About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-01, 02:27
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Can you feel me?

Does anybody else get this...

Whenever im going to blow up something I get this feeling in my gut, a feeling of fear. I get butterflys and start to feel quesy. My heart starts racing like a lab rat and my palms get sweaty. I start to get euphoric and feel light headed. I get shivers throughout my body and shake as I try to light the fuse. Then when I light the fuse the bad feelings leave and a shot of adrenaline goes through my veins and I pick up running so I dont get caught by the cops. I then feel so much energy and excitement and I hear the explosion and this great feeling comes over me...

Anyone else feel this? If not, tell your opinion.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-01, 02:32
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you feel me?

Almost the same here. I get it even when lighting a small salute too somtimes. It is not always started from fear, but it helps. Ex. I ready a thread the night before about a charge gone wrong & dismembering a guy. That will often times make it worse.

Edit:Forgot to add that is also makes it more fun.

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman666 (edited 10-01-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-10-01, 02:39
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Can you feel me?

I feel the EXACT same way every time even on small things like with exception of premade firecrackers ever explosive i light i start to shake and im like oh shit whats going to happen is it going to explode or is it going to smoke or is it going to produce a foutain or not what is it going to do i don't know i am always nervise and then as sone as a light that damn fuse and i see some smoke i start back tracking it as fast as i can i am usally running backwards at high speeds because i almost laways video tape it !! so i know exactly what your going through man perfectly !
 #4 
Old 2002-10-01, 02:40
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Can you feel me?

i call it

Classic Pyromania Syndrom !

or
C.P.S
 #5 
Old 2002-10-01, 02:59
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you feel me?

That is mostly what I feel, but I feel a lot worse before I light the fuse becuase after I light the fuse and relize my arm is still there, and nothing else is damaged, the feeling goes away. Before I light the fuse, I feel bad becuase all the thoughs of what could go wrong, or if some someone catches me, or if some retarded kid runs out to see what is is, and gets their hands blown off, becuase I live in the city, and I have a very small backyard.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-01, 12:27
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you feel me?

Jesus, you people are yellow.

It's a lot of fun, but by now it's nothing to me. I light and unload cratermakers and such without hessitation.

Of course, it helps to have a good and very secluded blasting site. I don't normally have to worry about people stumbling in on my fun.

~Zero
 #7 
Old 2002-10-01, 18:08
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Can you feel me?

no im white but thanks for your concerne

:P
 #8 
Old 2002-10-01, 19:18
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you feel me?

I am black, i just have to talk white so you guys can understand me.

Anyways, Zero, the only reason you light with no hesatation is becuase you live in the middle of nowhere.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-01, 19:33
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you feel me?

I don't live in the middle of nowhere. I live in the middle of the city. I just happen to have a good blast site I can haul my lazy carcass to.

The point of the matter, though, is once you get past the golly-gee-whiz stage of doing this sort of thing it doesn't seem so naughty anymore and it (in my opinion) becomes a lot more fun when you're not constantly scared half to death because you have no idea what's going to happen.

~Zero
 #10 
Old 2002-10-01, 19:54
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Can you feel me?

that what makes it fun thou is because you are unsure how loud it is going to be or how destructive or what its going to do you get addicted to the adrenaline rush you get and no matter how hard you try you can not break the pyrotechnic fix it is like a drug that you can not get enough of

my theroy has allways been like this

C.P.S

(classic pyromania syndrom)!

[This message has been edited by warweed12 (edited 10-01-2002).]
 #11 
Old 2002-10-01, 19:55
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you feel me?

Oh, well I have seen a few pictures of a lake, and I guessed that you lived pretty far from anything.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-02, 06:11
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Can you feel me?

I find the mixing and construction to be much more nerve-wracking than the end result. I light one up, stand back, and wait in anticipation for the show. Besides, I don't give a damn what the neighbors think.

I did hit the truck across the street with a high-velocity potato once. When I saw my parents talking to a cop fifteen minutes later, then I was a bit nervous. It turned out to be something completely unrelated to me, luckily.
 #13 
Old 2002-10-02, 07:12
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you feel me?

I get the feeling. Mainly when im useing something big and new. as soon as its finished its gone. I dont shake, but i do feel quesy. I like the feeling, that might be one of the reasons i like pyrotechnics. People go on rides that scare the shit out of them...i blow shit up that scares the shit out of me. And im not yellow!! im weary....thats what keeps me alive, somethimes
 #14 
Old 2002-10-02, 20:29
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you feel me?

quote:
Originally posted by Zero the Inestimable:
Jesus, you people are yellow.

It's a lot of fun, but by now it's nothing to me. I light and unload cratermakers and such without hessitation.

Of course, it helps to have a good and very secluded blasting site. I don't normally have to worry about people stumbling in on my fun.

~Zero



Don't become too calm. You never want some shit to happen because you didn't take the proper safety precautions, that would be a damn shame.
 #15 
Old 2002-10-02, 20:31
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you feel me?

quote:
Originally posted by Zero the Inestimable:
when you're not constantly scared half to death because you have no idea what's going to happen.

~Zero




I never know where the local cop cars are stationed...
 #16 
Old 2002-10-02, 20:33
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you feel me?

When I stop getting this feeling (if ever), Im gonna get out of pyrotechnics.
 #17 
Old 2002-10-02, 21:25
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you feel me?

I only get that felling when i do stuff where i live seeing it in the forset in an "extreme danger area" i must be extremely carful of not only getting caught but not letting anything get out of hand and cause a fire, i have to keep all my device to a small size for fear of starting a forsest fire.

Arsen is my biggest fear up here if one spark were to land on a pile of leaves and started a fire and someone died you could be charged with murder not to mention the cost of dammage.

CTR
 #18 
Old 2002-10-02, 21:41
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Can you feel me?

some are addicted to coke others are addicted to crack me im addicted to the adreniline rush i get from my displays i like that feeling and i enjoy it and i get shuned because of it im looked apon as an outsider because of what i enjoy i am though of as a terrorist in my school and worst of all my parents hate it but im addicted and im hooked and i can not break that habbit pyrotechnics is my junk and im just waiting for my next fix


-warweed12
 #19 
Old 2002-10-03, 03:07
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you feel me?

I dont understatnd. You peopel get shunned major for your intrestest. People like me when i show em what i like.
The chicks really like it when everones pissed and i throw a handfull off smoke bomb mix onto a fire and have it flair up into a big purpule flame. The idea for people too like u for it is do cool stuff with it. id say what but people in here might not respect me for it.......
 #20 
Old 2002-10-03, 04:23
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you feel me?

Warweed and crew dont blow shit up to show off and 'be cool.' They do it cuz they're addicted. FRIGGIN ADDICTED, MAN!

[This message has been edited by 6C (edited 10-03-2002).]
 #21 
Old 2002-10-03, 08:23
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you feel me?

Yeah i know im just saying around others dont scare the shit outa ur whole town. Once u get a bad reputation people will blame u for everything. If ur going to let people know your into pyrotechnics then impress them and show them the pros of ur craft..Anything big i dont tell people. i dont tell them anything about what i make and do. Anything that could easyly kill someone or is very complex hide from them.

"Simple things impress simple mindes....anything else is scary"

[This message has been edited by static_firefly (edited 10-03-2002).]
 #22 
Old 2002-10-03, 18:52
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Can you feel me?

yes but i do not brag about what i do i tell one person and it spreads like fuckin wild fire and then im fucked thats how it has alway worked ... oh well at least i can say i could blow there fuckin house and they would take me seriously ...

and there right i am addicted
 #23 
Old 2002-10-03, 20:16
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you feel me?

Static, you say that the girls around your area like that. Do you live by a bunch of hillbillys?
 #24 
Old 2002-10-04, 02:22
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you feel me?

Ive lost sleep over it before, or at least had trouble getting to sleep because of thinking about the charge I am going to detonate the next day. I dont know if there is something wrong with me, or everyone is like it, but I think like wild when im bored or have nothing to do. It keeps me from concentrating on stuff like school, & especially boring reading material. I find my self reading a school book, & my mind strays off, & by the time im done reading I have no clue of what I read.
 #25 
Old 2002-10-04, 02:33
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Can you feel me?

EXACTLY !!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics