About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-12, 19:03
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default The biggest thing you have ever made yourself

What is the biggest/most powerful explosive you have ever made, whether it was a small pipe bomb made with a low explosive, or a 55 gallon barrel of an ammonium nitrate explosive. Who knows maybe its a small salute for alot of you. I have detonated so many different charges, from Vaseline/Kclo4 detonated with ap & sp, to annm. So I cant really pick out a biggest one, although the chlorate explosive sucks. Also what were the damage they inflicted.
 #2 
Old 2002-08-12, 19:14
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The biggest thing you have ever made yourself

As the grand finally of the 4 of July celebration, I lit a firecracker thata contained 400 grams of whistle mix(that is like 7/8 pound or 1/2 kilo). It had 1/4 inch walls, wood glue and saw dust end plugs. It blew a 3 1/2 foot crater, about 4 inches deep.
 #3 
Old 2002-08-12, 23:16
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The biggest thing you have ever made yourself

My erection....oh you mean an explosive I made?
 #4 
Old 2002-08-13, 02:49
EP EP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The biggest thing you have ever made yourself

The biggest thing I've made would be the "BMX bombs" I made (info on my site in 2002 party page).

I'll make bigger stuff once I get better access to chemicals (working on that part...) and a drivers license (not working on that part but should...) so I can drive someplace to test bigger devices/charges.
 #5 
Old 2002-08-13, 08:35
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The biggest thing you have ever made yourself

That rocket the nealy started a bushfire. Oh and a few years ago a small gas cylinder caught fire. Flames went everywherer and the backyard had a bright arua around it. When the firebrigde got there followed by a dozen cars the barsted ran out of gas. The whole town saw it and new who is was. embarresed
 #6 
Old 2002-08-13, 12:36
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The biggest thing you have ever made yourself

I blew up that quarter stcik you see on Pyro Supreme yesterday. Practically woke half the neighborhood and set off so many damn car alarmn.
 #7 
Old 2002-08-13, 16:53
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The biggest thing you have ever made yourself

6C, did you mix up your own 7/3 flash powder?
 #8 
Old 2002-08-14, 01:21
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The biggest thing you have ever made yourself

Yeah, you can see the instructions on my site on how I made it. Recipe for 100 grams with instructions to easily make a lower yield of 10 grams.
 #9 
Old 2002-08-14, 02:06
black_light black_light is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The biggest thing you have ever made yourself

hey 6c whats ur site? i prob have it bookmarked but i dont kno if its urs or not...
 #10 
Old 2002-08-14, 02:42
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The biggest thing you have ever made yourself

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/highexplosives If you want to learn someones site, just look at their profile( to find out my site too )!
 #11 
Old 2002-08-14, 21:31
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The biggest thing you have ever made yourself

Nick, wanna switch-link sites? Got a banner or something?
 #12 
Old 2002-08-14, 23:28
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The biggest thing you have ever made yourself

I do not have a banner for niether of my web sites, but the addresses are http://www.geocities.com/tight_rappa2002/home.html and http://www.geocities.com/tight_rappa2002/homepage.html If you want me to, I can link to your site.
 #13 
Old 2002-08-15, 17:42
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The biggest thing you have ever made yourself

Alright cool, just put a text link up becasue my banner is huge.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics