About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-28, 23:42
NAAGAL NAAGAL is offline
Regular
 
Default Ned help on finding ingrediant...

I'm interested in making some flashbangs(i know, pathetic) for fun and to scare friends, people. I would like to know where I can find the missle batery thing that looks like a small black tube, as in described here http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/ka_fucking_boom/162038.html . Sounds cheap to buy, but I've never heard of the shit. Any help on where to buy, how to make, would be appreciated.
 #2 
Old 2002-09-29, 00:23
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ned help on finding ingrediant...

God that is crap. The stuff in those is the same stuff as whistling bottle rockets, whistle mix, and then the report comp., flash powder. I do not know what they are talking about when they say little rocks. If you empty the powder out of those, and make a salute, described in great detail on my site, http://www.geocities.com/tight_rapppa2002/homepage.html with the whistle mix, it would not be a actual flashbang, but very, very close.

[This message has been edited by NickSG (edited 09-29-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-09-30, 01:10
DavidThePyro DavidThePyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ned help on finding ingrediant...

If I were you, I would avoid just about all the stuff in the Bad Ideas section. Overall, the procedures there are either really dangerous and/or stupid, or they're so simple that anyone could think of them. So just avoid it...
 #4 
Old 2002-09-30, 01:24
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Ned help on finding ingrediant...

the closest idea i could come up with that would work would be to take a canister put a hole in side near the bottom then insert your fuse and glue it then add some BP in the bottom of the canister take a baggie fill with gas and put inside the canister and put the lid on light it and run ... it should blow the lid off while vaporizing the gas and igniting at the same time and making a fireball... i wonder what would happen if you made about 15 of these and put them in a line and connected all the fuses with quickmatch that would have a cool effect ... some on should try it
 #5 
Old 2002-09-30, 01:34
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ned help on finding ingrediant...

I once made a salute out of a thin plastic container and flash powder. It made a very high pitched bang and the flash had me seeing color for a little while.
 #6 
Old 2002-09-30, 01:41
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ned help on finding ingrediant...

I have made a row of five film cannistor fireballs one time, but I used E-match. I had them too close together, so it looked like one big fireball instead of five.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics