About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-21, 19:24
SnakeEye SnakeEye is offline
Regular
 
Default BIG Crater maker: Blast Report

I blew up a crater maker made from a 60g CO2 cartridge today. I placed it inside an old spin dryer, under the spin bucket next to the gear box. Before the explosion the dryer was completely intact, albeit very rusty. Pic of the cartridge before I charged it with BP:
http://www.anathema.dynu.com/kosegutt.jpg

The casing of the spin dryer was split open along one side, there was a 25x15cm hole torn in the 1.5mm sheet metal next to where the cartridge was placed, and there was a hole blown in a rusty barrel that was standing next to the dryer (I think it was made by a chunk of shrapnel and not by the blast). There was a huge (ab. 30x30x10cm) dent in the spin bucket (2mm steel and NOT rusty at all). There was a 5x15cm hole blown in the gear box, which was made from 2mm cast iron.

This tells me one thing, that big crater makers are seriously powerful shit, and not to be treated lightly. My next project is a turbo torch bottle, so there may be some pics coming up soon.

~Snake
 #2 
Old 2002-02-21, 20:06
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BIG Crater maker: Blast Report

Good show.

I think we're all awaiting pictures...

~Zero the Inestimable
 #3 
Old 2002-02-21, 22:44
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BIG Crater maker: Blast Report

i second that. get some pics up
 #4 
Old 2002-02-21, 23:10
Thalamus Thalamus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BIG Crater maker: Blast Report

SERIOUS IF U WANT A KOOL RIFLE GRENADE LISTEN UP!!!!!!11!!DIS DESINE IS LETHAL AT GREAT RANGES!!!!U JUST HEAT A STIK O DYNeMITE OVER A KANDLE ANd TI STARTZ SWEATIN YELLOW OILYL LIQUID, DIS IS NITORGLCRINE!!!!KRAZY SHIAT!!!!U JUZ COLLECT ALL OF DIS STUFF IN A SCOPP STUFF IT IN A SHOTGUN SHELL AND BLAST SOMETHIN CAREFUL THIS IS DANGEROUS SHIAT IT WILL BLOW UP A TANKAT 1000FEET!!!!111!!!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot....

aNARKY ROOLZ FREE MANSON!!!!!!

This is copied from his site.....
 #5 
Old 2002-02-21, 23:37
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BIG Crater maker: Blast Report

I think he was being sarcastic...

~Zero the Inestimable
 #6 
Old 2002-02-21, 23:48
SnakeEye SnakeEye is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BIG Crater maker: Blast Report

I didn't film the blast, mainly because I couldn't get a suitable mirror and I didn't feel like waiting till I could find one

I'll go out tomorrow and take some pics of the destroyed spin dryer, tho. Coming up tomorrow, I hope.

I've been talking to a friend of mine who's got an old VW thats going to the scrap heap anyhow, and it looks like the Turbo Torch is going under the gas thank. I'll just need to find a good place to do it, as it may draw some attention if it is done within earshot of civilisation.

~Snake
 #7 
Old 2002-02-22, 00:50
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: BIG Crater maker: Blast Report

at least get some pics of the car goin ok
 #8 
Old 2002-02-22, 01:08
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BIG Crater maker: Blast Report

SnakeEye, do you have a comparison photo like this one?

 #9 
Old 2002-02-22, 03:37
insane_blaine insane_blaine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BIG Crater maker: Blast Report

Mine (When Ready) will.. level the car.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics