About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-03-02, 09:00
captain_nuke captain_nuke is offline
Regular
 
Default how can I get aluminum powder

I need to get some aluminum powder for some thermite but i can't find any.
 #2 
Old 2002-03-02, 15:32
gun-nut gun-nut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how can I get aluminum powder

Al powder ? get a piece of alluminium
and sand it into powder....
 #3 
Old 2002-03-02, 19:23
TariqMujahid TariqMujahid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how can I get aluminum powder

a piece of Aluminum foil is Aluminum Hydroxide, you don't want that. You want ALUMINUM.
I believe it is sold as "Aluminum Bronzing Powder" at some art stores. You know, the stores that sell Art supplies (T-Shirts, Paints, Markers, Pottery, etc.). However, i've been looking for the same thing for the same purpose, and i haven't gotten a chance to stop by the art store =).
 #4 
Old 2002-03-02, 20:16
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how can I get aluminum powder

I dont think he said Aluminum foil man!
 #5 
Old 2002-03-02, 20:39
Shappers Shappers is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how can I get aluminum powder

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TariqMujahid:
[B] a piece of Aluminum foil is Aluminum Hydroxide,

Arn't hydroxides liquids!!!
 #6 
Old 2002-03-02, 20:49
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: how can I get aluminum powder

not that i know of but i could be wrong but
W/E
 #7 
Old 2002-03-05, 16:33
gun-nut gun-nut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: how can I get aluminum powder

pls I mean block of alluminium, it is not
alluminium hydroxide, there is only a thin
layer of alluminium oxide covering the
surface, the rest is pure alluminium....
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics