15, 20:44
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

quote:
Originally posted by Monkeyman666:
Speaking of large quantities of flash, has anyone ever tried reaching the cdm of flash powder? I am soon going to try a 30 gram batch of, KCLO4/600 mesh German Dark.


The CDM of flash powder depending on your recipe is between 30 and 50 grams.
 #23 
Old 2002-10-15, 20:46
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

quote:
Originally posted by Monkeyman666:
...its Cdm is 30-50grams or more.


Oh I didn't read that yet.
 #24 
Old 2002-10-15, 22:28
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

WHY??????

That is such a waste of perfect flash powder!
 #25 
Old 2002-10-16, 00:12
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

I know. I just did that so I could help others out, and plug I had a lot of money on me and I was curious. If I were to make a bomb out of 150 pounds of KNO3/mag600 mesh in a 6/4 ratio(which is really good flash powder) when it went off, it would flatten all the trees within a 30 foot radius! I am not planning on making it, becuase I do not make anything bigger than an M-80(which I rarely make) but it would cost me about 500 dollars, becuase magnesium is really expensive, especially in 600 mesh. Magnesium 600 mesh and pure KNO3 make a flash powder similar to 400 mesh aluminum/potassium perchlorate 7/3.
 #26 
Old 2002-10-16, 02:35
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chemical retailers

quote:
Originally posted by Rat_Bastard:
WHY??????

That is such a waste of perfect flash powder!



Because I have tons of salutes, ranging from m-80s to m-160's, & about 3 "quarter sticks" (quarter sticks are waste of powder imo) I also have alot of chems to make alot of flash. So I want to try new things.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics