About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-22, 20:39
draggo draggo is offline
Regular
 
Default widgets

What are these, There was a video on rat's site at one time but not any more. So what are they and how do you make them? Also will pyrodex work for a cherry bomb?
 #2 
Old 2002-08-22, 20:47
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

I am not sure. I dont think I have seen rats site.
Pyrodex will work for some cherry bombs, like the ones I tell on my site. IF you are making the fake ping pong Cherry bombs, you can use it, but you will need lots of tape, but my way is a lot better. If you want to see my site, it is http://www.geocities.com/tight_rappa2002/homepage.html
 #3 
Old 2002-08-22, 20:58
draggo draggo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

What is kraft paper?
 #4 
Old 2002-08-22, 21:01
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

Kraft paper is just heavyweight paper. Most of the time it is brown, but i have seen plain white. The place I get mine is simply grocery store. The paper bags are made out of real high quality kraft paper, so I just save a few every time I go shopping.
 #5 
Old 2002-08-22, 21:05
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

Here is my widget version of the cherry bomb (it's much better than the pingpong version because wigets are thicker and are more true size to the real deal cherry bombs)


They are found in tall beer cans(guiness, killkenny, ect) they supossedly are pressurized and make the beer foamy when opened.

I will have detailed plans when I get my damn webpage up.

[This message has been edited by Rat_Bastard (edited 08-22-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-08-22, 21:32
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

I remember you talking about that a while ago. I have never seen them on your site(if they even are).
 #7 
Old 2002-08-22, 21:37
Aechean Aechean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

You can always cover a ping pong ball in epoxy putty.
 #8 
Old 2002-08-22, 21:45
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

That is what I used to do, but when I am making a Cherry Bomb with gun powder or a slow burning flash powder, I do not use epoxy. Whenever I use it, the epoxy shatters before all the powder is done burning. Dipping the paper cups in wood glue/saw dust mixture makes a lot harder casing. If I always use a good, fast burning flash powder or whistle mix all the time, I would probably use the epoxy a lot more.
 #9 
Old 2002-08-22, 22:23
draggo draggo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

I'll give th3e paper cup method a try
 #10 
Old 2002-08-22, 22:43
Chunkmiester Chunkmiester is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

His name is Bob and he floats. No nonsense

Chunkmiester
If you are British you will no what i mean.
If you are American then i am quite quite mad.
 #11 
Old 2002-08-23, 00:00
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

Why the hell are you mad!!? I am American and so is 80 percent of the rest of the people on this forum are American!, including Zero.
 #12 
Old 2002-08-23, 03:59
The_Scrub The_Scrub is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

Rat, what exactly are you talking about that you get from tall beer cans(tall-boys). Also, did you use that rubber grip maker shit for a casing. You know that shit that you can drip tool handles in to give it a rubber grip. It just looks real shiny, that's why I asked.
 #13 
Old 2002-08-23, 05:18
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

That one I used epoxy and sawdust (the last layer had no sawdust so, thats why it's shiny.)

You just cut open the tall cans that have widgets in them.
I should try plasti-dip as you suggested.

Here are the ones I haven't used yet:

 #14 
Old 2002-08-23, 17:23
Burgalveist Burgalveist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

I remember there was a thread on this awhile ago, does anybody know it?
 #15 
Old 2002-08-23, 19:19
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

I remeber it, but I can not give a link. You could either do a search or look through all the topics.
 #16 
Old 2002-08-23, 20:13
TOWCHBob TOWCHBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

I think the cutaway veiw might help him understand the difference in power between a ping pong ball and a widget.
 #17 
Old 2002-08-23, 20:17
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

If you are using my way, you can use a ping pong ball and dip the ball filled with powder into some wood glue and saw dust. The only reason I suggest using paper end plugs is becuase the plugs are lot smaller. That way you can make more.
 #18 
Old 2002-08-23, 20:59
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

quote:
Originally posted by TOWCHBob:
I think the cutaway veiw might help him understand the difference in power between a ping pong ball and a widget.


 #19 
Old 2002-08-23, 21:12
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

If I had some of those, I wouldnt even bother putting on that plasi-dip becuase the container is so thick. Maybe if you were using a very slow burning flash you might have to, but even if you were using gun powder, the bomb would not need to be dipped.
 #20 
Old 2002-08-23, 23:02
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

Actually, it does need to be dipped. My first ones split in half (there is a cruddy seal between the two hemispheres)

Once dipped they are perfect.
 #21 
Old 2002-08-23, 23:25
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

quote:
Originally posted by Rat_Bastard:
Actually, it does need to be dipped. My first ones split in half (there is a cruddy seal between the two hemispheres)

Once dipped they are perfect.



What kind of flash are you using? I Have a hard time believing good flash would just split it.


 #22 
Old 2002-08-23, 23:51
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

No, that time I used BP, or something (i forget).
 #23 
Old 2002-08-24, 02:45
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

Not all flash powders are that great and powerful. Potassium nitrate and aluminum(magnesium is safer) id a flash powder, but every time I used a thin case, it did not make that great of a report. Thick cases are best for any type of flash powder.
 #24 
Old 2002-08-24, 03:27
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

I was amazed by my flash powder last night, I filled an endcap from an m-80 with my 600 mesh German dark/Potassium Chlorate mix. 30/70 I put ONE piece of tape over it.
I wanted to show my friends the big flash it makes, because it it was late & I couldnt just light a salute. I might as well had just thrown an m-80 out there, it blew up. It was not as loud as a larger salute, but still woke up my neighbors. Who as I have mentioned before is a pyro(Hes like 35 years old), But I still felt bad waking them up.
I completely underestimated its power. So yeah we all got more that we bargained for.
 #25 
Old 2002-08-24, 03:31
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: widgets

But in any amount, the thicker the case, the better and louder the explosion. That also includes 600 mesh al./potassium perchlorate in the 7/3 ratio.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics