About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-29, 18:27
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default have any of you tried making AP Putty?

im going to try making AP putty sometime next week

i would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me of any safety precautions that i should take in the procedure of manufacturing it

thanks!
 #2 
Old 2002-09-29, 18:28
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: have any of you tried making AP Putty?

rat_bastard has made it he should be able to help you
 #3 
Old 2002-09-29, 18:39
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: have any of you tried making AP Putty?

ill tell you guys how it went and add maybe some pics when im done
 #4 
Old 2002-09-29, 18:41
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: have any of you tried making AP Putty?


On the right is the pingpong binded AP, and on the left is the SP (smokeless powder) binded AP (it's more powerful)

I have plans ready and lots of other pictures that will be on KP.

[This message has been edited by Rat_Bastard (edited 09-29-2002).]
 #5 
Old 2002-09-29, 20:35
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: have any of you tried making AP Putty?

AP is fun stuff.Just be careful and go the extra mile for safety...dont take any chances and use commen sense... But I only use it for setting off high explosives so I dont plasticize it or make it a putty. I usally just set off like AN or something that needs a blasting cap with the powder form....
 #6 
Old 2002-09-30, 01:03
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: have any of you tried making AP Putty?

I once filled a film canister with it, I binded the ap with sp. It was extremly loud by itself. Then knowing how loud it was by itself, I detonated A Kclo3/vaseline mix with another one filled. I believe although I had twice as much Chlorate/vaseline mix as ap mix. The ap charge was a larger blast. As The vaseline mix nearly teeter totters on the edge between Low & high explosive. Many will say that 1 to 2 "blasting cap" to main charge ratio is a little uneven, but hey atleast I had achieved detonation.
 #7 
Old 2002-09-30, 21:25
Aechean Aechean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: have any of you tried making AP Putty?

Full det. monkeyman?! I am thinking about this too, I was thinking 1/3 filmcan AP booster detonated by 2g AP or so.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics