About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-18, 02:11
Galvaplex Galvaplex is offline
Regular
 
Default Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

Hi, this is my first post in the BB forum, nice place you've got here.

Anyway, in my never ending quest to exact revenge upon my enemies (if any of you may recall, I made a post about it in the General forum awhile ago) I stumbled across a rather large, well built treefort in the middle of a local forest. While I was raiding the place for supplies, I came across evidence that the fort was constructed by my enemies. (they had left an "entry log" in a wooden crate inside the main building).

I originally planned on blowing up the base's supports with my rocket launcher, but the supports are so thick, I'd be there all bloody day trying to blow the place up.

So my question is: how the hell do I blow this place up from the ground? Are there any specific compounds I could use as a warhead in my rockets? If possible, I'd like something that could could effectively knock the stucture free of it's supports and send it tumbling to the ground. Any help yuo guys could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
 #2 
Old 2002-08-18, 02:29
Twizted Twizted is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

get a bunch of empty co2 carts. and make crater makers with very long fuses or a remote det. if you heart so desires. then take a cordless drill and put holes into the tree or supports that will hold the makers snugly. i think you get the idea
 #3 
Old 2002-08-18, 02:44
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

Are you tweleve? Nothing personal but that was not a good way to spend your first post on BB.

CTR
 #4 
Old 2002-08-18, 02:52
Galvaplex Galvaplex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

^Actually, I'm 15. What's wrong with wanting to blast the crap out of something that someone you hate built? I mean, it's not like I came in here and said "i liKe 2 blOWs teH stuFF UP!!!!111"
 #5 
Old 2002-08-18, 02:58
sph3ric pyramid sph3ric pyramid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

Well, this might help if you're interested in actually taking it apart...

http://www.roguesci.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000006

...but not if you just want to fuck it up.

peace out.
sph3ric pyramid.
 #6 
Old 2002-08-18, 03:29
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

I, too, did get the impression that you were a little 12 year old becuase of the "tree house" stuff and the fact that you spy on your enemies.
 #7 
Old 2002-08-18, 03:37
Galvaplex Galvaplex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

Thanks for the link. Originally, I didn't think there'd be much left from the explosion I was planning that would be recoverable, but not I'm thinking it might be possible to take whatever's left of the walls now and use that to reinforce my base.

I'm really sorry if I seem like a 12 year old kewl, but this is something I'd really like to do to get back at these people. Originally, we were all going to build it together as a hang out spot, but due to some events that never happened, we never did build it. I figure, "If you betray me, I'm gonna fuck you up in any way I can." I've got the pyschological components covered, but since discovering that they built this fort (which is quite large for 3 people to have built), I simply couldn't pass up the oppertunity to blow it to high heaven.
 #8 
Old 2002-08-18, 03:41
Galvaplex Galvaplex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

Whoa, didn't see your post coming Nick.

I understand that "Treefort" automatically links people to thechildhood element, but I really didn't think it'd be a problem. As I said in my previous post, this thing is pretty damn big, spread across 3 trees. It had lights and batteries, but I already ripped those out. And where did I say that I spied on my enemies? I literally ran into this thing on the way to my base on the ground (which I use to store various items I wouldn't risk storing in my home.)
 #9 
Old 2002-08-18, 05:00
The_Scrub The_Scrub is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

THE WAR IS OVER GO BACK HOME!!! Instead of raiding the "base" for supplies, and blowing it up, why don't you be smart and cut the supports? it would be faster, crater makers are powerful, but not demolition powerful. I think this dudes camos are way to tight, THE FUCKIN VIETCONG ARE AFTER HIM IN CANADA EH. Do you do covert ops to the treefort, or regular reconicense?
 #10 
Old 2002-08-18, 05:29
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

Well, If I were to bust up that joint, I would take all the good stuff(cash, chains, food, ect.) and take a sledge hammer to the place, and them when most of the damage has been done, attach a few cratermakers to whatever you can find, and blow the rest up. Dont actually do this, becuase they will get the bomb squad and find fingerprints or something.
 #11 
Old 2002-08-18, 06:03
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

something simmiler happend to me like that. My friend found a fort that was owned by some loser little shits. But what a waste to blow it up. So i got the idea of placing a bucket of shit in the middle of the room with a cob in the middle but i never got around to doing that....any way thats more of a bad idea
 #12 
Old 2002-08-18, 08:55
TOWCHBob TOWCHBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

I'd take it apart and use the wood if I was you. As for the trees, grab an axe and start swingin
 #13 
Old 2002-08-18, 12:16
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

First off, if I were you I wouldn't demolish the fort.

I had a system of some forts in the local woods (yes, I am perfectly aware of my age and whatnot, but it's something do DO. Plus, I get to use power tools) and some fuckhead tore them all down. When I find him, I will nail HIM to a tree.

But I digress.

While the supports are tempting, bear in mind that the supports are likely trees. While it will be hard to knock the whole thing down, controlled demolition style, I'd say a mid sized pipe bomb strapped to the underside of the floor will leave whomever something to think about.

If you can find a large enough load bearing item, just saw it off. Or saw all of them off, then wait for whoever to come back and try to stand in the (now substantially weakened) tree fort.

Just don't come crying to me when they to the same thing to your house.

~Zero the Inestimable
 #14 
Old 2002-08-18, 14:06
Galvaplex Galvaplex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

To "The_Scrub", go bugger off somewhere, you don't know what you're talking about.

To Zero: Thanks for the pipe bomb in the floor idea. I don't want to just saw off the supports, because it's pretty high up and if it falls over with sombody in it, they'd probably be killed.

My house have a pretty expensive security system, we installed it after we nearly got broken into a few years ago. If anybody tries anything, I'll have their ass in court so fast they won't know what hit them. >
 #15 
Old 2002-08-18, 15:14
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

That is a good idea static firefly! Even though there are no treeshouses around here, if there was and they were my ememys, I would blow crap all over there house, except I wouldnt be the one holding the bucket. I do not really have any ememys, cuase almost everyone around here is my friend, but there are only about 5 that I do not like in the whole Kansas City area.
 #16 
Old 2002-08-18, 18:44
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

What would be in this pipe bomb? I'm thinking fill it 2/4 with RDX and then 1/4 with HMTD... Hmmmmm...
 #17 
Old 2002-08-18, 19:48
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

RDX is really unstable so I never will use it. HMTD in a pipe bomb. I thought that it reacted very badly with metals.
 #18 
Old 2002-08-18, 20:50
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

quote:
Originally posted by NickSG:
RDX is really unstable so I never will use it. HMTD in a pipe bomb. I thought that it reacted very badly with metals.

RDX is really Unstable?? Hmmmmmmmmmm
If you put the hmtd on the pipe the day you use it it wont react right away, but still a bad idea, because of static & friction.

 #19 
Old 2002-08-18, 22:17
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

You should just take over the fort.

HMTD in metal is a bad idea. RDX is hard to find and make, but is indeed stable. That's why the military likes it so much.

~Zero the Inestimable
 #20 
Old 2002-08-18, 22:20
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

They usually do not use it in blasting caps anymore, becuase it is a little to unstable, but nothing like armstrongs. Now, the only thing they do now is make C4 out of it. I think it is like 88 percent RDX and 12 percent plastic(there are many different stableizers).
 #21 
Old 2002-08-19, 00:59
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

RDX is as stable as TNT or Dianamite, it ranks a 4 of 5 in stability.

CTR
 #22 
Old 2002-08-19, 02:10
The_Scrub The_Scrub is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

To "The_Scrub", go bugger off somewhere, you don't know what you're talking about.

Ok you goofy little Canadian fuck(no offense to anyone else from BB in Canada, especially Rat Bastard) don't use your whack ass disses on me. Bugger off, be a man say FUCK OFF if you mean it. I don't know what I am talking about? No, I've only have been on construction sites since I could hold a hammer. Cutting supports is best, it's quieter, less dangerous, and saws are easy to get. Does your mom make you cookies when you go play in the treehouse?
 #23 
Old 2002-08-19, 02:13
The_Scrub The_Scrub is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

I really want to stress the no offense thing to Canada. You guys are real cool, eh.(just a joke - the "eh" thing)
 #24 
Old 2002-08-19, 03:21
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

So then what would you put into the pipe? If using HMTD is a bad idea then is using a blasting cap a bad idea as well?
 #25 
Old 2002-08-19, 05:13
insane_blaine insane_blaine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

Light it on FIRE .. Burn the mother fucker down.
 #26 
Old 2002-08-19, 05:36
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

I wish my mum made me cookies when i went out. And dont worry about your crack about canadains.....They wont understand the joke until next week some time...Yeah anyway dont destory the fort. That would be a waste. Just make it so they wont go there again. Like my shit bucket idea. Or put milk all over it.
 #27 
Old 2002-08-19, 05:38
scythe scythe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

i suggest standing at the bottom of it and throwing a couple of m80's up there to see if any body is in there and if there isn't get some thermite and put that shit on the supports and the lighting it.

it should then come crashing down to the ground and nobody gets hurt.

but before you do this ransack the place for any thing that you could use for your ""Base"" (sniggers).
this way you get something from it apart from the satisfaction that you blew the shit ouy of some thing.

going back to the thermite idea is the recipie for it aluminium(Al) and iron oxide(FO) or is it magnesium(Mg) and Fo??


������
scythe
 #28 
Old 2002-08-19, 05:42
scythe scythe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

i like static's idea of the milk.


get about 1/2 (2L i think) a galon of milk and splash it every were in there and put some cream in there as well that cause that stuff goes off quicker than the milk will.

and make some rotten eggs and throw them in as well.
 #29 
Old 2002-08-19, 07:09
muffin_man muffin_man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

quote:
Originally posted by scythe:
i suggest standing at the bottom of it and throwing a couple of m80's up there to see if any body is in there and if there isn't get some thermite and put that shit on the supports and the lighting it.

it should then come crashing down to the ground and nobody gets hurt.

but before you do this ransack the place for any thing that you could use for your ""Base"" (sniggers).
this way you get something from it apart from the satisfaction that you blew the shit ouy of some thing.

going back to the thermite idea is the recipie for it aluminium(Al) and iron oxide(FO) or is it magnesium(Mg) and Fo??


������
scythe



just when i thought everybody had given up the idea of making and using thermite, somebody comes and brings it up again.

i say give it up people!!! it's not worth the effort. considering how difficult it is to make and to actually light... screw it.

if i were you i'd just dismantle the whole thing and take the pieces. even if it takes you a few times to get it all: they cant keep guard of it forever. muahahahhh
 #30 
Old 2002-08-19, 09:13
doggonenut doggonenut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

definately take yer time, make the place stink alot first, cause thats annoying as hell, then i would cahinsaw the supports acouple week later to weaken the supports, maybe they collapse under weight if you see where im going, i dont know where you live, but you dont want to be responsable for buning the forrest down.
 #31 
Old 2002-08-19, 11:48
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

I'll bet a classic Bucket o' ANFO in the middle of the thing would be impressive, though.

~Zero the Inestimable
 #32 
Old 2002-08-19, 17:03
Galvaplex Galvaplex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

To those who actually had something intelligent to say, thank you for your replies. To the other idiots who simply laugh at the mention of the word "treefort", get lost and find something funny to laugh at.

s
 #33 
Old 2002-08-19, 18:27
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

Here is another I idea. Drill a thin(1/4 inch hole) 1/2 way through the tree. Now go home and make a shitload of thermite. Now bring it to the tree house and fill the hole all the way with the thermite. Light it with some magnesium powder and watch the tree be sawed in half. It is a kind of stupid idea, but I just though I would post it.
 #34 
Old 2002-08-19, 20:19
Aechean Aechean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

I don't laugh at you for having a treefort. I had one but some idiots tore it down.

Anyways, the thermite idea sucks. Do you want a forest fire? No. Besides, my COMMERCIAL! thermite was weak, and it is overrated. The pipebomb on the floor would do some damage for sure, but is dangerous. Cratermaker/cobs are by no means a demoltion device. Also be careful they don't steal from your own fort. If I were you, I'd do nothing at all except maybe steal stuff from them. If you want to do damage though, saws are the way to go, unless as zero said, u have a bucket of ANFO laying about.
 #35 
Old 2002-08-19, 22:55
Galvaplex Galvaplex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

I doubt that these people could steal my stuff; my base is a small shack in a deep part of the forest where nobody goes. It's used for storage, and it's a nice spot to go and have a beer on Saturday nights with some friends. I only stumbled across their fort because it's very difficult to hide something like that in a huge tree.

I really don't want to cut the supports while I'm up there, I'd run the risk of having the thing collapse ontop of me.

I', going to look into building a small hydrogen bomb (no, not the kind they used in WW2). Does anybody know if using a hydrogen warhead is feasible?
 #36 
Old 2002-08-20, 00:03
The_Scrub The_Scrub is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

You are such a dumbass. A Hydrogen Warhead. Made at home easily by a douche-bag like yourself, or anyone for that matter is completly out of the question. Fuck just leave this board already. And I swear to god if you say bugger off..............
 #37 
Old 2002-08-20, 00:03
The_Scrub The_Scrub is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Scrub
You are such a dumbass. A Hydrogen Warhead. Made at home easily by a douche-bag like yourself, or anyone for that matter is completly out of the question. Fuck just leave this board already. And I swear to god if you say bugger off..............
 #38 
Old 2002-08-20, 00:08
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

Making a hydrogen bomb is not feasible! Making ANFO is easy, detonating it isn't.
 #39 
Old 2002-08-20, 00:48
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

Fucking H-Bomb...your outta your damn mind. Number 1, you couldn't build one even if you had all the materials you needed. Number 2, nuclear fallout.

Best thing you could do is take the thing apart and keep the pieces. Wood isn't cheap. Next best thing would be to destroy it, burning it down is easiest. and if you don;t want to do that, get some doe piss or fox urine and spray it all in the inside of it. It will smell so bad they can't stand to be in there and they will never get the smell out.

This is after you have raided the place for anything useful of course.
 #40 
Old 2002-08-20, 01:09
Galvaplex Galvaplex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

quote:
"Fucking H-Bomb...your outta your damn mind. Number 1, you couldn't build one even if you had all the materials you needed. Number 2, nuclear fallout."


Please read my post next time. I made it clear that I didn't mean the H-bomb that was detonated during WW2. I mean a bomb with hydrogen in it.

quote:
"This is after you have raided the place for anything useful of course."


Already been done. I ripped out all the wiring, including 4 car batteries and a Commadore 64. (wow, what a catch, huh? )

Ok, I'm sure the next question will get "Are you a fucking idiot!" post, but what's ANFO?

 #41 
Old 2002-08-20, 01:36
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

I am sure that he means a bomb filled with hydrogen and oxygen, becuase you can not even make a real hydrogen bomb out of hydrogen. No human has even come close to bonding the nuclei of hydrogen together. Now they use deturium and triturium. Anyways, the hydrogen bomb wasnt even developed until the fall of 1952.
 #42 
Old 2002-08-20, 01:46
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

try the crater charge by drilling holes in the supports, but several meters above those, place more crater charges on the opposite sides of the lower ones. Time it right, and the supports will be obliterated, and bring the house crashing down and smashing it more or damaging so much it takes forever to repair.
 #43 
Old 2002-08-20, 02:39
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

What would be the point of a bomb with hydrogen in it? That sounds like it would yield the same effects as a paint bomb, just scatter the liquid all over.
 #44 
Old 2002-08-20, 03:21
Galvaplex Galvaplex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

^I was under the impression that Hydrogen is a flammable gas.
 #45 
Old 2002-08-20, 06:25
The_Scrub The_Scrub is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

quote:
Originally posted by Galvaplex:
^I was under the impression that Hydrogen is a flammable gas.


It is very flammable, you are correct. But you can't buy H at a store or anything. If you want a "flame-bomb"(lack of better term) try EP's site. I don't have the address. He has these balloons filled with propane, I think, but I guess you could use those butane canisters for filling up lighters. Hope that helps.
 #46 
Old 2002-08-20, 21:08
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

ANFO is Ammonium Nitrate/Fuel Oil. Secondary high explosive. Not very sensitive, you need a #8 military blasting cap or one made from a .22 caliber bullet with HMDT and RDX. ANFO was the stuff Timmothy McVeigh used. We all know that's not true though...
 #47 
Old 2002-08-21, 01:44
black_light black_light is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

i think u shuld give them back all there lights. like leave them there when there not and pray they hook them all up again... heres the good part make light bulb bombs and replace all the bulbs with bombs just an idea also how did they get a comedore 64 i herd those games were on video tapes or sumthin'. if u dont want it id be glad to take it off ur hands also do u have any info on it like when it was made and such
 #48 
Old 2002-08-21, 03:34
The_Scrub The_Scrub is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

quote:
Originally posted by black_light:
how did they get a comedore 64 i herd those games were on video tapes or sumthin'. if u dont want it id be glad to take it off ur hands also do u have any info on it like when it was made and such


No, a Commedore 64 was basically one of the first home computers avalible. I played with one once, the programs are on 5 1/2 floppys. The thing is just real old, and a graphing calculater could do more.

 #49 
Old 2002-08-21, 17:59
Aechean Aechean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

Well I posted this yesterday and it disapeared. What you want to actually do is unbalance the structure so it topples. For example, if there are four supports, cut two until they are close to breaking, insert charges (tamped cratermakers? or if you can shaped charges would be best) and the two supports should hopefully collapse, bringing down the rest of the fort with it.
 #50 
Old 2002-08-27, 05:06
-=ReD-hAzE=- -=ReD-hAzE=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obliterating Treeforts (Help Please!)

i'm going with insane_blaine... burn that mofo down...explosives cost a lot more than a lighter and a gallon of gas...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics