|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-09-27, 02:08
|
Rat_Bastard 
Regular
|
|
|
|
What do you think?
This is a part of my unseen site, and I was wondering what do you think? ============= Polumnas! materials:-A 2� by 12� piece of kraft paper - Duct tape - Glue - Visco fuse - Burst composition (I used HMTD) - Paper Fold the Kraft paper over once. Fold the kraft paper again to form a pouch. Using the paper, pour the burst composition in. Put the visco fuse in the pouch. Put a line of glue down the strip of kraft paper. Fold over and over untill it is complete as shown. [This message has been edited by Rat_Bastard (edited 09-27-2002).]
|
|
#2
 2002-09-27, 02:10
|
Rat_Bastard 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
Tape and you are done. Here is a gif showing the process animated: Now, some of you are going to ask �when will your site section be up?� , well I can�t really say because this process is a lot more complicated than it seems. First, I take the pictures, then I dump them on the computer. I then run Photoshop 6 to change the levels and white balance, and after that I remove anything wrong in the picture (like dust or, other things) with the cloning tool. I then prepare it for the web by cutting down the image down to size, and adding my trademark �R�, then I use the �Save for web� option (this is one of the best parts of PS6) to cut down the file size. Then I have to upload the picture to my sever. And don�t forget that I gotta make the html and descriptions to hold it all together. Now you thought that was tough? I got about 300 images to process! So now you know why I can�t set a date for my site section. -Rat
|
|
#3
 2002-09-27, 02:42
|
draggo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
Very well done, It' looks like it will be a great site.
|
|
#4
 2002-09-27, 02:51
|
NickSG 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
Why tape the thing up. Isnt HMTD a primary, so it wouldnt need that thick of a case. Anyways, that is how I make my polumnas, exept instead of a single line down the strip of paper, I spread it all over one side so that when the glue drys, you will have a hard enough case so that you do not need to tape it up, but it will take about an hour to dry, so if you plan on using it immediatly after you make it, I would use the tape.
|
|
#5
 2002-09-27, 03:03
|
pRiMo_PyRo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
if your whole site is this quality expect a lot of traffic this is great and i hope to see the rest soon!
|
|
#6
 2002-09-27, 03:21
|
EP 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
Looks like when it's done it'll put my site to shame!  edit: typo [This message has been edited by EP (edited 09-27-2002).]
|
|
#7
 2002-09-27, 03:34
|
Rat_Bastard 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
quote: Originally posted by EP: Looks like when it's done it'll put my site to shame! 
edit: typo
[This message has been edited by EP (edited 09-27-2002).]
Naw, this is a group effort remember? everything is still gong to be on one site www.krimzonpyro.com . You have allready saved me a *lot *of work with your extensive coverage of US class C fireworks AND your nice info pages on chemical weapons and other research. I am kinda lazy when it comes to typing large info pages, so your section fills in the void nicely. EDIT: One thing, I will most likley NOT have any more animated gif's because they take FOREVER for me to make. I will now only make them if it is absolutely necessary. Oh yeah, school and a part-time job dosen't make things any easier for me to get this done. [This message has been edited by Rat_Bastard (edited 09-27-2002).]
|
|
#8
 2002-09-27, 14:53
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
Tape always reduces the power of my polumnas. It streches instead of bursting, so it's best if you just use the glue.
It's also very hard to make polumnas work with black powder (though it is an art I've more or less perfected), but flash powder works wonders.
~Zero
|
|
#9
 2002-09-27, 20:32
|
TOWCHBob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
quote: Originally posted by Rat_Bastard: Naw, this is a group effort remember? everything is still gong to be on one site www.krimzonpyro.com . You have allready saved me a *lot *of work with your extensive coverage of US class C fireworks AND your nice info pages on chemical weapons and other research. I am kinda lazy when it comes to typing large info pages, so your section fills in the void nicely.
EDIT: One thing, I will most likley NOT have any more animated gif's because they take FOREVER for me to make. I will now only make them if it is absolutely necessary.
Oh yeah, school and a part-time job dosen't make things any easier for me to get this done.
[This message has been edited by Rat_Bastard (edited 09-27-2002).]
have you tried flash?
|
|
#10
 2002-09-27, 21:50
|
NickSG 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
Flash isnt all that good in polumas either. Maybe it was because the tape, but it did make a nice 2 second fountian.
|
|
#11
 2002-09-28, 00:13
|
6C 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
Not for me. I had two polumnas, both filled with flash powder, one wrapped with lots of electrical tape. The taped up one was much louder than the unwrapped one but the unwrapped one made a bigger flash I think.
|
|
#12
 2002-09-28, 00:20
|
Rat_Bastard 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
I am trying to make these instructions work for a wide variety of burst compositions, so thats why I included tape & glue.
|
|
#13
 2002-09-28, 02:59
|
Monkeyman666 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
quote: Originally posted by NickSG: Flash isnt all that good in polumas either. Maybe it was because the tape, but it did make a nice 2 second fountian.
WHAT KIND OF FLASH DO YOU USE?!? I use 7 Potassium Perchlorate/ 3 600 mesh German dark. It will Make a boom, no matter how much tape. I once folded a 1 inch piece of kraft paper, taped sides so the powder would stay in, filled it halfway, stuck in a fuse, & taped the top. In the middle it was only one layer of paper. This was my first time with this flash, in my beginning stages. My only goal was to see if my first batch of perchlorate flash was sucessful, & would "flash," so to speak. I lit it, & it made an amazingly loud pop for just being one layer of paper. Not much thicker than computer printer paper. Ive done thickness tests. I once used a half an inch of tape (Polumna with 1/2 in. wall thickness,) & although it didnt fragment it blew into a few pieces, & was extremely loud. Im guessing you used a kno3 comp, or had a not so fine fuel? [This message has been edited by Monkeyman666 (edited 09-28-2002).]
|
|
#14
 2002-10-01, 02:00
|
ze_german 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
wow, u have very nice nails man.
|
|
#15
 2002-10-01, 02:15
|
6C 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
Thank you!
|
|
#16
 2002-10-01, 07:52
|
scythe 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
they are some pretty slick pics you have there i can't wait till you put your site up.
|
|
#17
 2002-10-02, 18:28
|
DeusExMachina 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
quote: Originally posted by Zero the Inestimable: Tape always reduces the power of my polumnas. It streches instead of bursting, so it's best if you just use the glue.
It's also very hard to make polumnas work with black powder (though it is an art I've more or less perfected), but flash powder works wonders.
~Zero
can you please tell me how to make these polumnas with BP? i got a shitload of BP yesterday and i itried making a polumna today but i dont think it will work.
|
|
#18
 2002-10-02, 19:19
|
NickSG 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: What do you think?
I do use the 7/3 per/al, but maybe when I was folding the polumna, I packed the powder together. I do not have any flash right now, so I cant do another test, but whistle mix works best for me right now. It is much, much cheaper and gives the same results monkeyman told about.
You can make a polumna with gun powder, just make sure to fill it up about 1/2 way, use a paper that tears easily(make make sure to get a strip really long, so it is thicker), and that is it.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|