About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-04-07, 09:05
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Air horns

I have a 1.8 oz air horn, that has just gone empty. Does anyone know much pressure this should be able to handle? I ask because I want to put a tubeless tire valve in it to pump it up for at least a few good blasts.
 #2 
Old 2002-04-08, 03:28
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Air horns

The things hold liquid CO2, don't they? If that's the case, they should be able to take over 600 PSI. Pressurize your cans in a safe manner, in case I'm wrong...

~Zero the Inestimable
 #3 
Old 2002-04-10, 02:20
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Air horns

NO C02 it was tetra somthing I think. Dont remember though. I gave up on it however, mods, can close/delete this post.
 #4 
Old 2002-04-10, 03:39
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Air horns

The ones I've seen are CO2, at least.

~Zero the Inestimable
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics