About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-03-22, 09:47
CulexuS CulexuS is offline
Regular
 
Default Ouch....

LoL, I was just sitting here and I was bored. So I used my lighter and fuled an empty sobe bottle(turned lighter upside down and pushed the button letting gas into the bottle). Then I used the lighter and light the gas inside, it was neat(considering I was bored), it shot the lighter fule out in a jet like flame.

Only down fall was it shot the flame all over my fucking hand! No serious damage... just singed the hair off the back of my hand lol. Anyway, just thought I'd give people an interesting thing to do if they are really bored.

O and instead of lighting it with the lighter and buring your hand, use a candle.
 #2 
Old 2002-03-23, 09:28
the creator the creator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ouch....

Yesterday I lit a bloon full of hydrogen a little to close to my hand and singed of all of my hand hair aswell. It will grow back atleast we still have our fingers.
 #3 
Old 2002-03-23, 23:00
Aechean Aechean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ouch....

how did you create the hydrogen
 #4 
Old 2002-03-24, 02:59
t0ne t0ne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ouch....

Yea when I was younger I did that with a pop bottle, I had 2nd degree burns on my thumb, it was sweet though...
 #5 
Old 2002-03-24, 03:06
eyesburn eyesburn is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ouch....

i do that often when bored but i use cola can its the best way to scare friends in the club when drunk
use lighter change it to longer flame and you dont get burned
i cant make jet flame every time i think its about proper mixture of butane with oxy?
 #6 
Old 2002-03-25, 02:44
solo solo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ouch....

put butane in a beer bottle still wet with beer and it will do damage (iwould know)
 #7 
Old 2002-03-25, 04:31
unstable247 unstable247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ouch....

...to the beer, yes.
 #8 
Old 2002-04-03, 20:50
A_M_P A_M_P is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ouch....

This reminds me of when one of my friends was burning this foam crap and stinking the place up so I grabbed some airfreshner and sprayed it around. Who knew it was flamable? Lit his hand on fire.

Has anyone ever dipped their hand in acetone then waved it over a bunsen burner? My Chem teacher let us do that when we were doing some glowing penny experiment (hang a red hot penny over a glass of acetone, keeps glowing red for a long time). Great fun.
 #9 
Old 2002-04-04, 02:29
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ouch....

filling a coke bottle up with gas lighting it on fire then stomping it so it gos Boomp. i found a lighter at school and turned it up so it gos like a litle flame thrower. the smokers were nealy burning there eye brows off. and ive spilt metho on my hand and had it catch fire. i dont really hurt but annoying cus it wont go out.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics